CBR1100XX.org Forum

New Scorpion pipes fitted

Hurricane

Just put these on the other day. I'm lov'in the sound! Deep, thunderous, basso rumble at idle... and rip on top, yet not raspy like D&D's... louder than a Yosh. Nice ear pleasing tune. Bought 'em at www.pipecity.com Megan :babe:, over there, is really sharp... it's been a real good experience. Went with the polished stainless steel. With a lifetime warranty... I'm real pleased. I like the fact that they came with a sticker for me to put on the side of the pipe, if I choose. Don't really care for the manufactures name rivited to the side of the cans, even if stickers do make the bike faster. :) But, the pipes do have a nice engraved "Scorpion" on the pipe end caps. I like. Tell ya what, though, these pipes make the engine more responsive than stock pipes ever could.

:bike:

ScorpionPipes.jpg

They look sharp :wink:

I kinda like my Leo Vince name plate after I rivited it on. But also had the stickers as a option also. Buddy of mine did the same as you and left them plain. Kinda makes the bike look like it has stock exhaust if you didn't know any better :cool:

I love my leo's nice throaty sound. Best money I have spent on my bird so far.

How Much did you pay for the Scorpions, Including delivery.

I gave out $520.00 US Bills for 'em. Price includes delivery. I was unable to find those specific pipes anywhere else cheaper. Although, I didn't do an entirely exhaustive search, (pun intended) but, I did find them more expensive at allot of other places. I love the sound and feel good about the material and how their constructed. They rock. And I am pleased.

:smokin:

• 1 month later...

The sound rocks. They don't have a baffle, it's straight through. Most definitely deep. I think they're a tad deeper than Two Bro's without being raspy anywhere in the rpm range. And better looking. I have one sound bite I did with my digital camera from a cold start with a few blips through warm up and a steady idle when warm... but it was 70mb so I didn't post it. Besides, it' not in stereo so you wouldn't get the full effect. Definitely deeper when they sing together rather than through a single exhaust. I've no regrets... at all. :smokin:

Sorry...I really wanted them. It was either those, or order a set of Yoshi slipons from streetfightersusa.com for 379. Since I read this review of the scorpions, I went this way. Oddly enough, after the auction ended, I went to a local shop and stubbled across a used XX with Yosh Zyclone slip ons. I have to say it sounded pretty awesome.

Cant wait for warmer weather though!

Robb

:oops:

I passed up on an oportunity to get some stainless scorpians last year - at dealer cost [1/2 retail] Dealer ordered the wrong pipes and didn't want to pay to ship them back to England from New Zealand.

As no one had them I didn't know if there were any good. :roll:

Now I do

So aaaarrrrrggghghhhhh! :mad: