CBR1100XX.org Forum

200mph ++ HOW TO..??

Tom Braithwaite

There is a perfect venue that would put a stop to all this nonsense. It is not even all that far away.

Maxton, NC.

I have access to a Freightliner motor home with a 36 foot trailer attached.

Might be interesting to see how fast an ultra fast '02 really is. 202 mph is the production chassis/production motor record. Held by a Busa and might get broken this weekend by a ZX-14. The next event is Sept 23-24 if anyone is interested.

I read the original post to this page, and wandered on. But I kept wondering why this thread got so long. NOW I KNOW. Funny stuff, especially since I brought the radar gun to the show where Chris and Forrest were the star acts.

Thanks for the laughs, gotta go, found a mint '02 for sale.

This areguement has become far too technical for me to keep up with. You guys can just toss back and forth your scientific mumbo-jumbo all ya' want, I just want to drag race him myself. :icon_angel:

Thanks for the entertainment guys.

Oh and yes I have an 02 XX, which proves to be the holy grail of them all. If you gear it tall enough, it will reach over 450 mph (going to 1 tooth in the rear, hillbilly type sprocket).

Hugo

Oh and yes I have an 02 XX, which proves to be the holy grail of them all. If you gear it tall enough, it will reach over 450 mph (going to 1 tooth in the rear, hillbilly type sprocket).

Hugo

How many teef in the front?

:icon_shifty: :icon_shhh:

Hugo

How many teef in the front?

:icon_shifty: :icon_shhh:

damn i've been missing all the fun!!!! i know i've seen 190 on my speedo so like what 179....love to see a true 200 someone build the bike i'll test it.....Jeff turbo mine??????

I used to have a 02 XX. A bit smoother than my current 98 XX but not too much faster.

So I guess the invisible Turbo ceased to function on mine? Maybe Honda forgot to slap mine on? I wouldn't be surprized since these ones are special -- made for special people... and invisible...

:icon_lol:

Yours was defective. I'd suggest you call Honda and tell them you want a refund. :icon_twisted::icon_whistle:

I think I know who this is.

Luggage rack too ? Really. I'm being serious. Does this 02' have a luggage rack?

At the same time ,,,, while we're asking questions,,,,,, are you a good ole' Southern Boy? If so, to the two questions asked,,,,,,we've met before.

Dude all you are talking is Internet shit right now. A couple of people have called you out to prove your claims at the strip, but after 6 long pages I have yet to find where you are ready to step up to the challenge. Your best bet is to get back on the porch with the little dogs. I nominate KungfuforMTV for the first Johnny Monsoon BullShit Award, do I have a second?

Fuck all you haters! I have an '02 and I know what he's talking about -- it's fucking FAST, man! It corners way better than a Buell XB9R, too -- almost as good as my Factory Racing Special GL1800RR. The XX cornered so well when I got it, that I had to lower the front and rear an inch so that the MotoGP bikes could keep up with me on the track at least in the corners. Still can't hang with me in the straights, though, since I have ~140 more cc. That Nicky Hayden guy has never seen anything but the Pyramid undertail on mine, baby.

Fuck all you haters! I have an '02 and I know what he's talking about -- it's fucking FAST, man! It corners way better than a Buell XB9R, too -- almost as good as my Factory Racing Special GL1800RR. The XX cornered so well when I got it, that I had to lower the front and rear an inch so that the MotoGP bikes could keep up with me on the track at least in the corners. Still can't hang with me in the straights, though, since I have ~140 more cc. That Nicky Hayden guy has never seen anything but the Pyramid undertail on mine, baby.

DUDE.....did you say Factory Racing Special GL1800RR??? Holy shit I knew Honda was finally gonna get of their ass!!!!!

Kinley

" this has got to be some sort of record number of replies to a post by someone with 33 posts"..........

It's funny, I been looking a couple years for a reason to explain why I have had two 02 XX's perform way better than anybody ever thought possible. I thought my first one was just a ringer, you know, that one special bike that got assembled on a good day, broke it in fast and hard. Found this one unserviced with .04 miles at Jim Walkers Honda at Bikeweek on 03/06/04 buried in the back of the shop, couldn't sell it. Traded mine with 18000 miles, swapped exhaust and Ventura luggage rack drove it home slow and easy. I broke this one in very easy, had 2000 miles {4 oil changes} before opening the throttle. This one is noticeably faster than my 1st one, more bottom end and feels like the front tire comes up shifting into 5th gear. On another XX site last year from europe I saw a brief discussion from a few 02 owners that thought the same as me, there's something different about this year, it really accepts a 4 into 1 better than other year models. My first choice for a system was Erion, waited three weeks on backorder. There was only a few makers that would send a dyno chart, second choice was Ti-Force, backorder. The dyno chart I got from Akrapovic was identical to Erions so I went with it. After it didn't fit and sending it back I checked with Erion again the lady said they had not recieved them yet, I said you mean you don't make them, she said no!......... :icon_shifty: Did a little more research and found the name Erion as one of the owners of Two Bro's Racing and the rest is history! sorry, I got carried away again.

I can't believe I keep reading this load of nonsense. I am starting to get sucked into it .......maybe it is actually Dave II or maybe his twin but then hensaid he was short and skinny !!! Certainly not Dave :-)

We love you Dave....

Since I spend 10 days each year with the active Blackbird riders in Europe each year I guess I can say that the statement "On another XX site last year from europe I saw a brief discussion from a few 02 owners that thought the same as me, there's something different about this year, it really accepts a 4 into 1 better than other year models" ???

I would like to see that thread, my bet is that it never existed.

