CBR1100XX.org Forum

Group buy on HID

StPeteXX

I am in contact with a seller of HID conversion kits. He is offering a group buy. Pricing is dependent on how many are interested.

If anyone is intersted, let me know and I can give him a total number.

Kits can have mixed bulb temps if desired.

Kit Contents:

(2) McCulloch GEN V Ballasts & Ignitors

(2) 6000k Xenon Bulbs (5000k, 8000k, 10000k and 12000k available)

(2) Heavy Duty Double-Sided Adhesive Pads

(10) Zip Ties

(2) Bulb Specific Connectors

(1) Installation manual

Specification:

Color temperature: 6000K

Luminous flux: 2800

Bulb type: H1, H3, H4(9003), H7, H8, H9, H10(9145), H11, 9004(HB1), 9005(HB3), 9006(HB4), 9007(HB5), 9008(H13)

Power consumption: 35watts

Voltage: 85V +/- 17V

Service Life: up to 3000hrs

Input Voltage: 9V-16V

Working current (Steady state): 3.5 A nom

Ignition voltage: 24kV Peak Max, 18kV Peak Min

Lamp Frequency: 450 Hz

Rich

Mr. Peeps

Buy the HId and put the Modulator on the high beam, this way you can flip it on when you need it, PLUS once you bridge the sunlight sensor, You can pop it on at night to " alert drivers of your near approach"

I am thinking of the Mod for my Hi-beam, already got the HID low..

ps .. HI_JACk

I would participate in a group buy, BUT there is one concern I have.

From the website :

in October 1999, McCulloch's North American operation was purchased by Jenn Feng Industrial Co., Ltd, a Taiwan based manufacturer. A new headquarters/distribution facility, located in Tucson, was also acquired and the company moved in November 1999.

Jenn Feng Industrial Co., Ltd., founded in 1975, started doing business as an auto lighting manufacturer and expanded into the power tool and outdoor lighting categories in the mid 1980s.

McCulloch used to make two stroke engines, then chainsaws later on. Those produts were pretty good at the time. I've never before heard of Jenn Feng, and don't know if they have a well designed part. Do any autos use this brand?

I know that there are other HID vendors supplying both Denso and Phillips, both of which have good reputations as aotomotive suppliers.

In particular I woiuld be inclined to trust Denso over any Taiwanese company.

My .02, Mike

Do you have an expected price range based on the number of participants? It would be

nice to know what dollar figure we're talking before signing up. Thanks.

Do you have an expected price range based on the number of participants? It would be

+1

+1

+2

+5 8)

+another

+another,

Also is this a plug and go setup or will we have to modify the wiring and headlamp socket. Do you have any install instructions or photos?

Thank for putting this together

They EBAY buy of the bulbs

Can I use both bulbs for my high and low beam?

How do I know what bulb I want?

can I use a 12,000 or only 6,000?

What do you want??? Bling or more light??? The higher the Kelvin temperature the less light ( and more bluish to purplish) the light. If you're after "more" light then look for a bulb that produces between 4000°K and 6000°K. Anything greater than 5000°K shifts from white to blue. Some don't like to replace their hi beam as they "lose" the ability to flash their hi. I have found that the HID lo bam has reduced the need and that initial flash (from the ignitor) when I hit the hi beam suffuices...

YMMV

I would be a player for one if the HID capsule rating was right.... but 6000K is going to give you a bit too much purple.

If one wants HID so you can actually see shit (vice the bling factor), the very best rating for the human eye is 4300K. That's what many of use in the Iron Butt community use. It is pure white.... as white as you can imagine. I have one of these 4300K HID lamps in my low beam now.... so adding a purple-ish 6000K in the high beam housing would make it look squidly-dumb (not to mention the cop-magnet effect).

Any chance we can score 4300K capsules on this GB? Or at the most, 5000K capsules?

+1

+2

+5 8)

+another

+another,

Also is this a plug and go setup or will we have to modify the wiring and headlamp socket. Do you have any install instructions or photos?

Thank for putting this together

+12.5