CBR1100XX.org Forum

20 Extra Horsepower!!

Bognor Paul

... I'm happy enough with the design and looks that irregardless of the HP numbers... they're not going back... I'm keeping them.....

Good for you, then you are in a win-win-situation since the new mufflers for sure will deliver more power than the heavy and restrictive stock buckets.

They sound DEEP... really DEEP.

Might also be the loudest system I've ever heard, but I don't know yet, because I haven't finished the installation yet. I should have that done by Saturday, and hopefully a test ride there after.

Tested :

They are NOT that Loud !

Amazingly I would only put them slightly Louder than my Yoshi cans I had. But I only road it around the block, so I can't comment on anything beyound that... at this time.

post some pics ya sand-baggin sombitch! :icon_biggrin:

I will ... I will.

I'll have the mounting brackets completely finish tonight... until then I'm not posting any pics.

Last nights quick blast was because I couldn't take it any longer.

I will ... I will.

I'll have the mounting brackets completely finish tonight... until then I'm not posting any pics.

Last nights quick blast was because I couldn't take it any longer.

What???!!! You have to fab your own mounting brackets??? What kind of after market

system is that???

Morning,

Finally got the mounting completed yesterday. For those of you that don't know me, I have my own opinions about how things should look on my bike, so I end up making alot of shit myself... like the mounting brackets for these cans.

After all that I finally took it out for a ride. Just a short run... less than 10 miles. So here's some quick observations from that.

1. Yes they're louder, but not by much. It's a very deep sound in comparision to the Yoshi's I had on there, and only some longer rides will tell wether or not the low resinance will vibrate the helmet more.

2. Looking at my AFR guage.. yes it's running a little Leaner. About 4 tenths of a ratio at full throttle. This tells me they're flowing alot better than my previous system and I'm going to have to make changes to my custom map that I was already running.

I think that means they are definately going to make more power.

If you've been around for a while, you'ld also know that I recorded that the stock set-up was really rich. So with that in mind... it's very probable that slapping a set of these on a stock bike could drastically improve things. We'll test that on Monday.

Below is some pictures.... Now you can see why I'm totally stoked. They look awesome, and fit the style I've been shooting for a long time.

ps. I know I know... I need to wash it, but if you knew what I had to drive throuth to get out of my neighborhood you'ld understand. Pain in the ass road construction.

Later,

post-726-1178373040.jpg

post-726-1178373057.jpg

post-726-1178373066.jpg

Morning,

Finally got the mounting completed yesterday. For those of you that don't know me, I have my own opinions about how things should look on my bike, so I end up making alot of shit myself... like the mounting brackets for these cans.

After all that I finally took it out for a ride. Just a short run... less than 10 miles. So here's some quick observations from that.

1. Yes they're louder, but not by much. It's a very deep sound in comparision to the Yoshi's I had on there, and only some longer rides will tell wether or not the low resinance will vibrate the helmet more.

2. Looking at my AFR guage.. yes it's running a little Leaner. About 4 tenths of a ratio at full throttle. This tells me they're flowing alot better than my previous system and I'm going to have to make changes to my custom map that I was already running.

I think that means they are definately going to make more power.

If you've been around for a while, you'ld also know that I recorded that the stock set-up was really rich. So with that in mind... it's very probable that slapping a set of these on a stock bike could drastically improve things. We'll test that on Monday.

Below is some pictures.... Now you can see why I'm totally stoked. They look awesome, and fit the style I've been shooting for a long time.

ps. I know I know... I need to wash it, but if you knew what I had to drive throuth to get out of my neighborhood you'ld understand. Pain in the ass road construction.

Later,

WOW they look cool but big and long. Your seat looks interesting whos is it?

I love the look.

I don't like the long head pipe. If that is nessasary for it to work, I can't use them due to clearances. If you talk to them ask for me, or maybe they will post up. I would rather not have it at all.

Your seat looks interesting whos is it?

I made that too.

I love the look.

I don't like the long head pipe.

The head pipe is my design, just because I wanted them to be closer to a High mount design. Basically all he sells is the Cans themselves, just like any other slip-on units that are out there.

That looks excellent!

