CBR1100XX.org Forum

Group buy on HID

StPeteXX

Guest rockmeupto125
I also would like to know the advantage or disadvantage of h4 opposed to h7 can someone shed some light.

The first advantage that comes to mind is that H4 doesn't fit the XX, whereas H7 does......

Hi Paully,

Please inform your group buy people that I will wait until 9/20 for the last payment comes in. In the meantime, I will process the order. Everything is sch to be shipped on 9/21-9/22.

Please note since this is a very special group buy price for a McCulloch G5 Kit, it is better for me to show a decent number of purchases at a time. Any problem you can email me, I will answer your email within the same day.

Thanks

Greg

I recieved this today, talk it up guys.

I might be interested depending on the price. Also, can someone give me a brief summary of the whole color scale and what is typical?

This was discussed earlier in this thread.

One last note guys. I was the one who reccomened this source of the kits,( not that it matters, I just want everyone to be well "lit") and belive me , you'll be really happy with the results. But do yourselves a big favor...... I posted a thread once on how I went about the install of this kit, and when it comes to the lamp install itself you'll NEED to do what I did to keep the lamp in correct orientation in the housing! If you don't, there will be a lot of help posts and a ton of frustration !!!!

The Secret with the lamp install is this. At the base of the capsule is a "disc" with a "tit" on it. This in the part of the lamp that litterally sits in the headlight housing. It has the "tit" on it so that when you place the lamp in the hole,,, it faces the right direction. The only shortcomming of this kit is this. That "disc" is shorter in height that the standard H-7 lamp. Because it is shorter, the clip that locks the lamp in place will not securely

hold the lamp!! Here's the trick.

TAKE A SPARKPLUG BOOT, AND CUT ABOUT 1/8-3/16'' OFF THE END. THEN,,

DIAGIONALLY , CUT ONE SIDE OF THE BOOT SO THAT YOU CAN OPEN IT UP LIKE THE LETTER "C". SLIP THAT PEICE OVER THE BACK SIDE OF THE LAMP CAPSULE WHERE THE RETAINING CLIP WOULD MAKE CONTACT WITH THE "DISC" ON THE CAPSULE. THEN YOU'LL HAVE GOOD TENSION WITH THE MOUNTING CLIP INSTALLED. IF YOU IGNORE THIS PROCEDURE,YOU'LL EITHER GO CRAZY TRYING TO BEND THE CLIP TO HOLD THE LAMP , OR THE LAMP WILL JIGGLE IN THE HEADLIGHT OR FALL OUT ALL TOGETHER !!!! Also , try not to touch the glass capsule. Handle it like a halogen lamp. If you do end up touching the glass with your fingers, clean it with some alcohol ( not beer ) .

Now , although the kits draws high current at startup ( 15 amp ) I didn't have to do anything to my XX's electrical system to handle it. It's never been a problem , and I have the kit installed on both high and low beam.

If anyone has any install questions , I'll answear all of them. I promise.

This board is the best damm thing I have found on the Web, and I just want to show my appreciation.

This guy ships MEGA fast. 3 days from HONG KONG !!!! And that was to

New York.

I sent an email off to them and got the following reply:

Sorry for not confirming your order. Please note we did receive your payment, and your kit is sch to be shipped on 9/21.

Thanks

Andy

I am guessing he is a little over run with orders right now!

According to this it should arrive at my house tomorrow before noon!

Tracking number

Ship date

Sep 21, 2005

Estimated delivery

Sep 22, 2005 10:30 AM

Reference

Warranty Replacement

Destination

Harlingen, TX

Service type

Priority Pak

Weight

1.4 kgs.

Status

Departed FedEx location

Date/Time

Activity

Details

Sep 21, 2005 6:50 PM

Departed FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

1:53 PM

Int'l shipment release

ANCHORAGE, AK

1:05 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

2:20 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

6:03 PM

Left origin

TOKWAWAN HK

4:49 PM

Picked up

TOKWAWAN HK

Is there anyone who wanted a HI beam only? I was getting the set, but really want just lows. If so, please PM me...I'm in Atlanta, and don't mind shipping it to where ever you may be.

The beams are just where you put them. You get two bulbs if you wanna split it with someone they can use it for high or low beam. They are not dedicated.

FURBIRD :

I like the idea of the sparkplug boot because the material is very heat resistant , and easy to work with. It won't dry out like rubber either. Not only that , but the base of the lamp has a larger diameter than the boot does, and it's a peice of cake to slip it on there and not have it fall off durring installation. I'll take pics durring my next project.