CBR1100XX.org Forum

Which color XX gets more speeding tickets???

xxtraspec99

The thread about painting the XX from black to black reminded me of a vital question I have been wondering ever since the Ride Magazine 2000 survey which showed that VFR400s get the most tickets while Kawasaki Concours and BMWs get the least (at least in England).

So, this is interesting as it could go both ways. Black is stealthy and should get less, but several former XX riders in Northern California have sold their black XX's just because they got so many speeding tickets.

Red -- you would think would really get nabbed as red cars get the most speeding tickets according to AAA.

Silver cars get the least according to AAA so does this translate to silver XX's?

What about those titanium bikes?

The main reason I am asking this is just because I intend to paint my black XX some safer color. But, ohmeegosh, I don't want tickets.

Why a safer color? Yes, I'm a worry freak. The drivers around here are all bonkers. But not as bad as L.A. where its rumored cars will open doors on when lane splitting just to take a shot at your insurance money.

Being seen is 90% of the battle, riding skills or no...

Okay, anyone with info on what color gets the tickets or info which may lead to such a determination, please respond.

I'm thinking of all chartreuse like the ped walking signs!!! Whadaya think?

I've always had a thing for the 01 XX's--that red is miles deep. Hope to own one someday soon.

I was riding back from the TX hill country last year, and was mentally flipping off the multitude of morons clogging the left lane of I35. Suddenly, a stupid winch in a station wagon unexplainedly got back in the right lane, so I nailed it & shot the gap. I was cresting a hill, and WHAM! State Patrol shooting just on the other side. I glanced down to see the speedo coast down past 105 mph (I know my speedo is optimistic). I made eye contact with the officer, and slowed down, expecting the full sight & sound treatment. Never happened.

I was wearing my black textile pants & long jacket, had a full tank bra, c/f mufflers, and my black textile saddle bags, so very little metal was exposed. I was out in the open when he shot me, so I don't think I was protected by any nearby cages. Maybe he just figured by the time he turned around & got on the road, I'd be long gone. Dunno.

I am leary of bright reds & yellows for the reason you mention. Cops and primates seem to be drawn to them. I've got just under a year before my tickets are all off.

Personal experience....I've never gotten ANY speeding tickets with my bright red Alero (unsafe pass ticket and a tinted window ticket, but those are different stories).

Also in my 4 days riding my black '03 XX, I"ve had no tickets *knock on wood* I hope to keep my record going. :cycle:

I've got a 'friend' who has a black xx and the mother fucker NEVER EVER gets tickets...

I don't know how many times a summer he gets pulled over, but I'd guess at LEAST 6....

Warning every time... :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

While riding with 2 black busa's and my Ti XX, I was pulled over and ticketed (which I beat) because (I believe) I was wearing bright RED leathers and helmet. The other riders were in all black leathers and helmets.

My.02

Red. Six tickets in the last two and a half years :sad: . Let go twice. If it weren't for radar detectors I would probably either have lost my lisense or had to get rid of the bike by now.

Luckily some of those were out state and never showed up on my record. I've been told they should have, but they didn't.

Strange, but I haven't even been pulled over in anything with four wheels in almost five years. Wonder why that is?

Strange, but I haven't even been pulled over in anything with four wheels in almost five years. Wonder why that is?

Shouldn't have said anything............ :roll:

I would go with the "obvious" color :lol: :wink: and say red. I have a red Mustang and have never been pulled over. I have an 88 fricking CRX (fucking champ of a car!) and have been pulled over twice :???:

I honestly dont know what the answer would be. If we are talking, what color should have Deserved a ticket, than I know that I am guilty on many counts :roll: Obviously I am not admitting to breaking any laws :wink: , but certain speeds I have obtained could be construed as "possibly" not legal...lol

Your bike should get a ticket for looking TOO good Dave! My bike is very jealous!!!

Steve

2004452437242539554828.jpg

2 tickets last year on my 02 silver XX, out of 4 stops.

Looking into a radar detector and HUD.

Which color gets pulled over the most? The ones that get caught! :poke:

Actually, I got a ticket in VT last year...71 in a 50. Two lane road in the middle of nowhere. Nothing but farm country and crop circles. Rosco P. Coltrane says don't worry, the points won't go to NY. :roll:

:grin:

2 tickets last year on my 02 silver XX

Yeah, but you live in WI, so that's doing pretty good. Those fuckers would ticket their mother for six over. Did I mention that my out of state tickets were all in WI?