Very symmetrical and clean looking(minus the dirt)

I, too, am very fond of that seat. And those rear signals.

You're quite the innovator.

Looking forward to hearing the results of the dyno tests

I, too, am very fond of . . . those rear signals.

I was thinking exactly the same thing -- about the nicest rear signal set up I've seen on a bird.

And looking at your license plate set up, Eric, did you do the mod of putting a bit of clear plastic in as a lens in the bottom of the tail light to light the plate?

Can't wait to see the results of the dyno runs.

I love the look.

The head pipe is my design, just because I wanted them to be closer to a High mount design.

Well, it does that well, and I think on the bike, Eric, it looks better than high mounts. At least I think it does. Not sure if they are too far back. Will see what I think in person. I love the tail lights though. I remember hearing somebody talk about them and thought they were in the cutouts on the side. I went out and tried to figure how it was done. Gave up. Looking forward to the lesson.

Can't wait to go,

I love the look.

The head pipe is my design, just because I wanted them to be closer to a High mount design.

Well, it does that well, and I think on the bike, Eric, it looks better than high mounts. At least I think it does. Not sure if they are too far back. Will see what I think in person. I love the tail lights though. I remember hearing somebody talk about them and thought they were in the cutouts on the side. I went out and tried to figure how it was done. Gave up. Looking forward to the lesson.

Can't wait to go,

The pipes look sweeeeeet, the tail lights also. they look like the front blinkers nicely intergrated into the cowl!

Eric mines a 99 you know the fastest colored one!!! check my album out to see it.

hyper pro springs,mototeck undertail,vfr bars,speedo healer,michelin power's,volt meter,daves pegs,d&d's,k&n filter,power commander,solo seat cowl,puig double bubble windscreen.

I love the look.

+1 I think it makes the cans look small, not really a std pipe or a highmount :icon_surprised: although I guess that was your intent :icon_think: Is the flat black the std finish or do they come in other finishes ? I do think they look awsome though, will be interested to see the dyno readouts :icon_evilgrin:

Thanks all.

Kinda tiered it's bin al ong day, so I'll be straight to some of the points.

The Cnas are Ceramic coated.. that was one of the extra's I asked for, Paul was already working on it when I orderd mine, that's why there was some of the extra wiat, and he is making it a standard option.

I ordered the Cans 16" long. To fit exactly how I wanted them. Flowing with the body lines of the bike, as well as sloping up, they also taper in slightly with the tail.

The Seat much more supportive and comfortable for the long rides, but my friend did a half ass job on the stiching. I carved the seat to precisly fit me and my wife.

Tail light / Clear lense mod for the plate was a snap. A little clear plastic and some silicone does wonders.

Turn signals were fairly easy, yes they're the stock fronts upsidedown, and I have a template somewhere to aid those that want to try it. Plus there are others here how have alrady done it, like Hobi, that could also give input.

and then there's Tim. Maybe this year we can actually find the time to talk. looking forward to it.

Goodnight all.

You've done a bitchin job on the bike. I would love to see that template posted if you can. If not could you fax to me or PM me with a way to get it from you? ie snailmail? That is BY FAR the best tail section I have seen since I am not a huge fan of the rear tail mods.

Tyler

Went for a couple short rides today, the first few were hard pull testing runs in order to get my radical map to work with the new Cans.

It's interesting to note... I had to add a bunch of fuel.

Then later I took the wife out, so she could hear and feel the power. Basically I wanted her to tell me if it felt more powerful.

Her words were.... "Holy shit... did the tire come off the ground a couple of times? "

Me "Yes."

Her "I thought so, It's never done that before, I really had to hang on, it pulls much harder, I could feel it just crossing that first intersection, and it pulls alot better on the bottom end."

Me "Good."

I can't wait to see the Dyno results tomorrow. :icon_biggrin:

Well the Results are in.

But before you jump down to the picture...

I learned something today... putting a K&N filter on is good for almost a 1 HP drop. Yes you heard that right, I lost 0.6 of a HP just adding the K&N.

Now look at the photo and get the rest of the story.

post-726-1178575125.jpg

It looks like the primary changes were to the hp and torque curves rather than any large overall increase in numbers.