CBR1100XX.org Forum

Recomendations for throttle locks

TPXX

Overpriced? Like a Ruth's Chris steak

Any steak that's brought to your table sizzling in a pool of butter can't be overpriced!

That's the point I was trying to make.

Vista Cruise = Bonanza

Throttlemeister = Ruth's

Same purpose, cruise.....fill a hole and make a turd...LOL

Jet

I have plenty of Vista's just waiting to ship out !

where do i send the check? Gotta have one, hell I never eat-out-fancy!~ :icon_evilgrin:

where do i send the check? Gotta have one, hell I never eat-out-fancy!~ :icon_evilgrin:

PM sent

Thanks john, be sending the check this thursday. I'll let you know as soon as the mailman picks it up.

Shane

I got your PM telling me that the check is in the mail but you still have not PM'd me your address to mail out the Vista To ?

I need your address to ship to. I do Not plan on waiting for the check to arrive. I would like to go ahead and get it heading your way.

If the check was to bounce, I have three friends all named Bubba, all related, just released from prison last week and all ready to do my collections and will do it all for a small percentage of the $24.00 owed !!! :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Don't laugh, I have used a rubberband for years when I know I'm going to do a full day freeway drone. I remove the rubberband when I get to the twisties.

You can get this crusie control for free. I like the rubberbands they use to bundle asppergas. (sp)

Same here. Just used some rubber bands on my way to the Outer Banks 2 weeks ago. Works fine. Holds the throttle just enough so I can rest my throttle hand or take a drink or eat some peanuts or whatever.

• 9 months later...

RXX (IIRC) has an actual cruise control on his 'bird. Wasn't easy to install, though.

You'd think someone with the know-how would make an electric cruise control that easily mounts to about any motorcycle.

RXX (IIRC) has an actual cruise control on his 'bird. Wasn't easy to install, though.

You'd think someone with the know-how would make an electric cruise control that easily mounts to about any motorcycle.

It's called the Audiovox ccs-100

While some may find it difficult, it's been installed on many motorcycles.

Lots of write-ups on the web

Mine probably would have been easier to install if I had stopped at ONE BEER.

Vista Cruise (or NEP, don't remember) was my first add on to the bird, and I couldn't get it to work without sticking.

I have both cruise control and throttlemeister. I love both of them. The cruise control rocks for being on the slab... I did a stretch of 42 miles going across Ohio on I 90 and never touched the bars once. The throttlemeister rocks though for that quick "need to adjust my glove" and especially when you're at low speeds in town.

Send a PM to DavesXX01 if you're interested in a throttlemeister.... he's got the hookup, and can get them for a very good price.

• 8 months later...

Okay, why didn't we get that option in the US? Except for the price, that is pretty cool.

I just bought one of these for my LSL bars.

!!!Manic Salamander Throttle Lock

I'm trying to get everything set up before OzarXX. I'm a little behind. :icon_whistle:

WOOT!

Finally got the Throttlemeister to work properly.

What I had to do since it was always too tight or too loose was to identify the problem. The brass side of the unit (IMHO) is too slick to make a good mating surface with the throttle size.

So, with some help, I got some gasket material and cut a doughnut shape that was big enough to extend just beyond the brass ring and then make a hole for the parts that pass through it. Then with a flat surface and some very fine sandpaper, score up the brass side so it's no longer perfectly smooth.

Just enough for it to have some "grip" on the gasket material and the gasket has no problem gripping the throttle side.

• 2 weeks later...

The bird has a Throttlemeister. My old 900F has a Vistacruise that I installed back in '85. The Throttlemeister sure looks nice but, I'm constantly trying to flick it on with my thumb. To me it seems the old, cheap piece of plastic is a superior solution. I just can't seem to find a natural, easy way to get the Thottlemeister set. Operator error??

Pic of one installed? Last time I saw a Vista (around 2000) it was clunky and ugly.

This isn't mine but mine is installed the same way :icon_wink:

post-2722-1242555548.jpg

post-2722-1242555558.jpg

post-2722-1242555568.jpg

post-2722-1242555575.jpg