CBR1100XX.org Forum

200mph ++ HOW TO..??

Tom Braithwaite

"Ring a Bell ????"...............................

Naw, I never see any XX's out there but if the weathers decent sunday morning we'll go for a ride! :icon_biggrin:

Well, Today the weather was crappy, and next week I'll be at a ride in Clearwater with some of those goofballs. If I have any tire left after that fun, I may be out the following Sunday. I almost never go to Bonefish on Tuesdays because of the Squid factor, and the same reason for church street.

Questions:

What year is your bike.

Do you do your own services or have it done, and if you have it done where?

Lastly..... it's not a 99' with the word "Excaliber" decaled on the sides is it?

I guess you have never ran over at Moroso huh?

I'm not going to even get started in this thread, but I will say that there are now about 4 more names on my "these people should not reproduce" list...

And Joe, I agree... :icon_wall:

Mike

I'm not going to even get started in this thread, but I will say that there are now about 4 more names on my "these people should not reproduce" list...

And Joe, I agree... :icon_wall:

Mike

Four?! Just from this thread?!

"Ring a Bell ????"...............................

Naw, I never see any XX's out there but if the weathers decent sunday morning we'll go for a ride! :icon_biggrin:

Well, Today the weather was crappy, and next week I'll be at a ride in Clearwater with some of those goofballs. If I have any tire left after that fun, I may be out the following Sunday. I almost never go to Bonefish on Tuesdays because of the Squid factor, and the same reason for church street.................

Clearwater? do you ride with Street Knights from over there? or visit SoFlaSportbikes.com website? ........

Questions:

What year is your bike.................................on my 2nd 2002, put 18000 miles on 1st one, 11000 miles on this one.

Do you do your own services or have it done, and if you have it done where?.........nobody works on it but me......................

Lastly..... it's not a 99' with the word "Excaliber" decaled on the sides is it?

I guess you have never ran over at Moroso huh?.................Not yet, ain't got time to wait for all the imports and kiddy dragsters, got to wait in line all night long to make one pass, haven't bothered to get a wrist kill switch yet for tech.

So your saying that the 20HP bike, assuming it is HP limited at 75 mph will require 8000 HP to go 150! I haven't calibrated my calculator lately but 20*20*20=8000. I dunno, but I think something may be off there.

Yeez, :icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes: ,read my post. :icon_wall: :icon_wall:

Obviously you have problem with physics and math too. :icon_wall:

Cube of 2 is 8 right ? . 8 X 20hp = 160 hp.

OK, I get it, HP requirement varies as the cube of the change in speed. Gotta pardon me, I just flew in from LA to FL on a redeye and I'm not firing on all cylinders. Your simplistic first formula was throwing me off.

Don't really know what I did to cause all the animosity, people do make mistakes you know.

Now granted, I haven't been around here all that long, but this has got to be some sort of record number of replies to a post by someone with 33 posts. Jeez, it took ol' Dave getting on politics and religion to get this much discussion.

As I said in another thread, K4, I think this is like trying to argue the fastest way around a high bank oval with the Pettys. There's guys here that know this stuff forwards and backwards, and I figure if it was possible to get a 200 mph streetable XX, someone here would have it, and be telling the rest of us how to do it. Also, I don't know about the later models, but the whole Ram air thing bumping you from 140 to 170 ain't gonna fly- it's been tried and discarded as impractical, (easier ways to get better results.)

Also, wouldn't everyone be doing it out at Bonneville just to get that cool "200 mph club" T-shirt.

Bottom line is you think you can do it, great! Let us know what you find out, but this is a old platform that alot of guys have wrench on and no one is saying they did it.

Don't let that stop you. I saw a air cooled V-Twin runnig number I would have thought possible at the drag strip, but he did not regear it and blow everyone away.

"I don't know about the later models, but the whole Ram air thing bumping you from 140 to 170 ain't gonna fly- it's been tried "....................................................... :icon_think: .................

I would love to see a dyno chart from that experiment, it's on my list of things to do someday!

" this has got to be some sort of record number of replies to a post by someone with 33 posts"..........

It's funny, I been looking a couple years for a reason to explain why I have had two 02 XX's perform way better than anybody ever thought possible. I thought my first one was just a ringer, you know, that one special bike that got assembled on a good day, broke it in fast and hard. Found this one unserviced with .04 miles at Jim Walkers Honda at Bikeweek on 03/06/04 buried in the back of the shop, couldn't sell it. Traded mine with 18000 miles, swapped exhaust and Ventura luggage rack drove it home slow and easy. I broke this one in very easy, had 2000 miles {4 oil changes} before opening the throttle. This one is noticeably faster than my 1st one, more bottom end and feels like the front tire comes up shifting into 5th gear. On another XX site last year from europe I saw a brief discussion from a few 02 owners that thought the same as me, there's something different about this year, it really accepts a 4 into 1 better than other year models. My first choice for a system was Erion, waited three weeks on backorder. There was only a few makers that would send a dyno chart, second choice was Ti-Force, backorder. The dyno chart I got from Akrapovic was identical to Erions so I went with it. After it didn't fit and sending it back I checked with Erion again the lady said they had not recieved them yet, I said you mean you don't make them, she said no!......... :icon_shifty: Did a little more research and found the name Erion as one of the owners of Two Bro's Racing and the rest is history! sorry, I got carried away again.

