CBR1100XX.org Forum

20 Extra Horsepower!!

Bognor Paul

... and does anybody wanna guess what it's goning to cost to ship a set of pipes over here ?

The only number I have is for the Blackbird panniers from David Silver Spares in the UK;

106 GBP shipping to the west coast USA. The panniers would be in much bigger box(es),

so not sure if that's useful.

OK... purely speculation here, but it's all I got so...

106 GBP converts to $214 USD, so if I add that to the $1,172.96 I alraedy had I get, a speculated total of...

$1386.96

Divide that by 20 Hp, and I come up with.. $69.35 per/hp.

That's just a little over what I paid per HP... for those 137 ponies new, for $9,000.

Paul did e-mail me back, Thanks Paul.... I just haven't had a chance to reply to him yet.

I really need to think about this one...

And one thing that's bothering me.... Say Chris tests a set on his bike, what good does that do for me with a basically stocker ? Or for anybody else here with a basically stocker for that matter ?

Which also makes me wonder... just how much is 1 HP worth in $ (USD) ? How much is it worth to You ?

Like I said... I really need to think about this one.

I'll sleep on it.... Goodnight.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT GENTS - Especially EVLXX

Most guys over here change their stock cans for one or more of the following reasons

the originals look crap

they want a better sound

they want more horsepower

their can is knackered / bent

they want to be different

they want to pose the best brand name

When you are in a position to tick enough of those boxes, you buy an aftermarket. Dont shell out just to prove a point mate.

When you do decide on a new can the minefield doesn't stop. Then you have to look at why you want it, and then look at your budget.

The racing boys are for pure power, they don't give a jot what it looks like.

The 1098 boys want the looks (there's probably too much power for them anyway)

The streetfighters ... etc etc

$500 for rearsets, $2000 for wheels $?? for a rebore/ camshaft etc etc. You pay for it because you want/need to. (Then hide the invoice from the missus). When you consider cost per hp or cost per second on laps it can be scary. Biking is not about being financially practical or we would all be riding a Hyosung

What I'm getting at is, only when you are ready to buy a new can(s), then compare us to the others.

Then you pick the exhaust brand and model that is right for you.

Cheers

Paul

I went to my local drag strip again last night. It was a good time with maybe 45 min' between runs, and my last 2 were back to back. No record setting times or speeds, just my "avarage" for the bike being at stock height with the front end strapped down. My MPH was good on most of the runs ( 132-133 mph ). I'd love to see what 20 additional HP and even a 5 ft/lb gain of torque would yield.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT GENTS - Especially EVLXX

Most guys over here change their stock cans for one or more of the following reasons

the originals look crap

they want a better sound

they want more horsepower

their can is knackered / bent

they want to be different

they want to pose the best brand name

When you are in a position to tick enough of those boxes, you buy an aftermarket. Dont shell out just to prove a point mate.

When you do decide on a new can the minefield doesn't stop. Then you have to look at why you want it, and then look at your budget.

The racing boys are for pure power, they don't give a jot what it looks like.

The 1098 boys want the looks (there's probably too much power for them anyway)

The streetfighters ... etc etc

$500 for rearsets, $2000 for wheels $?? for a rebore/ camshaft etc etc. You pay for it because you want/need to. (Then hide the invoice from the missus). When you consider cost per hp or cost per second on laps it can be scary. Biking is not about being financially practical or we would all be riding a Hyosung

What I'm getting at is, only when you are ready to buy a new can(s), then compare us to the others.

Then you pick the exhaust brand and model that is right for you.

Cheers

Paul

I think the exhaust system is probably the least developed area in terms of motorcycle design, and thus, why I believe therin lies an area for alot of gains over a broad range of needs.

I'm ready to improve my Bike again. I have hit most all of the marks you stated above plus some more you didn't state.

I've been studying exhaust systems for a while now, and was contemplating on building my own unit, but since I don't have the neccessary equipment to produce such a product, it only makes sense for me to be interested in your product. And along those lines I still have a question...

How's the long term reliability ? You hinted towards there being an internal spring, and knowing that heat causes springs to lose tension over time, is that going to be a part that I'm going to have to replace periodically ?

But, I'm still interested.

So... you've got another e-mail.

So there is NO use in thinking about this can if the exhaust system has a EXUP is that correct?

2001 Yamaha FZ1

The components in my can come under even more heat than the average/standard can. This was part of the development (and my loss of hair) to get this right. it was mentioned by one of your learned chums earlier about ceramics. tried it and it wouldn't cope in ours. now use super alloys. One of our best test beds was the F1 sidecars. They propper screw the bits of em, which is why we knew if they couldnt bust em, neither wull anyone else. (No disrespect gentlemen, I'm sure, like me, you will try).

