CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chain Oilers

OZDave

Hey dale, I live in salt lake. What was the indurance race you were in? was it at the WERA races at miller motor park? I was out to the races earier in day. I wish I knew you were going to be there if that is where you were.

I finally installed my Pro-Oiler last weekend. My kit came with the older style nozzles and the magnet/reed switch for the distance sensor. It was a little tedious to install, but it works great so far.

Now I need to get the tables and flow rated sorted out. I'm running table 4 on setting 3 right now and it seems a little "rich".

I've played around with my settings for quite a while... I finally settled on S3 Table 10. The chain has stayed oiled, clean and minimal splatter on the rear wheel. Give it a shot... You can always 'richen' it.

I'm in. Can't keep my chains alive.

Just checked the GB list and nothing.

Is this happening soon?

Not immediately, no. I am Rallymaster for yet another Nevada-based monster Endurance event to be held July 7-9, so I am pretty much totally focused on that until then, truth be told. I should come up for air the following week, I hope.

Hey dale, I live in salt lake. What was the indurance race you were in?

The Utah 1088 that was held the weekend of June 24-25, start/finish at the Hampton Inn & Suites near the SLC Airport, just off I-80.

I came in last place for points. But first place for mileage. :icon_twisted:

2006 Results under the "Past Events" menu tab: Utah 1088 website

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply Toynut :icon_biggrin: I was starting to think I had missed something, or I had pissed someone off or something :icon_think: . Nahhh! Couldn't be that.

I was starting to get abandonment issues. :icon_shifty:

Pro-Oiler Count = 3 including me.

I'm still hoping that this GB goes through as well.

Well, I guess we can safely add Allen into the count. :icon_clap:

That makes it 5 kits so far!

Keep 'em coming!

(I know everyone is leaving for NEXXT this week, we will keep it fresh for WC)! :icon_lol:

If the GB still is looking for people, I think I definitely want one (I've gotten good at using a can and rag, but on longer trips, the pro oiler would pay for itself in no time).

Be sure to PM/e-mail me with details when you're ready to place the order. :icon_cool:

My pro oiler died on me on the way back from Towanda. Not sure what happened, possibly blew a fuse in the downpour Doug & I encountered. It has an emergency mode on it thank goodness, just pulsing per unit of time. A little unnerving, as far away from home as we were, plus a brand new chain and sprockets. I will diagnose this problem soon.

Otherwise, I am VERY happy with it.