" this has got to be some sort of record number of replies to a post by someone with 33 posts"..........

It's funny, I been looking a couple years for a reason to explain why I have had two 02 XX's perform way better than anybody ever thought possible. I thought my first one was just a ringer, you know, that one special bike that got assembled on a good day, broke it in fast and hard. Found this one unserviced with .04 miles at Jim Walkers Honda at Bikeweek on 03/06/04 buried in the back of the shop, couldn't sell it. Traded mine with 18000 miles, swapped exhaust and Ventura luggage rack drove it home slow and easy. I broke this one in very easy, had 2000 miles {4 oil changes} before opening the throttle. This one is noticeably faster than my 1st one, more bottom end and feels like the front tire comes up shifting into 5th gear. On another XX site last year from europe I saw a brief discussion from a few 02 owners that thought the same as me, there's something different about this year, it really accepts a 4 into 1 better than other year models. My first choice for a system was Erion, waited three weeks on backorder. There was only a few makers that would send a dyno chart, second choice was Ti-Force, backorder. The dyno chart I got from Akrapovic was identical to Erions so I went with it. After it didn't fit and sending it back I checked with Erion again the lady said they had not recieved them yet, I said you mean you don't make them, she said no!......... :icon_shifty: Did a little more research and found the name Erion as one of the owners of Two Bro's Racing and the rest is history! sorry, I got carried away again.

I can't believe I keep reading this load of nonsense. I am starting to get sucked into it .......maybe it is actually Dave II or maybe his twin but then hensaid he was short and skinny !!! Certainly not Dave :-)

We love you Dave....

Since I spend 10 days each year with the active Blackbird riders in Europe each year I guess I can say that the statement "On another XX site last year from europe I saw a brief discussion from a few 02 owners that thought the same as me, there's something different about this year, it really accepts a 4 into 1 better than other year models" ???

I would like to see that thread, my bet is that it never existed.

Erion is still making exhaust's and doing well.

Akro systems fit just fine except for the loss of the centerstand.

The Dyno chart was identical is a great statement also between a European company and a US company.

Two Brothers ....duh !! How about both brothers last name is Erion ?

You really ought to show up next Sunday morning in clearwater for a ride with a group of Blackbird owners that know what they are talking about. Learn something useful and have some fun at the same time.

After all at 200 mph you could be there in less than a hour !!!!

If this happens to be a factory freak bike,,, I'll let the regulars know in a few weeks. I expect to see myself walked on (from a roll-on) in the same way a Gixxer 1K would if I were lined up with. If it's really that much faster than my avarage 01' XX, I'll be the first one to attest to that fact.

Now for instance. John01XX's bike should be quicker than mine. His bike is lighter, and makes a bit more HP(9 hp actually) and John is about 40lbs lighter than I am. So, he's got about a 60+ lb weight break on me when you factor in the rider and the bike together. I have a slight gearing advantage, but that wouldn't offset the major difference in weight. He should kick my ass from every roll on, but not always from a dead stop because the extra weight sometimes aids in keeping the front end down. We'll see how our new member's XX does. We'll play a little if he's interested.

Live in the field.......you're dependable news source..........

Beondwacko in S.E. Florida.

If this happens to be a factory freak bike,,, I'll let the regulars know in a few weeks. I expect to see myself walked on (from a roll-on) in the same way a Gixxer 1K would if I were lined up with. If it's really that much faster than my avarage 01' XX, I'll be the first one to attest to that fact.

Now for instance. John01XX's bike should be quicker than mine. His bike is lighter, and makes a bit more HP(9 hp actually) and John is about 40lbs lighter than I am. So, he's got about a 60+ lb weight break on me when you factor in the rider and the bike together. I have a slight gearing advantage, but that wouldn't offset the major difference in weight. He should kick my ass from every roll on, but not always from a dead stop because the extra weight sometimes aids in keeping the front end down. We'll see how our new member's XX does. We'll play a little if he's interested.

Live in the field.......you're dependable news source..........

Beondwacko in S.E. Florida.

........................................ :icon_think: ...............3 possibilitys,1- I got a fast bike,2- other bikers have just pity'd me and like looking at the XX tail lights, 3- this is just some dream!. ........................I go to Sebring alot but Clearwater is a stretch for one day ain't it? weekend trip or what?...............