FZ1 man. The bike you have is a gem. The Exup valve however is a joke. fear not if you are replacing this with any aftermarket, about dropping it out.

To the gentleman into drag racing, I have to confess that my experience is rather limited in this fine art. Except that launch control is something the track guys are using, and the stability on slow down is the biggest danger. These we have sorted with the InTech. If you have access to a gas analyser (and better still a dyno also) these issues can be addressed. The extra power is for the bit in the middle. I have been asked to sort these befor but I don;t know much about 500hp turbocharged Busas, they scare me and my cat, so I declined.

ps Whilst full on, no spit out, BJ's are refreshin, can't be done by proxy I'm afraid.

SP2's shouln;t be a prob provided it is not a single cat then re-split.

Chris, if you could get me a pic and some dimentions. (The beer bet sounds good)

EVLXX will do you an email on return from the pub. ( It is 9.30pm here and I can't hang around for a beer from chris)

Cheers gentlemen (oops, and ladies)

Paul (UK)

Paul,

I got your last e-mail, but am having problems remote accessing a reply back to you, from my home computer.

I'll have to wait until I go into work tomorrow.

Till then... Thumbs up !

Eric,

Alrighty then...

Paul is hooking me up with a set.

I've been wanting a power boost for a long time, and he has garaunteed me an increase or my money back including shipping. (them's pretty stong words right there)

Sure I'ld love tons more power, but Turbo's, Big Bore kit, Superchargers, and Nos units are either way to expense for my budget or just to twichy. So I'm going to give his product a shot.

Sure they are kinda expensive, but if I pay more than a really good Ti-Force or equivelant and get that much more power, then in my mind it'll be a wash, but I'll have more power.

So, Paul is going to start work on mine this coming Monday.

With any luck I'll have them early enough to get some Dyno pulls in before OzarXX.

PS. Does anybody know what "FOOK" is ? He says at wide opun throttle they're loud as FOOK..... and will scare all the black cats outa my way.

:icon_twisted:

Oh and he also set me another picture I've been drooling over....(see below).... I can't wait.

post-726-1175393437.jpg

Do you make any for the cpi 125?

post-1373-1175488843.jpg ...wait..nevermind, the pipes will cost more than the bike..

Popcorn with sugar....mmmmm.. nice thread fellers,

do you have a side shot of that bird with the pipes mounted?

Damn, they look good! Can't wait to see them at OzarXX!

Hurry up and post a before and after dyno.

Dave

That's the plan ! :icon_biggrin:

Everything being dependant on when I get the cans.

I wonder how long it's going to take to ship them here from there. Any guesses ?

Stuarts Blackbird had a pair of Remus exhausts (poor soul), we run it on the dyno and it hit 137.9bhp (torque 75.8). We then put on a pair of Harris U range exhausts. no other mods whatsoever. We gave it one run to heat it up, then on the second run we hit 157.3 bhp (torque 86.5).

True, the Remus mufflers had baffles, but what a hike!

The bike was on 204, no power commander, and the sound was awasome when we'd done.

Take a look at the Blackbird Test in the news section on http://www.urbanept.com

:icon_whistle:

I got my Renegades from the UK in two days.

$$$$

:icon_doh:

I wonder how long Fed-X standard shipping is going to take ?

Stuarts Blackbird had a pair of Remus exhausts (poor soul), we run it on the dyno and it hit 137.9bhp (torque 75.8). We then put on a pair of Harris U range exhausts. no other mods whatsoever. We gave it one run to heat it up, then on the second run we hit 157.3 bhp (torque 86.5).

True, the Remus mufflers had baffles, but what a hike!

The bike was on 204, no power commander, and the sound was awasome when we'd done.

Take a look at the Blackbird Test in the news section on http://www.urbanept.com

:icon_whistle:

I know, I know........

We'll find out if it holds any water here within the next couple weeks. I hope. (I'm praying for less than 5 weeks to be exact.)

$$$$

Fed X two day was a around three hundred buxx for shipping from the UK. It was amazing to get the pipes so fast.

$$$$

Fed X two day was a around three hundred buxx for shipping from the UK. It was amazing to get the pipes so fast.

2 days... $300 bones.... WOW !

I wonder how long it's going to take him to make mine, with the extras I orderd....... hopefully not too long, otherwise they may not make it to Arkansas. He said I should have them, but I'm just wondering if I'll have enough time to get them Dyno'ed as well.

Maybe Standard Fed-X shipping isn't such a good idea in this case. :icon_neutral:

I got my fingures crossed. :icon_eh: Is it getting warm in here ... or is it just me ?

EVL, what extras? Your getting more than just slip-ons?

The Billet ends are extra, when orderd on the standard cans.... just plain cool as hell looking so I couldn't pass them up, and I asked if he can make them all Black.. from tip to tail, because I'm just not a big chrome guy anymore.