CBR1100XX.org Forum

Poll on Carrozzeria Wheels, Should Webmster seek a Discount

ralfybebedosekys

Discount on Carrozzeria Wheels: Should Webmaster negotiate a discount if asked by the American Importer?  

30 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Please vote in this poll.

See the following0 website for info, stats and such.

http://www.engineeredracingproducts.com/Qs...ore/c000023.htm

The big advantage about this wheel is that the American importer configures it specifically for the CBR1100XX which allows you to use all your stock parts, rotors, etc. except the rear sprocket which you can get at discount from them for $29.

If you vote yes it means that the webmaster should try to negotiate a discount for members of this website, which means the webmaster will probably have to allow some advertising statement in the appropriate forum section.

Okay, please vote. The front wheel weights 9 pounds, the rear 14.5 which includes cushdrive and sprocket carrier. It's made of forged aluminum, is stronger than the stock wheel and comes in black or gold.

Someone, in particular YOU as you are so impressed with them, are going to have to buy a set of these wheels to actually try them you cant expect anyone to buy them "blind". People on here mainly go by first hand recommendations from other members, cheapo accessories yeah great no problem but not something at this price someones got to try them first. It also works here that whoever fancies a particular item organises group buys not the site admin.

It is not the obligation of the webmaster to secure any discount for group purchases. If you're so determined to own a set of these wheels, by all means buy them and give us your empirical, unbiased opinion.

I'm happy to be the front man for group discounts and such. However, I don't think there's much demand, and I can't very well go ask for a group buy for a couple people. We'll see if the poll turns out differently, but I doubt many will want to buy these.

They are pretty, but I'd like to see them black.

However, unless my rims get damaged, I'm not buying different ones....

You probably should direct this question to guys who customise their 'Birds...

There should be "have no opinion " and "hookers" options aswell :wink:

Cheers,

I have seen other wheels I like....

Personally I don't like these. They look cheap compared to stock. I think gold would look like shit on my silver XX. Even if those were black, the stock wheels still look better. Polished or chrome may be ok, but personally don't care for the upkeep. I prefer the black wheels for that reason.

As for weight, I would want to see some hard numbers comparing them to stock. With those 5 big spokes, I don't see how they could be much lighter than stock.

Steve

I'm happy to be the front man for group discounts and such.

All I'm saying is that if the importer emails you and asks to put an announcement in the commercial seller's forum in exchange for a modest discount -- well, would you do that?

Right now I am torn between buying the wheels or getting a 2002 stock cpu box -- so I can use a PCIII on a 1999 bike. (I heard that will do it).

However for anyone who wants light forged wheels now, getting a discount at the small price of allowing a commercial announcement should be okay.

For anyone who wants this type of wheel (and they do make it in black) you'd only have to spend about $1,300 with sprocket and discount versus some 70% to 90% more for a completely workable O.Z. or Dynmag.

Right now I am still trying to find out as much as I can about this wheel for anyone who is interested.

By the way, does anyone know how much stock wheels weighs???

The Carrozzeria wheels are rear 14.5 lbs. w/cush & carrier, front is 9 lbs.

Lastly, I just heard that for GXSRs Galfer wave front rotors are 4.5 lbs while stock are only 5.0 lbs. That's not much difference for a $700 upgrade (Galfer requires the use of its pads or warranty is voided).

So, does anyone know what an XX stock front rotor weighs??? If it's as light as a GXSR's rotor -- then... not much advantage.

Okay, keep voting!!!

By the way, does anyone know how much stock wheels weighs???
So, does anyone know what an XX stock front rotor weighs??? If it's as light as a GXSR's rotor -- then... not much advantage.

Ralfy,

I'll bet Joe knows, but ya pretty much dissed him at the beginning :roll: ...

:idea: I think your XX out in your garage should provide some answers... How bout it? I am certain that any self-respecting importer would be willing to set you up with one set so you can do your research, and then report back, and then if someone buys in, they get the discount and you could get a rebate... Good business sense, me thinks...

