CBR1100XX.org Forum

Group buy on HID

StPeteXX

Depending on price (looking good so far) I'm in for a 5K. I hope I don't tip over with too much electronic do-dads.

I'll have to rewire my wigwags, just got a headlight alternating module to play with.

I know the original post states the different bulbs for the HID kit, but for this group group buy are we locked into the h7 bulb for the blackbird?

If not, and i can get an H4 at 5k for my other bike, I'm in.

Thanks

David

Different bulb types are available, as are color temps.

Here is the response I received this morning:

Hi,

For that quantity then I can get you $270 shipped for whole kit which

make $135 shipped for half kit. The easiest way will be you collect all

the money first and send me an money order with all their address and I

will ship them out. Let me know

Jerry

I would suggest mailing a money order/bank check to me, made payable to the seller. (I'll get that info).

With Paypal, if you guys send me money, a small percentage is deducted for the transer.

If you guys have a better idea, let me know.

Here is the seller's email address if anyone wishes to contact him directly with any questions or payment options.

xenonpros@xenonpros.com

Rich

I would suggest mailing a money order/bank check to me, made payable to the seller.  (I'll get that info).  

With Paypal, if you guys send me money, a small percentage is deducted for the transer.  

If you guys have a better idea, let me know.

Here is the seller's email address if anyone wishes to contact him directly with any questions or payment options.    

xenonpros@xenonpros.com

Rich

Rich, if you can tell me how much Paypal takes out I will include enough to cover that fee, it will be worth it not to have to go to the post office or bank.

I would be a player for one if the HID capsule rating was right.... but 6000K is going to give you a bit too much purple.

If one wants HID so you can actually see shit (vice the bling factor), the very best rating for the human eye is 4300K. That's what many of use in the Iron Butt community use. It is pure white.... as white as you can imagine. I have one of these 4300K HID lamps in my low beam now.... so adding a purple-ish 6000K in the high beam housing would make it look squidly-dumb (not to mention the cop-magnet effect).

Any chance we can score 4300K capsules on this GB? Or at the most, 5000K capsules?

Ooh Purple.... BLING!!! :airhump: Nice.

The 6000k have very little purple, if that's what you're looking for. A very slight blue tint, but no purple. You need to get up in the 8000-10,000 range before they start looking visibly purple, and at that point you're begining to give up most of the lighting advantage of an HID system.