CBR1100XX.org Forum

Carnivore diet

02XXCA

Having been watching some videos on results of people on a Carnivore diet and have decided to give it try.   Since I have been trying to cut down on excess sugar and carbs the last few years, I still find myself eating too many. The last few days I have tried to cut carbs completly and have already lost 2.5 lbs in 2 days, probably only eating about 1200 calories or less and still walking 3+miles per day.   Eating a beef patty as my main calories and a salad did not leave me feeling hungry so that is good.   I still had a few carbs in the form of triscuits dipped in sugar free peanut butter.   Today, I'm just going to have the patty and salad and no other carbs except for olive oil/basalmic vinegrette dressing.

Hard to live on beef patties and lettuce but... it's really about what works for the individual. Best of luck and keep us updated.  

My cardiologist recently recommended I start Wegovy to maintain my low weight... seeing my history of yo yo'ing. I asked him what the side affects are or could be and he said "could any of those side effects be worse than death?"

So... seriously considering it. 

• Upvote 1

When I was a stickler for my diet, fat and protien was okay.  Carbs were to be avoided.  So long as you aren't overdoing the fats (and especially unhealthy forms of fat), your body will convert them to glucose and burn them.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DaveK said:

Hard to live on beef patties and lettuce but... it's really about what works for the individual. Best of luck and keep us updated.  

My cardiologist recently recommended I start Wegovy to maintain my low weight... seeing my history of yo yo'ing. I asked him what the side affects are or could be and he said "could any of those side effects be worse than death?"

So... seriously considering it. 

I have lost about 22 lbs since I modified my diet, but still eat too much carbs.  I have wanted to get rid of the stubborn belly fat that just hangs on.   I think working on total carbs will help, will try even harder to reduce unless fiber/and fat/carb ratio is better.   I would do anything to avoid drugs like modifying diet to be as healthy as possible.

Edited by 02XXCA

4 hours ago, 02XXCA said:

Having been watching some videos on results of people on a Carnivore diet

Me too, and it's pretty scary what it does to some people.

4 hours ago, 02XXCA said:

and have decided to give it try. 

Oooooh.  Huh.  I've watched different videos about it.

F5CCFD49-0A75-4EB2-9BEC-2BD93EA3B63B_1_102_o.jpeg

17 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Me too, and it's pretty scary what it does to some people.

Oooooh.  Huh.  I've watched different videos about it.

That is a good amount of weight loss and definitly trending in the right direction.

There are such conflicting content out there, but I believe everybody is different.   I guess my key focus really is eating less sugar and high carbohydrate food which is so addicting.  I'm hoping by doing that I reduce my insulin resistance and improve my isulin response while trying to avoid spikes, thus hoping to get my body to burn some of this extra fat and improve overall weight and BMI.    Wathing videos about different sizes of lipids in your blood and that the larger ones are healther.   But I think if I can loose weight and get to my preferred weight I will be healthier overall.

Edited by 02XXCA

3 minutes ago, 02XXCA said:

There are such conflicting content out there

For fucking sure.  Early on it was unknown what the long term results would be.  Currently, I believe new info has reached the point where I solidly believe that the risk outweighs the reward, for me.  But there's a new surge to bring it back to life with some modifications, and maybe that fixes the risk.

3 minutes ago, 02XXCA said:

but I believe everybody is different.

Yes, but no.  Since I did my diet change experiment with about 100 people, 90 of whom had identical results, and ten who only half-assed it, I also believe we are all mostly the same.  As one of the leaders of the whole thing put it, at least half of what I preach is bullshit.  And maybe another half varies on an individual basis.  But if you follow 100% it works, and we don't know WHICH parts are bullshit or individual.

Dropping sugar and limiting trash carbs is certainly good.  

The reduction of carbs and sugar has made a 63lb differance in me in 4 years.

Diabetes forced the issue. I'm still fat though. Would like to lose 20 more.

I wasn't even trying. No real exercise. I even posted about this rapid wieght loss awhile back.

I swam a year ago and hope to return. Swimming made me feel the best. 

• Upvote 1

We definitely have to draw a line between "reduce" and "carnivore diet."  I think I've seen enough evidence lately that the latter is dangerous.  It's a controversial topic though, and very hard to define and study.

• Upvote 1

This is what happens to me every time I travel, and am "forced" to eat the general Standard American Diet (SAD).  Meat, dairy, and salt definitely correlate with joint pain and general weight gain, and then it's just gone when I get off it again.  100% repeatable.  

5220B826-2952-4E7E-A4EE-7CD66DB15B7D_1_201_a.jpeg

• Upvote 1

At the recommendation of an acquaintance, I re-watched "The Magic Pill" (once it started, I recognized that I had seen it before) on Amazon.  It recommends a high-fat, low-carb diet and shows examples of dramatic results in case studies using volunteers.  