:razz:

Haha, that's so funny I forgot to laugh.

Come on all of you -- this is the real world not your private little get even party.

At first I thought you were all acting like a bunch of schoolyard bullies.

Now you'll are like a bunch of pouting children.

I have no Idea what you are talking about me dissing anyone in the beginning of the first thread.

What I don't get is how you all can ride one of the most complex designed and fastest and mostpowerful bikes on the planet and all be such absolute dunderheads when confronted with a physics problem or math problem, or technical language or detailed language which challenges you'll. If you look at the original thread on the Carrozzeria wheels practially none of the replies were responsive... responsive to the main question.

Did you know that mechanically inclined students have more raw intelligence than even straight "A" students. An "A" student is very good at following directions; a mechanically inclined student CAN make up his/her own directions, attack a problem independently. That's raw intelligence. Where is that in this forum???

You gotta know about the group stupidity theory. It says buddying up in a group can make you retarded if you're not careful. 'Cause no one is allowed to say anything new or smarter than the average member. If you do you get axed. There's a saying for this, it is "THE NAIL THAT STICKS UP GETS POUNDED DOWN."

Whereas I learned early what a Harvard Prof. wrote in 1970 in "Beyond Freedom & Dignity." It is half the shit people say or do is just a bunch of knee jerk bull that they don't think out anyway. If you want to be free, really free, you gotta force yourself to think. And if a math problem does you in - and it's a simple one, you better get your back up and work it out. 'Cause people get pissed on enough in this world already and stupid people really get doused. And if you're riding a 140 horsepower two wheeled rocket that can take your life -- and you don't like to think, and you feel bullied or have to sulk if someone disagrees with you or challenges your thoughts, well man -- WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING RIDING A 175 MPH BIKE?????

So all you would-be superheros out there -- grow the FECK* up, and get real!!!

(*that's Irish dialect, it doesn't mean the wildthing, but more like "gosh").

'Nough said!

Aww, does that mean you will NOT go out to your garage and weigh one of the three rotors you advertised for sale? Can't be that much effort now, can it? If you won't, why not???

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5700

Nothing about a get even party. Hell, don't know you enough to like or dislike ya, but from post 2 onwards has only been about how great life would be if we just jump on board with ya, hold hands, sing kumbaya and put together a group order for some wheels...

And what was the main question? Let's see...

Info on wheels?

A rhetorical question about whether these are or aren't a specific wheel?

Can this be true? (No hidden costs!!!)

How real is the weight savings, broken down part by part (ya want P/Ns with that, mistah?)

Is this for real?

And all this can be yours for just $5.99!!! (oh, wait, that's not a part of this infomercial...)

I think some people questioned your approach, some offered comments based on firsthand experience, and although I'm sure you meaning well, some time lurking and posting based on your experience and interest in taking the XX to a track would have been more likely to garner positive feedback than just champing at the bit for a group order for everyone.

But what do I know... :roll:

So if we don't want to be called "grup stupid", we should join you and buy wheels that one may not want or need nor like ?! :shock:

Whaaa, I'll think about that :headscratch: :loony:

I don't know about others, but when I bought the XX, riding it 175 MPH on custom wheels didn't even cross my mind. :shock:

Seems it's important to you and that's okay. You asked a question and that's what others do, but for some reason it came out like you are saying

"Hey Stupid, get these wheels, see. With these wheels you'll win all drag races, see. C'mon Stupid how can you not want these ?! Everyone who rides the XX shoud buy these, see...."

Maybe you should trade the XX for the ZX12 or Busa, to get the extra few seconds.... I'm sure it would be easy. Dealers are dealing them without the grup buys .... And you wouldn't need the custom wheels :twisted:

BTW you wouldn't happen to be the US importer for these wheels, would you ?! :shock:

Same to you buddy, same to you......

