CBR1100XX.org Forum

Group buy on HID

StPeteXX

Hey AZITPRO, I got the 6000's. Wouldn't change a thing. They are far from blue, pure pure white with a slight blueish hue but they look more white than anything else. I swear I can see 2 miles with the high beam now. What's cool is how it's bright when you turn it on, then it just gets brighter and brighter for like 15 seconds. Worth every penny and then some.

I found that I had to adjust the light aim UP a little bit. Seems like the low beam patch of light was closer to the bike after the HID install. I'd say maybe 1/2 turn of the knob and I am back to where I like it. Easy to tell on these bikes too with the real clean horizontal cutoff of the beam, jst ride and look at the trees on the side of the road, you want a slight downward angle at cruise, which results in a straight-out horizontal beam when accelerating. My $0.02.

Who has half a kit (5000K) that they want to split? I'm in california.

Oh, where can you get replacement HID bulb? Are they expensive?

Thanks.

-mike-

A little late to the party cause if your in LA I would have split with ya. :wink:

Show up at one of the rides sometime. :D

Got my set yesterday. What a difference!

How did your installation go? Did the bulbs fit perfectly or did you have to work something out like some others had to?

I got both sets and hoping to install this Saturday with some help from Speed99 :D

Rich

Last nite, I pulled up the 7-11 store, and there was a CHP having a coffee, see my HID light, and wanted to order a set for his bike, but he needs an approval from his superior. He agreed to let me take a picture of it once it is installed. I will post it up hopefully by this weekend.

Got my set yesterday. What a difference!

How did your installation go? Did the bulbs fit perfectly or did you have to work something out like some others had to?

I got both sets and hoping to install this Saturday with some help from Speed99 :D

Rich

I had to come up with something for a spacer. When you remove the stock bulb you will see it sets into a piece of plastic? that has the electrical connections the wiring harness plugs into. This adds about 1/4 inch to the depth of the base of the bulb. I tried to mount the new bulbs without adding a spacer and it didn't work. Bulb was loose enough to flop around with the little spring locked in place. Anyway, I had some heavy duty rubber fuel line (get it at NAPA?) that I cut to the thickness of the plastic spacer on the stock bulb and then sliced it so I could wrap it around the base of the bulb. This seems to work just fine. I mounted the ballast to the inside of the fairing to the flattest part I could find which happened to be just above the tab the air intakes for the oil cooler are mounted to. I used some heavy duty velcro instead of the 2 sided tape that came with the kit. Got that at Home Depot. Its 2" wide and comes in different lenghts. I've used it to mount my radar detector and GPS to my tank bag. Works great. I used the little ties they sent to mount the exciters to the metal bar that passes in back of the instrument cluster. The only bodywork I removed was the windshield and the two inside panels just below the instrument cluster. It took me a couple of hours but that was because I just had a fuckin' tooth pulled and my mind was a little more dazed and confused than usuall. If you have any ?'s feel free to give me a call. I'm sending you a PM.

I ordered another set on Tuesday and got confirmation of FedEx on Wednesday to be delivered on Friday !!

Great Price great service great product easy installation.

I will probably get another set next week also with the extention till the 14th now.

Gotta get my nephew to put them on his RC51

I have installed mine yet.

I will probably get mine in on Saturday. A good friend of mine is a great Bike mechanic and I ordered a set for him that sjhould be here tomorrow and in exchange for getting him his set , he gets to install mine at the shop Saturday morning.

... advise how to tell which generation (2nd or 5th) a particular kit HID kit is..?

John01XX and I are trying to make that determination, but the 5000 kit in question seems to lack that info... the HID controller is marked 10R-021778. Anyone with a 5000 kit have any info, or a similarly marked controller and accompanying documentation..?