CBR1100XX.org Forum

Old news, done now!

xxxbirdxxx

The funny thing is he thought his radar was broken!

It was. This bike won't break 200 without serious modification. And for anyone who's gonna post how close they've been to 200, remember the speedo is way off at those speeds.

I'm still undecided on the look of the bike. I'm all for a little customization, but not sure all the pieces fit on this one. Gonna go back a few times and see if it grows on me.........

not to mention I had her up to 215 MPH on the Jersey Turn Pike,  

Dude that is SO FAR from the truth. We didn't learn to ride yesterday!!!

The fuckin bike wont do 215mph.

Keep it Real!! OK!!!

If it were mine Id make up 2 little vinyl wrapped padded panels and stick em to the tank in the area that the seat is posed to cover to make it look a lil better, other than that I dig the way the tail looks. But I gotta agree with kg4fku that mirror setup is fugly, the stockers with tinted lenses are the shit.

I've checked mine with a GPS unit, as have several others here. Mine's off 6-7% at 100mph, and it gets worse as you go faster. Fastest I've had mine was 177 indicated (it had more, I didn't), which was 163 corrected according to the GPS.

All the magazines that tested this shit out of this bike never saw the happy side of 180. With a full system and some tuning, maybe pull the mirrors off, you might get close to 190, but 200? Not a chance.

Sorry....... :sad:

On another note, no stock bike made 2000 or later is going to do more than 186mph (300kph, it's a Euro thing). They're all resticted now, the speed wars are over.

I just dont bullshit anyone, tell the truth, we know our shit.

Dude factory superbikes are pumping only 180-190hp, why do you think we would believe your buddies Gix thou does??? Is his name Yate, Spies or Maladin???

And I do appreciate your hard work and creative endevour in customizing your XX. Its just not something I would do.....Thats just me!

Why would you put r-1 pieces on a bird???

Everyone knows that will only make it slower!!!!

215mph????

Maybe the fumes from an r-1 made you dizzy!!!

Obviously, a lot of work has gone into your project. Yikes, I wouldn't have the patience to polish the frame like that.....

I would have to see the bike in the flesh to get the proper impression; from the photos, I'll admit the R1 tail looks both quite interesting and decidedly odd at the same time.

215 MPH? OW!, OW!, AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!, OWWWWWWWWWW!.

Goddamn monkeys are flying out my butt! Make them STOP!

It does have an interesting look though. OWWWWWWWWWWWW!

You obviously have spent a lot of time with it (lotsa work).

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Geez, yet another R1 tail on a XX? What a totally unbalanced look. And the mirrors...let's take a top feature of the bike, something found only on it and the MV Agusta F4s, and toss it. Now that we've fucked with Honda's careful aerodynamic engineering, and with no engine mods, we'll break 200 easy, though nobody has ever come close to it before.

Speedo error is exactly 8% at 100 MPH stock. I've tested this on a couple of bikes, it's consistent. On GPS with a slight downhill I've managed 182, which is consistent with all other testing.

But everyone is forgetting something; it's mathematically impossible to hit 215 unless you change the gearing (in which case then it would only be physically impossible). Red line in 6th is around 185 I think. So, how many teeth are on your sprockets?

The look, well it is different. I cannot decide if I like it or not.

However, I do like that you have that cargo net installed. I bet it does a great job at keeping that Yamaha's rear cowling installed when your running that 215, or is it 205 mph.

By the way, my bike has been radared, it ran 179 on a nice long flat stretch of California pavement. I have no idea what the speedo was reading.

And you know, "even though the bike was prity stable at that speed", I can't say that I cared much.

Funny,

I was going to ask about the sprocket sizes being run! The other night I was "indicating" 180, with a dropped front sprocket or a really 155.............

However, I must say I like the R1 rear tail, sets the bike apart from the crowd. But, based on your prior comments, you may have accidently set yourself apart from the crowd.

Ease back on the verbal throttle and try to get to know us, you might just make a friend or two..........