CBR1100XX.org Forum

The lead contamination we caused is having permanent consequences

SwampNut

"Now, two new studies provide information on the correlation between exposure to heavy metals in food and the risk of cancers and other serious health risks. The findings will be presented at the 2023 Society for Risk Analysis Annual Conference."

They haven't even presented the findings yet.

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

We've already proven a connection to a decline it cognitive ability, now this...

Arsenic is a naturally occurring toxic element that can contaminate drinking water and food -- especially in areas with high levels of arsenic in the soil.

It can be found in rice, wheat, and leafy green vegetables, among other foods.

Arsenic demonstrated moderate to high scores for skin, bladder, lung, kidney, and liver cancers.

It also showed moderate to high scores for non-cancer risks (skin lesions, cardiovascular disease, immunological, neurological, reproductive, developmental, and renal effects).

Oooooh. Now we have to cleanse the earth of Arsenic!

2 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

I'm more worried about what "education" is doing to our kids more than I worry about lead contamination.

You're supposed to be scared into supporting the funding that will be used as the reason to have more massive tax payer funded national and international gravy trains.

Not pointing out the massive societal damage being generated by the indoctrination factories of, for example, Chicago. 

How many people died from lead in Chicago this past weekend? 

• Like 1
  • Useful/Thanks! 1

image.png.b786cee79660a0ddb6fd48c474bb0c86.png

Swampballs, demonstrating once again he doesn't know wtf he's talking about, proudly illustrates his supreme idiocy.

Moron, not Moran.

i'm wondering if my perception that more people "flying off the handle" at the slightest provocation is true;

Lead exposure can create learning disabilities and challenges that affect children's executive functioning, impulse control and levels of aggression. These conditions are often irreversible and, studies find, may impact the likelihood of learning and behavioral difficulties, violence, and crime in adulthood.

7 things to know about lead exposure | UNICEF

generations of kids now becoming adults, who were never told no?

more cameras in more places capturing what's always been happening?

doesn't help that my job is dealing with the transit riding public...  "what do you mean i can't get my free pass now?!  i'm disabled!"...  at times, i question if there are any able bodied, sane people left in this town...

When a scientific article talks about high levels of something without stating what those numbers are it makes me suspicious.  It would be useful to know much shit was in baby foods 50+ years ago compared to now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

It would be useful to know much shit was in baby foods 50+ years ago compared to now.

It would, and we probably have no way of knowing it specifically.  We have charted the general background levels moving up, and I'm not sure exactly how that informs us how much makes it to food.  Like arsenic in certain mining areas.

On 1/2/2024 at 8:36 AM, superhawk996 said:

When a scientific article talks about high levels of something without stating what those numbers are it makes me suspicious.  It would be useful to know much shit was in baby foods 50+ years ago compared to now.

Particularly when they haven't even presented the findings, and the hypochondriacs already have their panties all jammed up their sand filled pussies.

Once again why actually read/watch before commenting?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, XXitanium said:

Now you've gone and done it again. Stork and TOMEK will be in shortly to correct your lack of knowledge and paranoid distrust of your "leaders".

• Upvote 1