Wow, this guy really has some exceptional people skills! I rezembull that rimarke bowt being stuuupid. I'll hav u no that i graditated from 8th grayde with honors. iT was a strugel, but after 22 years i made it.

Damn, I didn't realize that I was stupid, thanks for the input ralfybebeafdj;kjadj;ashjgag;jhasgjhasawio;ruaw

Haha, that's so funny I forgot to laugh.

Come on all of you -- this is the real world not your private little get even party.

At first I thought you were all acting like a bunch of schoolyard bullies.

Now you'll are like a bunch of pouting children.

I have no Idea what you are talking about me dissing anyone in the beginning of the first thread.

What I don't get is how you all can ride one of the most complex designed and fastest and mostpowerful bikes on the planet and all be such absolute dunderheads when confronted with a physics problem or math problem, or technical language or detailed language which challenges you'll. If you look at the original thread on the Carrozzeria wheels practially none of the replies were responsive... responsive to the main question.

Did you know that mechanically inclined students have more raw intelligence than even straight "A" students. An "A" student is very good at following directions; a mechanically inclined student CAN make up his/her own directions, attack a problem independently. That's raw intelligence. Where is that in this forum???

You gotta know about the group stupidity theory. It says buddying up in a group can make you retarded if you're not careful. 'Cause no one is allowed to say anything new or smarter than the average member. If you do you get axed. There's a saying for this, it is "THE NAIL THAT STICKS UP GETS POUNDED DOWN."

Whereas I learned early what a Harvard Prof. wrote in 1970 in "Beyond Freedom & Dignity." It is half the shit people say or do is just a bunch of knee jerk bull that they don't think out anyway. If you want to be free, really free, you gotta force yourself to think. And if a math problem does you in - and it's a simple one, you better get your back up and work it out. 'Cause people get pissed on enough in this world already and stupid people really get doused. And if you're riding a 140 horsepower two wheeled rocket that can take your life -- and you don't like to think, and you feel bullied or have to sulk if someone disagrees with you or challenges your thoughts, well man -- WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING RIDING A 175 MPH BIKE?????

(*that's Irish dialect, it doesn't mean the wildthing, but more like "gosh").

'Nough said!

What did you say ?

I thind ya hid th nale on th hed RALPHY. Does your head stick up any higher than the rest of ours?

Your theoretical Physics problems do not make me shiver, tense up, or soil my little schoolboy pants. There's no argument that lighter wheels are better, I agree with you in fact. BUT, most of us here can't spend $1500 on some wheels when we have school supplies to buy. If you want to talk about thrust, do so in a way you can prove it to us morons on this board. Instead of theoretical gains in a vacuum chamber. There are cheaper and better ways to get more "thrust" out of your bike than a set of wheels. For the money spent on these wheels, a person could get a nitrous oxide system, lower gearing and a Power Commander. All these items are proven to increase your "thrust" for far less cash. I don't know about you but I live in the real world with real bills and real payments and can't afford a set of wheels right now. You stated that you were either concidering a new ecm or these wheels. Get the ecm, you'll be happier.

Thank you,

Your dumbass schoolyard redneck bully in the south

(didn't no I cud spel did ya) :lol:

to quote Ralfy:"BLAH ....BLAH....BLAH....BLAH....BLAH....BLAH...."

:roll:

nice wheels...by the way....ooh...ahhh...me likee

"BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...group discount...BLAH...BLAH...BLAH"

this is a bike forum...not a fuckin' physics class. you're giving me a headache. I'm happy in my dumbness...now stop reading all those books and ride the damn bike will ya.

that is all

• 2 weeks later...

Allright, I managed to miss somehow this forget wheel fiasco.

1300$ is a good deal for this hoops,and yes they improve handling AND acceleration,.

All about aftermarked rims is explained in latest Sportrider,they check the weight,Moment of Inertia and fit and finish on 15 aftermarked wheels.

Carrozzeria (formerly Hi Point) is one of them.