CBR1100XX.org Forum

Guess What My Day Was Like...

rockmeupto125

Tire pressure sensor went bad? 

Watched one changed last night, then had to be reprogramed to the truck. 5 minutes max

Then again I was at a tire shop, they kind of do them multiple times a day. 

I did watch them try to swap out a tire on this 10inch trailer rim, so small the bead breaker couldn't do it, resorted to doing it by hand and when they didn't work they had to cut the tire off the rim. This went on for 30 minutes, then the customer walked in and said if its too much trouble don't bother, will just go buy another wheel and tire combo. 

17 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

Tire pressure sensor went bad? 

All of them. 

My tire changed made a hissy expensive sound. 

All the local guys who wouldn't charge me $25 to break a bead were too busy, which is why I have my own equipment so I don't have to chase all over and spend my time waiting for someone else. 🙄

But I have this hydraulic press. Took three tries with the front wheels off the ground before it popped off. 

Two more to go. Then I'll change the door handle that broke off in my hand this morning. 🙄🤗🙄

4 hours ago, rockmeupto125 said:

All of them. 

My tire changed made a hissy expensive sound. 

All the local guys who wouldn't charge me $25 to break a bead were too busy, which is why I have my own equipment so I don't have to chase all over and spend my time waiting for someone else. 🙄

But I have this hydraulic press. Took three tries with the front wheels off the ground before it popped off. 

Two more to go. Then I'll change the door handle that broke off in my hand this morning. 🙄🤗🙄

$25 to break the bead? I know the tire machines are expensive but damn. Just had my truck serviced and the airfilter was $63, must have been made from bald eagle feathers.

I always figure small towns would be cheap for things like that.  Around here you just find your local Mexican tire (llantera) and pay $7 to R/R (no balance at that price).  It's next to a taco shop where you can eat while you wait.

28723.jpeg

o.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 6:08 AM, rockmeupto125 said:

Took three tries with the front wheels off the ground before it popped off. 

Load some heavy stuff into the bucket or onto the forks.  Or step out of the cab and jump on the fork.  

Yeah, I was pretty much done with it at that point. I took the last two tires down too the shop and had them break the bead. I thought about using my press, but I'm not strong enough anymore to lift the tire and rim combo up into the press area and hold it.

Now I have to figure out whether to rebuild the tire machine or buy another one. <Sigh,more to do>

I came real close to that a few weeks ago, had already placed the call to AAA.  I wouldn't have felt a loss of points because of the circumstances, but when I solved the problem and cancelled the tow I did feel a few points go into the reserve account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkxx said:

I don't know why but I'm surprised you have AAA.  

Many have said the same.  I use the fuck out of the title/registration services, and the towing on occasion when I buy a dead car.  Tho I haven't needed it, it's comforting to know I can get any of my vehicles/trailers home for free.  And it saved the day...actually many days, when my buddy's truck took a shit towing my boat to Havasu.  It wasn't going to get us home, but it got us to an auto parts store so I could buy the freeze plug and scavenge some wood to raise the engine for access.

Reminds me that I need to upgrade.  I thought I had 200 mile towing, when the Excursion died a few weeks ago I found out that it's only 100.  Luckily, Ashley has 200 so it would have gotten us most of the way home for free.

It's almost never anywhere near as good as AAA premium or Good Sam's all inclusive plans.  By far.  And I've never seen insurance that "comes with" towing, it's an added line item, and rarely a good value.  The only exception I found is my Progressive moto policies have ultra cheap options, probably based on the bikes being new/low risk.  Something like $6/year.  But the coverage is less than the full service plans from AAA or Good Sam.  Also, then you have to deal with THEIR dispatch, which is a huge variable.  I used the free HRC coverage for the XX once and it was pretty awful.

5 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

AAA?  Doesn’t your insurance come with towing/roadside assistance coverage?  It’s usually equal or superior to AAA and is cheaper if not included.

‘We pay for AAA and it has been amazing. They even towed my son’s 1970 school bus when we had a blow out on the freeway in Yakima.