CBR1100XX.org Forum

Goldman Sachs: More Americans taking GLP-1 & related peptides will grow the US economy

The large array of health benefits will reduce time off, medical expense, and improve productivity.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-economy-faster-growth-ozempic-glp-1-weight-loss-drugs-2024-2?

"Combining current losses in hours worked and labor force participation from sickness and disability, early deaths, and informal caregiving, we estimate that GDP would potentially be over 10% higher if poor health outcomes did not limit labor supply in the US," Jan Hatzius, the chief economist at Goldman Sachs, said.

So a drug that has shown great promise in improving a wide range ofpatient health outcomes could ultimately have a sizable impact on the broader economy.

"The main reason we see meaningful upside from healthcare innovation is that poor health imposes significant economic costs. There are several channels through which poor health weighs on economic activity that could diminish if health outcomes improve," Hatzius said.

Well, some just refuse to look in the mirror. There is always something else or someone else responsible for their less than perfect health.

And, let's not forget, Big Beef, Big Cow forces you to eat huge amounts of their products at gun point. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

Maybe people should focus more on eating healthy food and exercising than relying on a drug.

Maybe some healthy people need meds for their mental state. 

1 hour ago, DaveK said:

He is way over the stage meds would work. 

It does not mean situation is hopeless.

Musk is working on artificial brain.

7 hours ago, DaveK said:

You can fix that without a pill, as well.

2017-triumph-STRS_silver2.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jon haney said:

You can fix that without a pill, as well.

2017-triumph-STRS_silver2.jpg

No question about it. I rode bike to work this morning, usual asshatery, like tripling speed limits, etc. 

It felt great.😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkxx said:

+1 for the motorcycle, -1 for it not being a Blackbird.  😀

You weren't supposed to notice.  It was only picture I had of an actual person on a bike that wasn't me on my Drag Bird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomek said:

No question about it. I rode bike to work this morning, usual asshatery, like tripling speed limits, etc. 

It felt great.😁

I rode my Grom today.  No tripling, or even doubling of speed limits (no school zones on my route).  However, I very briefly did 10 over in a 60 zone when I caught a draft behind a pickup truck that was merging in. Thing rails in the corners though.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, XXitanium said:

Who is getting rich off of this?

Which part?  The increased productivity?  The lower health costs?  The sale of the GLP-1 meds?  The media hype about it all?  

So when I first researched this, after having it prescribed and learning the price, I said, "Holy fuck, buy LLY stock!!!!  Meanwhile I was figuring out how to bypass the pharma industry and find alternate sources.  I did that, and now I'm pretty experienced and knowledgeable about it.  But.  I forgot to buy the stock, and it's tripled.  I think it's too late.

Novo Nordisk and one other company that I always forget are also making some of these peptides, but not as effective as Lilly.  And now Lilly has retatrutide coming.  I guess it would be amusing to own the stock of a company that I'm beating, and which quoted one of my Reddit posts in an ITC complaint against my sources for their peptide.  LOL