CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tire Shop

rockmeupto125

Nice setup!  I recently abandoned attempts at having an adult living room, and went to rock stage instead.  I can pretend to be an adult later.

Yeah, those look like a chore.  I've found the No-Mar XtraHand helps, and their YellowThing is useful also but not for what you need.  Yes, there are home-made solutions, but I haven't found one that doesn't pop out or work as well.

Pretty sure there are China knockoffs on Amazon and/or Ebay if you don't want to pay the brand name premium.  But the YellowThing is on sale now for $25.  You'll probably want two of the XtraHands, and at $40 each, that's a poke in the eye.  Some say the knockoff breaks easily, though.

7 hours ago, rockmeupto125 said:

These Yamaha wheels SUCK.  The difference between the valley and the bead land is 13mm.   Jackass engineers.

I've told you that on many occasions. 

When tire people at the track see me coming with R1 rear rim in one hand, and Dunlop slick in other hand they start to cry. Worst possible combination ever. The tire is incredibly stiff.   And they have nice machine. Fun starts immediately. First -" this fucking guy again", and then very colorful combination of very nice vocabulary related to removing old tire and installing new one.

Tire change goes for 20 bucks. They told me they would pay me 20 bucks if I never show up with that fucking rim again. 😂

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, rockmeupto125 said:

My tire machine is tango umbrella. Getting it back online or acquiring a new one is non-negotiable come spring. These Bridgestones on these rims are an absolute bear.  Can't even imagine putting Michelins on them.

Wait till you ever want to install Dunlop slick. 

You haven't seen anything yet. Trust me.

1 hour ago, tomek said:

I've told you that on many occasions.

Well, I didn't mean it like I discovered something new, I was ranting. You're the first person I would pick here that would already know that. 😁

BUT.........I had forgotten. Didn't take me long to remember!

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2024 at 3:09 PM, tomek said:

When people at the track see me coming they start to cry. Worst possible combination ever.  First -" this fucking guy again", and then very colorful combination of very nice vocabulary.

They told me they would pay me 20 bucks if I never show up again. 😂

It was too easy, I had to.

I've been having the debate on DIY vs. shop with a machine if I decide to replace the factory tires on the R5.  They're only 52 years old, but I know that I 'should' replace them despite them being another rare piece of originality on it.  It would be easier on the soul if the OE model tires were still available.

3 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I've been having the debate on DIY vs. shop with a machine if I decide to replace the factory tires on the R5.  They're only 52 years old, but I know that I 'should' replace them despite them being another rare piece of originality on it.  It would be easier on the soul if the OE model tires were still available.

A little Armor All and they will be fine.  

On 2/25/2024 at 12:27 AM, superhawk996 said:

if I decide to replace the factory tires on the R5

What's the stuff that restores rubber?

• Haha 1

Gorgeous.

I used to keep my 954 in the dining room. Not enough XX floor space.

Bill, I don't know what you call it in frozen tundrastan, but it's the room we keep and prepare food in, as well as store and manage cleaning for utensils and eating surfaces . We call it the kitchen. The dishwasher is in the dining room, and that has seen it's share of off-label use as well.

• Useful/Thanks! 1