Jump to content
CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blackbirds


silverbird1100
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jon haney said:

I'm thinking you should invest in a "stunt cage".

Poor bike.  That's like taking a picture of your Grandma or Grandpa before helping them up, after you knocked them down.

 

Man, I love my blackbirds. I put tens upon tens of thousand miles on that bike, and if we went down from time to time that’s still a hell of a lot better life than some of those beauty queens have had. 

We have been to the end of the road in two countries, been to countless bars and honky tonks, national parks, deserts and mountains and have gotten to ride with some of the best (OzarkXX being a huge omission)

I could have gotten a 650 or something like that, maybe that I could handle better, but fuck it.

 

Oh, and the real story to the pictures........

 

It had been dropped several times before I realized that at my age (I was 50 when I got it) it was not safe for me to get up, snatch the bike upright, and keep going. I learned to take off my gear, maybe smoke a pipe, collect my thoughts, and let the adrenaline wear off before I wrenched my back. So I had time to do a photo shoot.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RXX said:

It had been dropped several times before I realized that at my age (I was 50 when I got it) it was not safe for me to get up, snatch the bike upright, and keep going. I learned to take off my gear, maybe smoke a pipe, collect my thoughts, and let the adrenaline wear off before I wrenched my back. So I had time to do a photo shoot.

I've found my bikes napping a few times and got the "must lift it now!!!!" feeling for no good reason, especially the one that fell sometime during the night.  The only real concern would be if it were laying at an angle where oil could start seeping past the rings, then hydrolock on startup.  I don't know what the angle would have to be, guessing the top of the bike would have to be on the low side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2021 at 11:50 AM, jon haney said:

I'm thinking you should invest in a "stunt cage".

Poor bike.  That's like taking a picture of your Grandma or Grandpa before helping them up, after you knocked them 

 
 

I agree, bikes have feelings too. 

Edited by silverbird1100
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, RXX said:

 

Man, I love my blackbirds. I put tens upon tens of thousand miles on that bike, and if we went down from time to time that’s still a hell of a lot better life than some of those beauty queens have had. 

We have been to the end of the road in two countries, been to countless bars and honky tonks, national parks, deserts and mountains and have gotten to ride with some of the best (OzarkXX being a huge omission)

I could have gotten a 650 or something like that, maybe that I could handle better, but fuck it.

 

Oh, and the real story to the pictures........

 

It had been dropped several times before I realized that at my age (I was 50 when I got it) it was not safe for me to get up, snatch the bike upright, and keep going. I learned to take off my gear, maybe smoke a pipe, collect my thoughts, and let the adrenaline wear off before I wrenched my back. So I had time to do a photo shoot.

So, your Bird is more of a drinking buddy, then a mistress?  I get it now.🍺

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use