CBR1100XX.org Forum

Aftermarket swingarm

Wolf1999

I've never ridden one or done one so no good advice. I've never heard of an aftermarket bolt on arm, pretty sure it would have to be custom but others here know more about that so wait for them to chime in as that's out of my league.

I don't know of any supplier that makes a complete, aftermarket swingarm for a bird. There used to be a couple of places that made bolt-in swingarm extensions, but I've lost the links over the years. You can find one every once in a blue moon on ebay, but they are pretty rare. I personally don't care for the look, and if you don't have the upgrades to necessitate the arm, you're just perpetrating as a racer. I can't even begin to list the number of fakers I've put on the trailer running my bird at stock length. You kill 'em on the tree and keep the nose less than 8 inches off the ground and it takes BIG power to catch you.

Sounded to me like you wanted something reversible. Bolt-on extensions should be available from Roaring Toyz, but may not be listed on their site anymore. Give them a call, and I'll bet they will make you a set.

Too bad you can't wait a few months. My Drag Bird is likely to be going back on the street, and I'll have an extended arm, strut, and wheelie bars to sell.

• 4 weeks later...