CBR1100XX.org Forum

Just passing this along

I don't really understand the collector mindset or pricing.  If you're buying this to show off that it's original, then the value is just random, right?  Like there's probably not another one like it, or maybe there are a handful?  So what's the value?  If you're gonna ride it, well, then it's just worth whatever a low-mile bike is worth, which is maybe $5-6k?  First thing you have to do is change tires, at a minimum.

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

First thing you have to do is change tires, at a minimum.

Oh fuck yeah. 

When I bought my VFR a few years ago, it had like 2800 original miles. I knew the entire bike had to be gone though. Original everything. Fluids, battery, tires, you name it. The seller didn't seem to grasp the concept of this. He thought it was "road ready " If I brought that thing to a dealer to be gone through, it would have been a couple grand easy. I never tallied what I spent on it, but I'd say it was close to $1000 to make it safe and mint. 

Edited by SR71BLACKBIRDXX

The consensus among some collectors is that this 2000 XX might sell at that price, but most think it'll more likely move at $8-9K to a collector. Ironically, it might have brought more if it had been left completely original (no dealer tweaking), kinda like a "barn find" (heh, heh, a climate-controlled storage find). If it's only destined to be a rider, its estimated worth is closer to $6-7K. The first year FI model (low mileage '99) is more desirable and somewhat more rare. Low mileage '96-97 XX (carbs) piques collector interest as well, but those are really rare. OEM originality, low mileage, and provenance are what really matter.

Edited by ironmike
  • Upvote 1

1994 Honda CBR900RR - $10,000 (Arvada)

image 1 of 8
1994 Honda CBR900RR 1

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

1994 Honda CBR900RR

condition: excellent
engine displacement (CC): 900
fuel: gas
odometer: 26500
paint color: black
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: sport bike

1994 Honda CBR900RR

26500 Miles and in excellent condition. Fluids have all been done and new battery. Everything works as it should and bike runs great. Has a full Micron exhaust and the stock exhaust is included in the sale.

Clean title

$10,000 OBO
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

CA has the most bikes by a long shot at almost 1 million, but only ranks #37 in bikes per 10k people.  Odd that states with shittier weather have more.

...not how I took it.

"Cheap Insurance compiled a ranking of the states with the most motorcycle owners using data from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Motorcycle registration figures were from Jan. 1, 2023, and were normalized per 10,000 residents using estimated state populations from the Census Bureau as of July.

From Alaska to Florida, the United States is home to nearly 8.8 million registered motorcycles. California leads the nation in total ownership, while Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas round out the top five states. While the Lone Star State ranks high for having the most owners, it falls to  50th on this list with only 129 motorcycles per 10,000 residents, ahead of only Washington D.C., with 68 motorcycles per 10,000 residents"

I feel WI would move up the list if that other stuff was added in.

• Useful/Thanks! 1