CBR1100XX.org Forum

Put a sock on it

SwampNut

Ducati's claims in reference to brake and clutch master cylinder covers/socks.

Brake fluid reservoir sock.

Widely used in the Racing sector, it has been designed to preserve the bodywork from accidental leakage of fluid, as well as to protect the fluid against UV rays that may cause it to deteriorate.

Seems like bullshit.  So first, Duc admits that their garbage is prone to leaks?  Or I guess are their race teams constantly opening the masters?  WTF?  And part two sounds like bullshit.  Particularly on a race bike that is going to see sun for like an hour at a time.

3 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Which seems like the only REAL answer, of course.

Every race bike has it. Of course, those guys are idiots, they should have consulted Swamp before installing one.

I'm an idiot as well, because my R1 has it. If I had to explain it to him he would not understand anyway. 

MotoGP M1, Quartararo.

0001.jpg

You guys have to understand the source. Carlos wears toe shoes, so his experience with and perception of socks is skewed. 
I think he is an anti-socker. He will do a great job of rationalizing his obsession of everything anti-sock. Probably destroy me since I am a known rabid pro-sock apologist. I think there is room in the world for all people on the sock spectrum. 
I actually am not wearing socks right now! (I walked the dog through my fields on a chilly and wet autumn day and my Jobst “Ambitions” got wet in the toe box) Believe me, I feel naked. Carlos would just feel normal.

Tomek, you go guy! Be a loud and proud socker!

Ducati guys, put a fashionable sock on whatever you think would sell. 
Maybe the sock is just not understood. It was put here not to cover up, but to fill a void.

• Useful/Thanks! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

My track bike will weep a little around the cap. Even swapped it for different reservoir, still the same results. Next thing to do is rebuild the Brembo master cylinder or keep the sock on it. 

https://motoloot.com/collections/our-reservoir-socks

Edited by The Krypt Keeper