CBR1100XX.org Forum

20 Extra Horsepower!!

Bognor Paul

EVL, what extras? Your getting more than just slip-ons?

The Billet ends are extra, when orderd on the standard cans.... just plain cool as hell looking so I couldn't pass them up, and I asked if he can make them all Black.. from tip to tail, because I'm just not a big chrome guy anymore.

Damn, one other important question EVL,,,,, IF you get them on before OzarXX, just what makes you think you'll still have them on when you leave???? :icon_twisted::icon_evilgrin::icon_whistle::icon_whistle:

The Billet ends are extra, when orderd on the standard cans.... just plain cool as hell looking so I couldn't pass them up, and I asked if he can make them all Black.. from tip to tail, because I'm just not a big chrome guy anymore.

Damn, one other important question EVL,,,,, IF you get them on before OzarXX, just what makes you think you'll still have them on when you leave???? :icon_twisted::icon_evilgrin::icon_whistle::icon_whistle:

+1

I am so going now!!!!

+1

I am so going now!!!!

I'm bringing my.............. wife.

She'll be armed.

:icon_razz:

+1

I am so going now!!!!

I'm bringing my.............. wife.

She'll be armed.

:icon_razz:

Well I'll bring my wife,,,,,and a knife!!!!

linky

and tools

edited by red

Make sure the Dyno is done before and after! Same machine!!

Now THIS I gotta see!

I've got it set up,

Bike will be stock except for the removed PAIR unit,

will be paying an Hourly rate, bike won't leave the machine,

fast as I can change the parts,

I'll run'r back to back.

Then I'm going to put in my K&N and hook up my PC2, and play.

Trust me.... I'm excited and scared all at the same time. Those cans can't get here fast enough.... I think I'm going to get an ulser.

I'll post the results. :icon_biggrin:

Then you can all either laugh at me.... or drool. :icon_neutral::icon_funflip:

Nothing funny about horsepower, or the lack there of. Inovation gets me going I must admit, but this, well he is putting his best foot forward. I have a hard time with the concept, but I must admit it has got me to thinking how it could be possible. Of all that I have run into and seen, in the muffler, or lack there of, some of the claims in dragracing of increased hp with mufflers, still don't see anyone using them unless mandated.

Nothing funny about horsepower, or the lack there of. Inovation gets me going I must admit,

I have a hard time with the concept, but I must admit it has got me to thinking how it could be possible.

If you get a chance.... pick up the May issue of RIDER magazine, and tell me what you see on page 74.

I'ld post a picture if I had a scanner, but I don't.

Also, there's nothing mentioned in the article about the picture.....

It's a cut-away of the new exhaust on the new ZX-6R. Very interesting.

Looks like it's got a control lever on that thingy.... very interesting.

More HP out of a smaller motor.... very interesting.

Late.rrrrrrrrr

If you get a chance.... pick up the May issue of RIDER magazine, and tell me what you see on page 74.

Went to Hastings to look but no mag, But, page 73 of sport rider had a scorpion with an inlet like a 2 stroke. I have always wanted to apply that tech to four strokes as well as reed valves inlets.

Here you go S. Man, I found a scanner, cheap one but it worked.

But I also have another question for all......... What kind of aftermarket exhaust do you have, and how much HP did you gain ?

post-726-1175794104.jpg

:icon_popcorn:

Anyway,if you really get 20 hp with just end cans I`ll wash your bike. :icon_twisted:

Honestly,even with 4 in 1 pipe tuned for peak rpms I doubt 20 hp is achiveable.

Magaphone widens rpm range where pipe works.

EXUP,etc is there on production bikes for noise and polution reasons.With flap valve in exhaust you can choke flow to the point that it works like EGR system,brings down NOx and noise.

You don`t see any of that crap on real race bikes.

1% of my brain tells me ,who knows it might work,brilliant things are usually very simple,so simle ,but 99% says it is snake oil.

The megaphone at the end of an exhaust amplifies the exhaust pulse travelling back up the pipe but narrows the power band.