I'm still unsold on the theory that one can eat "whatever I want" as long as it isn't carbs and sugars.  One of the filmmaker's theories is that other carnivores in nature are able to self-regulate body weight while still feasting until satiation, yet he fails to consider that they also necessarily fast for extended periods and have irregular eating patterns due to the variable availability of prey and their physical ability to continue hunting beyond the point of satiation.  And I imagine an obese predator in the wild either "self regulates" back to normal weight by being unable to successfully hunt, or becomes a feast itself for something else in the food chain.  And those that can't maintain a healthy body weight on the other end of the spectrum are also cruelly absent from the sample pool.  When allowed to work, natural selection is a motherfucker.

Turns out that a critical review of the subjects in the video who experienced the diet had been on high-sugar, high-carb and low fat diets to begin with.  And the research did not encompass longer term health effects of eating a high-fat diet involving things like lard-smeared broccoli, pancakes made with squash and ghee, or daily helpings of bacon and eggs.

My takeaway, seemingly elusive to the filmmaker's eyes, is the elimination of added sugars, processed foods, and complex carbs is what resulted in weight loss, perceived health, and improved cognitive function - not the substitution of high-fat elements.  Fat and protein are both critical to our bodies, but they don't need to come in daily overdose portions nor be the overwhelming basis of our diet.

• Useful/Thanks! 2

2 minutes ago, IcePrick said:

My takeaway, seemingly elusive to the filmmaker's eyes, is the elimination of added sugars, processed foods, and complex carbs is what resulted in weight loss, perceived health, and improved cognitive function

Bingo, the evidence is becoming overwhelming that processed foods are the problem.  We have never before had such a highly refined, incomplete diet available, and it's the only thing pushed in ads.  You have ads for Twinkies and Coke because they make money for specific brands (and we subsidize them with tax dollars).  There are no ads or subsidies for broccoli and melons.

Where moderation and portions go full retard is telling people to eat less Twinkies and Coca-Cola.  It's like telling someone to cut back on the heroine one day a week.  No, just stop it.  But facing somewhat of a backlash, the junk food conglomerates like Coke and Pepsi are now pushing the moderation of cocaine as the solution, and marginally cutting back the garbage.  Like Pepsi saying that Taco Bell will reduce sodium 20% within two years.  Cool, it's already at about triple the daily recommendation for one typical meal, 20% makes a huge difference.  What?

• Haha 1

Chris, not sure if this is in your plan, but...  A useful tool for me has been the flax and whole grain tortillas from Santa Fe tortilla factory.  Only 5g carbs, 8g protein, and tasty and soft.  

https://www.samsclub.com/p/santa-fe-tortilla-company-homestyle-whole-grain-with-flax-tortilla-wrap/P03016035

• Upvote 1

I dunno, it says 13 grams, 100 calories. You eat 3 oof those, 300 cals and 39 grams of carbs. Not much nutritional value. 

Anyone serious about loosing/maintaining weight should pretty much forget tortillas of pretty much any kind. Especially if you don't exercise. IMHO of course. I don't touch it. 

12 minutes ago, tomek said:

0008189620066_C.jpeg

So, 13g of carbohydrates is supposed to be 4% of your total daily intake on a 2000 calorie diet?  That's 325 grams per day?  Unless my math is wrong, that is 1300 calories per day of carbs.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!  No wonder so many people are fat.  Don't low-carb diets only allow about 50 grams per day?

Five grams.  It shouldn't shock me that the 'tard who doesn't understand how air currents work or off road tires work, also doesn't understand how carbs and fiber work.  Yet is The Professional dietician.  Fiber is technically a carb but is not absorbed and doesn't count.  But Americans as a rule get way too little fiber.  So 5g NET absorbable carbs, and 8g fiber, and 8g protein plus a ton of micronutrients makes these pretty damn good nutritionally.

The US RDA for carbs is 130 on average.

17 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Five grams.  It shouldn't shock me that the 'tard who doesn't understand how air currents work or off road tires work, also doesn't understand how carbs and fiber work.  Yet is The Professional dietician.  Fiber is technically a carb but is not absorbed and doesn't count.  But Americans as a rule get way too little fiber.  So 5g NET absorbable carbs, and 8g fiber, and 8g protein plus a ton of micronutrients makes these pretty damn good nutritionally.

Nice flip flap on air travel speed. Typical Cuban Bull Shit. What else is new. 

At the bottom there is whole list of ingredients you should not touch. Acid this, acid that, corn starch and more. 

Btw, if you are such of expert on healthy eating how come you are fat, and I am not fat. Lol. 

End of discussion.

28 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Not directed at Swamp.

130 grams of CARBS per day? Is that right?  That would be insane amount. 

I felt like doing no work for lunch so two of those, some guacamole, and part of a can of black means with some hot sauce made a tasty burrito.  I've been told that black beans are pretty keto-friendly because of super slow absorption, but didn't research it myself.  Avocado is quite low carb, high nutrition.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 11:00 AM, tomek said:

Btw, if you are such of expert on healthy eating how come you are fat

😂 

Alternatively, you could have said "I don't know what Carlos looks like."

12 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

😂

Alternatively, you could have said "I don't know what Carlos looks like."

Well, it is informed opinion. I saw pics of him on Only Fans. He invited me. 

• Haha 1