CBR1100XX.org Forum

Group buy on HID

StPeteXX

Got this message today.

Hi Paully,

Just receive a confirmation, I am able to continue with the group buy until 9/30.  Please let your people know about this.  And I can offer this speical rate in below:

$185 for a set of 5300K McCulloch HID Kit  

$196 for a set of 6000K McCulloch HID Kit

$200 for a set of 8000K McCulloch HID Kit

Buy it up, I was thinking we could get the guys across the pond in on this great deal.

Guest rockmeupto125

Well, if there were instructions, they wouldn't be specific to your vehicle.

Green is ground on your bike, if you haven't previously noticed.

Black would be ground on most devices. So I'd suggest...black to green?

Mind you...I don't have one of these kits....

Steve, this is a plug n play kit. I didn't do anything, just connect and use the double sided tape provided by the seller to tape the ballast on my body. it is strong enough to stay on.

for 100W, it gives about 200 lumen, for a 6000K, it gives 3400 lumen

I believe he meant "2000" lumens for the 100 watt... the 55W gives off ~1350lumens, and I know the 5000k kit does 3200 lumens, and the 6000k kit gives off 2800 lumens...

Mike

As for installation:

I only removed my screen and top side fairing panels on both sides. I attached the smaller black box, I believe this is igniter, with supplied tie wraps to a metal rod going across the front fairing under the base of the screen. I needed to twist it to face down for the screen to fit. I attached the bigger box, I believe this is ballast, with supplied two-way adhesive tape to the flat surface inside fairing cone under the headlamp. I routed the wires along metal brackets securing it with supplied tie wraps. I did not drill any holes. I believe the two way tape is strong enough to keep ballast attached to the flat front fairing surface. I also used black electric tape to secure teh connection of the stock wires to mcculloch harness. It took me about 1 hr to do it, but it can be done in half of that time by person with more experience.

Recieved my HID today... Installed the low beam (Bowen is getting the other one)... Tried the spark plug boot thing, but that fuckin' pissed me off trying to get it all up in there (I just took the guage surrounds off, and had enough room to get it done, shield and all fairings and guages stayed on) and lined up and everything where I could only REALLY work with one hand... I ended up doing what Tim said and dremeling off the flange from the factory bulb plug and using it as the spacer... I'll order another one as a spare, but it worked VERY well... I haven't gotten to ride it yet at night, but in the garage with the lights off, it's BRIGHT! (actually, even with the lights on, it's bright)... Will post up tomorrow on brightness at night!

Mike