CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chain Oilers

OZDave

OK I am ready now

Hit me with the cost ?

$185 total, includes shipping from Europe. This price is for USA and Aussie sales.

Normal retail is around $230, so we're getting a pretty killer deal.

Especially for what you get... believe me.

Would it be possible to buy them in England when I am there next month and bring them back with me to save even more on customs and shipping ?

Would it be possible to buy them in England when I am there next month and bring them back with me to save even more on customs and shipping ?

No... in fact, the opposite would occur: these will be more expensive, because you're going to also have to pay VAT if you buy them in England, or anywhere in Europe.

Reason: the Pro-Oilers are made by a British ex-pat (Pablo Crofts) who now lives in Antwerp, Belgium.

Now, for us here in the USA, we have the "exempt of duty" HTSUS 8413.19.0000 (a customs "binding ruling" which classes the Pro-Oiler as a pump!) So we will not have to pay any customs fee. That $185 gets it all the way to our doorstep.

For my Aussie brethren, however... the $185 gets it delivered halfway around the world to Austrailia, but they still have their local regulations to deal with... sorry, mates! :icon_sad:

Seriously good buy,

Would there be a problem getting them for 2 different type bikes. If I read their site correctly, the unit seems to be fairly universal.

Shipping to Canada included in that as well? (if the parts are marked "Motorcycle parts" there's no import tax, just the sales tax.

BTW, Pablo was very helpful last year when I had some questions, he seems like a good guy.

Sweeeeeet! So when does it start? Where do we order? How do we pay? Oh damn I am so excited.... :icon_biggrin:

Now I gotta find a way to get the $185 :icon_confused: AND justify it to the wife. :icon_confused: I need a new chain and sprockets anyway.... :icon_confused:

Hmmmm this isn't looking so good.

I've had one of these for several months. I guess I better get it out and install it. I got the Pro-Oiler, a Hawke Oiler and a set of horns in a package. I've been debating which oiler to use. I think the Pro-Oiler is the ticket.

For my Aussie brethren, however... the $185 gets it delivered halfway around the world to Austrailia, but they still have their local regulations to deal with... sorry, mates! :icon_sad:

No problems. We'll deal with it. Thanks again for all the effort.

Seriously good buy,

Would there be a problem getting them for 2 different type bikes. If I read their site correctly, the unit seems to be fairly universal.

Correct; the one kit is a universal fit, so if you have a couple of chain-drive bikes you want to get a Pro-Oiler for, no problemo; order away.

Shipping to Canada included in that as well?

Correct.

BTW, Pablo was very helpful last year when I had some questions, he seems like a good guy.

Yeah, he is an exceptionally helpful dude. If you run into any snags installing/calibrating, the guy is right there for you. He'll even call you up on the phone from Belgium and talk you through it... serious customer service, there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry gents, this GB isn't going to light off for another 7-10 days. Got a lot of work between now and then that is going to prevent me from launching the Pro-Oiler gig until then....

Thanks for the update and all the work on the group buys....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, this GB is still on... I spoke to Pablo just last week about it.

I told him I was up to my ass in alligators, and he said no sweat, just get to it when I can. I had hopes to light it off this Group Buy this past weekend, but prep work for the Utah 1088 rally has interfered.

Ain't gonna happen this week, no way, no how.

It will be all I can to to reassemble Night Train before I depart for the Start Line in Salt Lake City this Wednesday evening. Between now and then I have to mount new tires, find a goddamn proper master link for the new chain (fucking chain I got came with a 'C'-clip link!), change the oil, and a gazillion other things..... :icon_wall:

Yes, it is... I spoke to Pablo just last week about it.

I told him I was up to my ass in alligators, and he said no sweat, just get to it when I can. I had hopes to light it off this Group Buy this past weekend, but prep work for the Utah 1088 rally has interfered.

Ain't gonna happen this week, no way, no how.

It will be all I can to to reassemble Night Train before I depart for the Start Line in Salt Lake City this Wednesday evening. Between now and then I have to mount new tires, find a goddamn proper master link for the new chain (fucking chain I got came with a 'C'-clip link!), change the oil, and a gazillion other things..... :icon_wall:

Maybe we should issue a group hug??

It's cool, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it

Yeah, I'm bumming it's taking me so long to get to it, and it's largely my fault for sorta overscheduling myself with shit to do this far into the LD Rally season. Once the rally season gets rolling, I pretty much just reel from one event to another. :icon_sad:

And I am PISSED OFF I waited this long to replace the chain on the XX, only to discover the replacement didn't come with a staked master-link. I am LOTHE to use the 'C'-clip master link on the bike, but I will if it comes done to it and it's either use the 'C'-clip, or miss the event..... :icon_evil:

I finally installed my Pro-Oiler last weekend. My kit came with the older style nozzles and the magnet/reed switch for the distance sensor. It was a little tedious to install, but it works great so far.

Now I need to get the tables and flow rated sorted out. I'm running table 4 on setting 3 right now and it seems a little "rich".