Yamaha EXUP valves do not choke the exhaust as such but do change the effective length of the pipe so that it resonates at a frequency suitable for lower rpm ranges while retaining power at the top end.

The valve in the illustration above is too far back to have this effectand probably acts to retain a higher gas pressure in the system as described like an EGR.

I think we are only beginning to see developments in this area and the future will show great gains in exhaust technology.

I look forward to seeing the results of the testing of the end cans and IMHO the real problem in Blackbird exhausts is in the header and collector area. It will be difficult to lift 20hp without changing this component.

JohnS

Anyway,if you really get 20 hp with just end cans I`ll wash your bike. :icon_twisted:

1% of my brain tells me ,who knows it might work,brilliant things are usually very simple,so

You washing my bike.... that's about a hollow offer.

and-

Yes, I'm hoping for the Brilliant things as well.

what is that rake on the back of the bike with the pix of the ex.

I have No idea...... that's just a pic Paul sent me.

I think we are only beginning to see developments in this area and the future will show great gains in exhaust technology.

I look forward to seeing the results of the testing of the end cans

I believe that whole heartedly. Hence, why I decided I would take a shot with the Urbane exhuast.

I believe up to this point, most everybody has been worried about everything that goes into the cylinder and how to get it there...

Like adding water to a swimming pool, but no matter how hard or fast you blast the water in, it doesn't mean much, unless you have gotten ALL of the old bad water out first.

So any improvements with the exhaust, that help to clean out the cylinder, could drastically affect the performance of the motor.

We'll find out....... Hopefully in less than 4 weeks.

Pual is making the Cans, and says they'll be done by the end of next week.

Then they have to get shipped all the way here... and since I can't afford 2 day delivery... we'll have to see how long that's going to take.

Then I have to mount them... might be easy... then again might take away.

Then I'll get it on the Dyno... which I have to wait until I get the exhaust in hand to actually schedule.

And to be quite honest... I'll be tickled pink, if I get 10 hp and looks cool a He** !

Hey Paul ??? got any for a ZX12? I could use another 20hp. My bike is slow enough.

all you got to do is weld a XX in that thing. or buy a xx put zx badges on the bird. LOL

Cool I just might try that one.. I was hoping for something a little cheaper.. those zx badges go for a mint...LOL

Patience !

We will found out soon.

Paul seems to be a Super nice guy, and is working hard on my order... as well as others. And of course I threw in a couple of special requests and made it harder for him... but he's Hot on it.

Also bear in mind they are just a fledgling company... so things are just a little slow compared to say Micron who is already worldwide and has been for years. Which is yet another reason why I'm liking Paul and he crew more and more.

So we all just have to be patient... and let the man work his magic.

Plus.... I have been e-mailling back and forth to Paul alot, and we are also talking of maybe setting up some kind of group buy if things all go as expected. :icon_biggrin:

I'll Let everybody here know as soon as the results are in.

. . . and we are also talking of maybe setting up some kind of group buy if things all go as expected. :icon_biggrin:

Group buy?!? :icon_hand: :icon_shifty: :icon_drool:

FUCKER! :icon_nono:

I already have a spendy CF can on my Micron 4-2-1. If'n this thing adds 10 to 20 HP on top of that, just how in HELL do you expect me to resist a GB on it?!? CRAP! I have no resistance to GBs anyway, and I can only imagine how much faster I'll be going through rear Pilot Powers with something like this. :icon_wall: :icon_wall:

Nice work, FUCKER!

Thank you, thank you very much... I'll take that as a compliment. :icon_biggrin:

Buy the way, did I mention that Paul told me I will be the first customer that he will be shipping a set to inside the US. Pretty cool eh.

Now don't you think it would also be pretty cool if our group was the first US based organization to get a group buy ?

...Now don't you think it would also be pretty cool if our group was the first US based organization to get a group buy ?

If those cans work as advertised you can put me at the top of the list for a Group Buy!! :icon_dance:

Anyone want a near-new set of Jardines??? :icon_evilgrin: