Jump to content
CBR1100XX.org Forum

Looking to purchase a CLEAN 2001-2002 XX


Recommended Posts

Under 20K miles, as stock as possible. No "beaters". MUST have excellent body panels.  Within 100 miles of Philadelphia, PA. I've got cash.

Ready to buy now.

 

Steve Smith

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The mileage desire is likely unfounded, so hence the question is a good one.  Some people think a XX is like some older bikes that might not make 50k+++.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 11:17 AM, SwampNut said:

The mileage desire is likely unfounded, so hence the question is a good one.  Some people think a XX is like some older bikes that might not make 50k+++.

My 97 is sitting at 108 right now

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 10:10 AM, rockmeupto125 said:

Are you sure a 2000 won't work?

Analog speedo?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 11:03 AM, Steve Smith said:

Under 20K miles, as stock as possible. No "beaters". MUST have excellent body panels.  Within 100 miles of Philadelphia, PA. I've got cash.

Ready to buy now.

 

Steve Smith

 

 

I live in MD if you would like to take a look at mine. A lot of extra stuff. 

16135147110473869218828930747778.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm afraid going to Canada isn't an option especially with me not having a passport.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your ever down toward Charlotte I will part ways with mine, but it has close to 25k on it and some mods

ECE00976-CCC2-4EEB-921F-43B673DF8300.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 9:10 AM, rockmeupto125 said:

Are you sure a 2000 won't work?

I am partial to a 2000 and am currently bikeless.  Talk to me....  :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Grahamham said:

Yeah that makes sense, pretty sure the border is still closed anyway


Can’t meet on your respective sides and let a border agent walk the bike over the line?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got a 2002. Stock other than Scorpion SS slip ons (sorry no stock cans) new fork oil and springs for 180lb rider. 15k miles. It does have Ducati ST2 black saddle bags fitted if you want them. Easily removed. 
I am outside of Philly. 
Wasn’t planning on selling but close to retiring and moving so although I hate the thought, I should begin to consider thinning the herd. Which doesn’t mean I have to. Yet. 😬
$5500. Firm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2021 at 9:51 PM, XX4me said:

I'm not an expert but I don't think it works that way with regards to titles ect.


If you can sell a bike titled in Canada to an American, it’s just a question of transporting the goods across the border.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 5:41 AM, Zero Knievel said:


Can’t meet on your respective sides and let a border agent walk the bike over the line?

Ever crossed land border? There is no "line". Canadian and USA customs/immigration are typically hundred(s) yard(s) apart. Or miles apart like at Alaska/Yukon crossing on Alcan hwy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elefant said:

I’ve got a 2002. Stock other than Scorpion SS slip ons (sorry no stock cans) new fork oil and springs for 180lb rider. 15k miles. It does have Ducati ST2 black saddle bags fitted if you want them. Easily removed. 
I am outside of Philly. 
Wasn’t planning on selling but close to retiring and moving so although I hate the thought, I should begin to consider thinning the herd. Which doesn’t mean I have to. Yet. 😬
$5500. Firm. 

 

Sounds awesome. Jus out of curiosity would love to see how it looks with the Ducati bags fitted. Did you custom make the racks?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tomek said:

Ever crossed land border? There is no "line". Canadian and USA customs/immigration are typically hundred(s) yard(s) apart. Or miles apart like at Alaska/Yukon crossing on Alcan hwy.


If freight can get across, there should be a way.  Just saying...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use