Radar detector will help, but the state boys in WI use LIDAR almost exlusively. Don't ask me how I know......... :roll:

Hmmmmnn... [Most vital info]

How do you'll talk yourself out of a ticket when you get pulled over???

To: XNIKX, who wrote: "I've got a 'friend' who has a black xx and the mother fucker NEVER EVER gets tickets... I don't know how many times a summer he gets pulled over, but I'd guess at LEAST 6...."

Hey, find out what the friend says to the cop??? We need to know this stuff.

Yeah, but you live in WI, so that's doing pretty good. Those fuckers would ticket their mother for six over. Did I mention that my out of state tickets were all in WI?

Agreed. The first one was a Dane County sherrif, sitting under a tree targeting people as they come over a hill, with Lidar. Nailed me for 72 in a 55, wrote it for 69. Truth is, I wasn't even trying to speed through that area, wanted to keep it under 65 but I had just come up the hill, and hit the flat spot at the top, and of course the XX jumps 10 mph before I can back it down. However, with Lidar you're pretty much hosed.

The 2nd one was a Dane County sherrif, again, this time with radar, got me as I accellerated off of a turn. Fucker said he had me at 80 in a 55, told me he could impound my bike, etc... That's a deal where a radar detector would have saved my ass. Fortunately he wrote it for 74. Both were 4 point tickets.

So, until the points fall off, Rich must be GOOD. June, and one in November.

Agreed about the staties. I keep it within 10 on the interstate because of this, and know the places where they frequent off of the interstate. However, they like cheeseheads better than FIBs, so we've got a better chance of talking our way out of it.

Pulled over two times, no tickets. :grin: Had a trooper pull up along side on the freeway and shake his and and drive off. Doing 90-100 mph when I spotted him closing from behind. :shock: Coasted to speed limit while he was still 300 yards back. 2 years on a Silver XX, I have a radar detector but I know it's coming..

Couldnt tell ya bud sorry,

Ive been pulled on my Black XX once in the year ive owned it and was let go even though I had a revoked drivers liscence and no insurance suspended plates and he saw me on one wheel LOL !!! My buddy that was there still cant beleive he let me go. Just said you shouldnt be riding on a revoked liscence and said it weas up to me whether or not to continue riding, he also said he wouldnt be waiting to pull me over if I left. Good cop, Thank you GOD :lol:

I'm yellow... (AFAIK, supposedly most visible color for safety)

Had it for 2 years, pulled over for the first time (on the XX) a few weeks ago, on a side road, doing 47 in a 30. motorcycle cop on a kawasaki, hidden behind some parallel parked cars. I actually tried to dodge, but even though it was obvious, he just lectured me and didn't write me up for running... (phew!)

Though I've heard rumours in the past month or so the police have really cracked down on speeding in California. They used to let EVERYONE get away with 20 over in SoCal... I'd hardly ever see people on the side of the road. but in the past month I've seen people pulled over every day, and I see twice as much police presence on the road... (Can any other Cali residents confirm?)

Anyway, considering I don't have a radar detector, I'd say the ratio is pretty good for yellow, so you may consider that color...

speeding.jpg

(Can any other Cali residents confirm?)

I will testify. I have to go to school before June 1. My first ticket in the last 13 years. Two other riders here where I work also have tickets.

I am pissed at myself, I knew that with the budget shortfalls they would be making up for the revenue shortfalls with tickets and I talked about it many times but I still am supplementing their budgets.

I have seen much more patrol and speed trap activity in the last month than I can remember.

Tweety, what shade of yellow is your XX? What did it set you back if you don't mind saying?

Yes, there's lots of tickets given in California and, can you believe, that's with the Gov-i-nator who made the Fat Boy Harley's biggest seller. Sheesh, you would-da thunk different???

In jolly old Eng., the cry is to restrict bikes 'cause of 660 rider deaths in 2002 (last year with complete stats). It seems that a large percentage of those 660 were single vehicle accidents. Read this as meaning that the rider was probably going into corners too hot and... Trying to use track manuevers on country roads... Well, stay away from that trap anyway.

Okay, so for the rest, how are all you chaps getting out of tickets? What are you all saying to the cop when he stops you? With an XX, I can't imagine what you'll say except, "sorry, I didn't know this baby would do 175 mph." And try to keep a straight face.