Jump to content
CBR1100XX.org Forum

Non ethanol gas - find it


OMG
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just putting it out there. I never use non - ethanol in my stihl 4 Stihl equipment or ZTR. No problems after 7years they all run like a champ. I can see if the equipment isn’t used as often as in my case though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does, in very limited cases.  In most it does nothing, and then in some other cases it's far worse because of heavier pesticide uses (that may be related to non-GMO, the other farce).

 

IE, few things are without compromise.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always feel great when my gas-powered equipment starts and runs well.

For things that get used on a very regular basis (car, truck, Triumph), I will use the 10% ethanol.  Everything else gets non-ethanol fuel, and a splash of fuel preservative over the winter, or if it goes unused for more than 6 months.  Some might call it a ton of prevention for an ounce of cure, but I have some fairly old equipment that still runs great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you happen to have a WAWA station around, they all carry  Non ethanol gas

 

I think the pump has a blue mark on it and the handle is blue as well.

 

Only on a single island, that of course shares all of the other varieties.

 

IF not looking for it, you would hardly notice the extra pump handle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

I wish there was one here close but not that lucky.  They can keep their corn crap.

Why do you hate Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Minnesota farmers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 6:18 PM, superhawk996 said:

Other than AV or race, we have no pure gas options here.  If we had the option I might buy it, but not if it was more than 3% above the price of E-10.

Bummer...   I just checked, and it appears WAWA seems to love the east coast.    

 

Not sure why, maybe its close to corporate.

 

Yup...  looked into the history and it started up in the northeast and they are just marching down the coast line until they got to us in Florida

 

No plans to head west at the moment.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, lordzarkon said:

Bummer...   I just checked, and it appears WAWA seems to love the east coast.    

 

Not sure why, maybe its close to corporate.

 

Yup...  looked into the history and it started up in the northeast and they are just marching down the coast line until they got to us in Florida

 

No plans to head west at the moment.  

I think it’s illegal to sell non-ethanol for “normal” use here.  The only non-ethanol I know of is race and aviation gas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I think it’s illegal to sell non-ethanol for “normal” use here.  The only non-ethanol I know of is race and aviation gas.

Wow that has to suck, I assume from your stats that you live in Kalifornia   LOL

 

Cannot believe they regulate that too.   What got me to switch was trying to get chainsaws to run right.

 

Now all gas cans have good old fashion gas, and it's in not only chainsaws, but garden tractor and any other handheld gas powered tools.

 

Easy peasy start all the time.

 

I am guessing race and aviation gas is likely way more expensive, if not, and the octane rating is compatible for small engines, you might want to give it a try.

 

All I know is once WAWA came to town and I had access to this, life doing maintenance just got smoother and more relaxing not having to fight to start all these 

small damn picky little engines    LOL  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe that federal laws require oxygenated fuels, under certain parameters.  Here we get it for part of the year when it's most necessary, but not all the time.  Ethanol caused some early issues and now is just not a factor in my life at all.  But I'm not feeding any ancient engines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, lordzarkon said:

Wow that has to suck, I assume from your stats that you live in Kalifornia   LOL

 

Cannot believe they regulate that too.   What got me to switch was trying to get chainsaws to run right.

 

Now all gas cans have good old fashion gas, and it's in not only chainsaws, but garden tractor and any other handheld gas powered tools.

 

Easy peasy start all the time.

 

I am guessing race and aviation gas is likely way more expensive, if not, and the octane rating is compatible for small engines, you might want to give it a try.

 

All I know is once WAWA came to town and I had access to this, life doing maintenance just got smoother and more relaxing not having to fight to start all these 

small damn picky little engines    LOL  

Yup, Commiefornia.  Race gas at the pump (100 unleaded) starts at $10/gal. and the closest station with it is about 20-30 minutes away.  AV is much cheaper, but harder to get.  I've run my weed whacker on race gas just because I had it and it smells nice, but I never had problems with E-10.  It started and ran a little better on E-10, especially in cooler weather, probably because of the lower volatility of race.

 

The only problem I can attribute to E-10 was during the switchover in a 1980 F-250 that sat a lot between uses.  The accelerator pump nozzles would clog up, but after running a few tanks of E-10 through it the problem vanished.  E-10 can cause problems, it can also prevent some so to me it's a wash.  It's less stabile, but I've had it sit for many months in stuff without issue.  The gas in my motorhome was probably over a year old, maybe two, before I picked it up from Carlos and it showed no signs of problems.  I use it somewhat frequently, for an RV, but it has sat for a few months at a time without any issues with the main engine nor generator.  My carbed BB has also sat a few months at a time without issues.

 

My yard tools are now battery powered, way better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use