CBR1100XX.org Forum

Swapping a Hellcat into an F150

SwampNut

44 minutes ago, Zero Knievel said:

Local cop wrestled an alligator in front of my house in Florida.  We didn’t have camera phones back then, so no video to prove it it happened.  I wonder how long departments retain incident reports.

You know that happens on pretty much every day that ends in a "Y" there right?

7 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

Would be nice to prove it happened when people try to say you’re bullshitting them.

Me telling Arizonans that there was a gator and an attack goose at the car title office, which was a dirt lot by a canal:  "There is no fucking way, you are making that up!"

Me telling Floridians that there was a gator and an attack goose at the car title office, which was a dirt lot by a canal:  "Yeah...annnnd....."

On 11/6/2023 at 6:07 PM, blackhawkxx said:

Oh yeah, that's what I would want.

No, you want the Megazilla, 615HP and 640 TQ, and 500Ft.Lbs. from 2500 RPM.  It has a lower profile intake so it's easier to swap into a car, and with the redesigned pistons it uses it should be boost ready out of the crate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

No, you want the Megazilla, 615HP and 640 TQ, and 500Ft.Lbs. from 2500 RPM.  It has a lower profile intake so it's easier to swap into a car, and with the redesigned pistons it uses it should be boost ready out of the crate.

If that was a little more than you wanted:

https://theinfamousproject.com/shop/ford-7-3-godzilla-v8-motor-swap-package/

Or just buy an old rental, or wrecked 15-passenger van.  Not sure what year they started using the Godzilla V-8.

2 minutes ago, XXitanium said:

...do tell?

Me?

I've been doing a lot of research on building a sleeper-ish daily driver.  A 2000s era F-150 with a Godzilla motor would be fun, I think.  However, I think I've settled on putting an LS in my Nissan Frontier Pro4X.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 3:16 PM, SwampNut said:

Meanwhile, down the street...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

For this application I recommend the .22 WMR from a Rifle.

On 11/8/2023 at 4:19 PM, XXitanium said:

I keep having fantasies about putting up five cylinder Mercedes diesel in a Toyota 4Runner

I understand the desire for a diesel in an off-road application, but why opt for less power?  Or can you actually get those 5 bangers to make steam like a Cummins?

I've heard the 4 cylinder UPS truck engines can be turbo'd-up nicely.