Erion is still making exhaust's and doing well.

Akro systems fit just fine except for the loss of the centerstand.

The Dyno chart was identical is a great statement also between a European company and a US company.

Two Brothers ....duh !! How about both brothers last name is Erion ?

You really ought to show up next Sunday morning in clearwater for a ride with a group of Blackbird owners that know what they are talking about. Learn something useful and have some fun at the same time.

After all at 200 mph you could be there in less than a hour !!!!

John you friggin' Brute.........

You scared the Fartsmella' off.

What a meanie. What do you expect from an 01' owner.

too bad, I knew he wouldn't tolerate much of this crap, too bad, yall run off another good one there. After an entertaining days ride he would pull alongside me on low boost and just give it a little twist to keep my head from getting too big..........................see ya!

I guess Palm City ran him off to then ??

he still shows up here now and then, of course Kent Stotz and Barry Henson have been known to post here a few times also. But then what does Kent or Barry know about Blackbirds or Busa's !! :icon_duh:

You are welcome to post up most anything you like here any time you like but don't expect everyone to put you on a pedistal with less than 10 posts to your name.

.....................................Like I said, just looking for Dwayne, thought I could wake him up. He's ONE of the top XX brains in exhistance today without going into any more detail. I'm not hunting no pedestal, just having fun with my puter like everyone else as you can see from a little history, nothing like good ole fashioned spirited discussions. I'll race anyone anytime, been around long enough to know if anything runs off and leaves me they got alot more money invested than I do, it's all fun, when I can get through the first three gears without hitting the limiter I done good!.........

There's some pretty quick people on here that will probably hand your ass back to you.

Yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,What he Said !!!!

Hint hint.

Don't worry none, I AM sensitive and not the kind to intentionally hurt other XX owners feelings, it even bothers me when someone on a new Busa finally catche's up and say's "Damn, I was gonna buy one of those and the salesman talked me out of it!".................... :icon_frown: ...................................................

So MR. Whackjob, I see your'e an R-C enthusiest, car's truck's??? The Man's Hobby, or them planes, boats, and other silly toys, I have raced almost half my life, still got a fresh pile of RC-10's sitting next to me with no place to run within reason, got all geared up again to race in Ft. Pierce two years ago and they got evicted again. :icon_lol:

Luggage rack too ? Really. I'm being serious. Does this 02' have a luggage rack?

At the same time ,,,, while we're asking questions,,,,,, are you a good ole' Southern Boy? If so, to the two questions asked,,,,,,we've met before.

Since this reply was overlooked ( or ignored ), it's beng repeated.

Sometime late last year, I ran across a guy on a Silver 02' up at the Shell Station on a Sunday morning on Beeline Hwy. I remember it had a small luggage rack and a single side exhaust. The owner was I'd venture to say in his late 40's or early 50's and very boastfull about going 190+mph. He also had a noticeable southern accent in his voice. The owner of this bike had told me that is was his second 02' and that he bought this one up in Orlando or Daytona. It was a leftover, and he traded in his old XX on it. He also mentioned that there was a pause in his riding because of a death of a friend on another bike. At least, that's what I think I remember about him. I think is was rolling on Dunlop tires too.

As for Dwayne, I came away as very impressed with him. He was humble and not cocky at all. He was willing to answer and and all of my questions about the turbo install on his bike, and he even pointed out some of the cooler features of the install that were not visable to the casual observer. He's the kinda' guy that you would want as a local friend if you were to start a mechanical undertaking on your own bike that you weren't familiar with doing. More people should have his attitude.

SO, do I have this identity confused with someone else or is this you??

:icon_biggrin::icon_confused::icon_biggrin::icon_confused::icon_biggrin::icon_confused::icon_biggrin::icon_confused::icon_biggrin::icon_confused:

Since this reply was overlooked ( or ignored ), it's beng repeated.

Sometime late last year, I ran across a guy on a Silver 02' up at the Shell Station on a Sunday morning on Beeline Hwy. I remember it had a small luggage rack and a single side exhaust. The owner was I'd venture to say in his late 40's or early 50's and very boastfull about going 190+mph. He also had a noticeable southern accent in his voice. The owner of this bike had told me that is was his second 02' and that he bought this one up in Orlando or Daytona. It was a leftover, and he traded in his old XX on it. He also mentioned that there was a pause in his riding because of a death of a friend on another bike. At least, that's what I think I remember about him. I think is was rolling on Dunlop tires too.

As for Dwayne, I came away as very impressed with him. He was humble and not cocky at all. He was willing to answer and and all of my questions about the turbo install on his bike, and he even pointed out some of the cooler features of the install that were not visable to the casual observer. He's the kinda' guy that you would want as a local friend if you were to start a mechanical undertaking on your own bike that you weren't familiar with doing. More people should have his attitude.

SO, do I have this identity confused with someone else or is this you??

:icon_biggrin::icon_confused::icon_biggrin::icon_confused::icon_biggrin::icon_confused::icon_biggrin::icon_confused::icon_biggrin::icon_confused:

.................................Sounds like me, seeing that 24 yr old kid take three hours to die screaming in pain laying in the ditch with visible bones exhiting his leathers and his father kneeling over him did a number on me. After the Troopers told him his son died he smacked me on the arm and told me it was MY FAULT because I was leading the ride, most horrible moment of my life............................................................

Your'e right about Dwayne, after talking with him for a short while you walk away knowing you have just met someone special!.......................A man of enormous achievements in this field................................Me, I like playing computer and forever looking for knowledge, never too old to learn. I evaluate what someone types and make my own determination if they have anything to add by the way they respond.