CBR1100XX.org Forum

Old news, done now!

xxxbirdxxx

You can correct the speedo with a Yellow Box or the other device which does speedo correction (someone please post the link, I forgot the name). Both have worked well for riders here.

Or you can attach a bicycle speedo as is detailed in the mods section of the site.

You can correct the speedo with a Yellow Box or the other device which does speedo correction (someone please post the link, I forgot the name).  Both have worked well for riders here.

Or you can attach a bicycle speedo as is detailed in the mods section of the site.

plug and play.

http://www.data2racing.com/jim.htm

Well I went from 17 front to 16, 45 to 47 rearand I know what the rev limiter can do, I had it cut me out at 12-13 red line,  

Thanks.

If you went smaller at the front, and bigger at the rear, then you geared the bike down and redline in 6th will now yield an even lower top speed. Just FYI. :wink:

I think the tail looks cool considered by itself, but it looks unbalanced with the front end when you look at the whole bike. I think if you could get revised plastics to make the front end more naked and/or less 'slab sided' then it might balance a little better. Right now, the bike doesn't look right. It might be better in person, I'm sure.

-Pace

I can appreciate the work that has gone into your project, a lot of time, money etc. Just not my thing. My 2 cents. I agree with Carlos, it looks completely off balance, looks like 2 bikes made one. I'm not a big fan of polishing either. But like I said I can admire making it your own.

Well I went from 17 front to 16, 45 to 47 rearand I know what the rev limiter can do, I had it cut me out at 12-13 red line,  

Well your 5 teeth (1t on counter is 3 on rear, plus you are 2 above stock on rear) above stock with the gearing you have. I went 3 teeth up in the rear and mine tops out at 160/165mph, 2 additional would put you somewhere in the 150 mph range. Quite a long way from 200+mph.

at least had got some 3rd party or HONDA pieces....

Yamaha rubish on Hondas flagship!!! UN-F**KING-BELIEVEBLE

Do you keep the original rearend? Put it back on!!!

LOL

(sorry man, had to say it, enjoy your monster anyway :twisted: )

not to mention I had her up to 215 MPH on the Jersey Turn Pike,  

Dude that is SO FAR from the truth. We didn't learn to ride yesterday!!!

The fuckin bike wont do 215mph.

Randy,

If you had a bee stuffed in your rear like that butchered XX looks like, I bet you could run that fast. It's all 'bout the bee looking tail. And, ooh, those mirrors... I'm guessing they help to reduce the cross sectional drag to 60%. Not to forget the polished frame which shaves from the frictional drag. There you have it now :wink: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think that bike looks "different" but not to my taste. I didn't like it. But I have prejudice on this one; I didn't like the forum handle "xxxbirdxxx" anyway. :sad: :wink: Copy cat...

215 MPH?  OW!,  OW!, AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!,  OWWWWWWWWWW!.

Goddamn monkeys are flying out my butt!  Make them STOP!

It does have an interesting look though.  OWWWWWWWWWWWW!

You obviously have spent a lot of time with it (lotsa work).    

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

ROTFLMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Goddamn monkeys are flying out my butt! Make them STOP! :lol::lol::lol:

I was trying to drink a soda when I read that and now I have it coming out my nose!

I think stock looks better.

It looks unbalanced as others have mentioned. To much up front, to little in the back.

It doesn't look horrible, just odd.

But it doesn't matter if anyone else likes it as long as you do.

215 mph. That's nothing. On the track the other day, I got my bike up to 300 mph!!! And I know its true because that's what the Indy car driver said after he towed my ass around the track.

Man you guys are a rough crowd on this thread :grin: I have to say I can appreciate your work and effort but I have to agree with the gang...it doesn't work for me and I really didn't like the mirrors. On another note..... Randy did you change the brake lines out on your 51 and if so what are you using??

Dual High-Rise pipes might help the back end to not look so anemic.

Might look more balanced...

Actually with all the extra room created with the r1 tail, if you had some pipes custom made to fit all the way under the seat, like the new 600RR that would look sweet.