........................................ ...............3 possibilitys,1- I got a fast bike,2- other bikers have just pity'd me and like looking at the XX tail lights, 3- this is just some dream!. ........................I go to Sebring alot but Clearwater is a stretch for one day ain't it? weekend trip or what?...............

Beondwacko and I are riding over Saturday afternoon, getting together with a group of Bird owners from the forum for a group ride most all day Sunday, then return home Sunday night. We will be taking "Your" road west out of WPB and going right by Morosso on our way to Clearwater.

See the FUXXT thread in the Group Rides section of the forum

C'mon guys, the secret to going faster is to chrome more parts, everybody knows that.

I think I speak for most when we say we want pictures from FUXXT.

For Sale: clean 1999 Honda CBR 1100xx with the slower MIGS dual exhaust and PCII

WTB: clean 2002 Honda CBR 1100xx with 2 Bros exhaust and PCII (will consider Euro model too)

I can't believe what I'm reading here :icon_eek: Maybe there IS, as I have suspected, something different about the 2002 XX, on my second one now. I did a full dyno with stock pipes and saw 131hp fall off at 10500 rpm's, next week bolted a Two Bro's full exhaust system on, full dyno again and saw 142hp maintained to 11500 rph into the rev limiter! increase in torque the full range with NO drops or ill effects, huge drop in weight, enormous performance gain. The only bike I haven't raced against yet is a ZX14, a 165 lb rider on a well tuned Busa is side by side with me from 0 - the limiter in 6th gear well over 195 indicated, no ZX12 has ever stayed beside me! Aerodynamic's? the XX is slimmer than it's so called two competitors, just park them side by side and look at them...........................The XX was the first 200 mph motorcycle for sale in the U.S.A. all they did was detune it a few years ago, the PFI wakes up just fine with an exhaust system again!.

Maybe you should just go back to your crack pipe, homey.

So I reckon your'e either afraid of twisting the throttle, not interested in going fast, prefer the sexy appearance of two mufflers, or never pulled alongside an 02 XX with a full exhaust system!................homey!

Dumbass... You're up pretty high on my "list"

You may want to consider doing a search on here to see what Chris's bike has done to it before talking shit... Are you wondering yet why everybody's putting their money on him without ever seeing your "ultra-fast, 200mph "uncorked" XX?"

Mike

I can't believe what I'm reading here :icon_eek: Maybe there IS, as I have suspected, something different about the 2002 XX, on my second one now. I did a full dyno with stock pipes and saw 131hp fall off at 10500 rpm's, next week bolted a Two Bro's full exhaust system on, full dyno again and saw 142hp maintained to 11500 rph into the rev limiter! increase in torque the full range with NO drops or ill effects, huge drop in weight, enormous performance gain. The only bike I haven't raced against yet is a ZX14, a 165 lb rider on a well tuned Busa is side by side with me from 0 - the limiter in 6th gear well over 195 indicated, no ZX12 has ever stayed beside me! Aerodynamic's? the XX is slimmer than it's so called two competitors, just park them side by side and look at them...........................The XX was the first 200 mph motorcycle for sale in the U.S.A. all they did was detune it a few years ago, the PFI wakes up just fine with an exhaust system again!.

So I reckon your'e either afraid of twisting the throttle, not interested in going fast, prefer the sexy appearance of two mufflers, or never pulled alongside an 02 XX with a full exhaust system!................homey!

You may want to consider doing a search on here to see what Chris's bike has done to it before talking shit... Are you wondering yet why everybody's putting their money on him without ever seeing your "ultra-fast, 200mph "uncorked" XX?"

Mike

142 hp? is that all?

Christ I'm up at around 1700m above sea level and I'm pulling 146.5 hp with just slipons added?

WTF??

I've got a euro 02 XX.

Those figures with a full system sounds ... well.... weak, and you are telling here that you can hang with ZX12's and busa's? Something doesn't sound right......

Mike

142 hp? is that all?

Christ I'm up at around 1700m above sea level and I'm pulling 146.5 hp with just slipons added?

WTF??

I've got a euro 02 XX.

Those figures with a full system sounds ... well.... weak, and you are telling here that you can hang with ZX12's and busa's? Something doesn't sound right......

Dinos are corrected for sea level, so those numbers aren't what your bike actually put out, they are what your bike put out + a multiplier for altitude.

Mike

Dyno readings, as you stated, are usually corrected to standard conditions. Probably 60 deg F and 14.7 PSIA and God knows what relative humidity conditions. All depends on which units and which definition of the standard the dyno mfg. chose to use for his software.

Attatched are a collection of those definitions a got from Wikipedia and a search for Standard Temperature Pressure on Google.

Oops, still can't attach pictures I guess.