CBR1100XX.org Forum

XX Mod of the Decade!

Warchild

Re: Group Buy for these Traxxion units

I'm working on this. If we could get a minimum of 10 dudes, the price could drop another $40-ish from each of the options. Obtaining one of these AK-20 kits for $860 - delivered - is a killer score!

Looks like you must have close to that many "dudes" expressing interest, and a few (including me) that'd like to add a Penske rear shock from Traxxion if that were an option in the GB (esp. if it'd help the overall number of units considered for discount purposes). While I expressed interest in a kit, it'd be awfully hard NOT to go the route of sending them the forks for a mere $150 more!

Oooof:I bought a Penske rear from them about 16 months ago, and did my forks about three years ago with Ohlins springs and Race Tech C&R valves. I don't think I'm gonna jump on this one, Dale.

Bryan...thanks for looking into a GB, though...

I need this! I am outriding my stock suspension capabilities. I was quite angry about it yesterday actually. Where do I sign? :icon_biggrin:

I won't be ready for this for a little bit (week or so); I got a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment, and I believe CTS Moto is still working out the Penske numbers.... but this GB will definitely be happening, no question.

I won't be ready for this for a little bit (week or so); I got a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment, and I believe CTS Moto is still working out the Penske numbers.... but this GB will definitely be happening, no question.

I'm in Dale if the improvement is as good as you say it is. :icon_pray:

I need to get the front end dialled in to match the performance of the Ohlins shock. I've already fitted preload adjusters (from JAWS), 1.0kg Racetech springs and Ohlins valves (from Kyle Racing) and running 5W oil with 150mm air gap but it's still not there. :icon_wall:

Hope this mod will get me closer as I'm not prepared to go the RC51 mod route as it would easily cost me $2,000 - $3,000 AUD, maybe more and then have to deal with the insurance implications of a modded bike with no linked brakes etc.

Are you still running the SuperBrace with the new fork mods Dale?

In fact, no, I am not.

Wth stock forks, the Superbrace, IMO, did make a noteworthy improvement in front end feel and in your ability to hold a line during high-speed sweepers.

However, with my testing this past few days, the Traxxion cartridges have made such a vast improvement in the forks, I almost can't tell the Superbrace is even on the bike. So I removed it for now.

Re: Group Buy for these Traxxion units

I'm working on this. If we could get a minimum of 10 dudes, the price could drop another $40-ish from each of the options. Obtaining one of these AK-20 kits for $860 - delivered - is a killer score!

Uhhh, with my new purchase of an '01 stock XX... I may be up for this buy in a month or so. :icon_whistle:

After leaving my fully rebuilt RaceTech front forks on my '97 (1,500 clams btw), the '01's suspension is leaving me me wanting.

I need this! I am outriding my stock suspension capabilities. I was quite angry about it yesterday actually. Where do I sign? :icon_biggrin:

Keep me in the loop on this one!

I just did RaceTech springs and valves last summer, but to add adjustable preload and rebound... It will depend on the final price, but I'd probably be in for the DIY kit, complete with the knobs and buttons.

• 3 weeks later...

AXXION AK-20 Kit GROUP BUY STARTS NOW!!!!

http://www.superblackbird.com/traxxion/

This Group Buy runs ~ 2 weeks; last sign-up day is May 8, 2006

And for those that have requested, you'll be happy to note that two different models of the Penske Racing Shock are also available through this group buy. The prices offered are only good when also buying the AK-20 Cartridge Kit.

I tell ya what, people, the more I ride my Blackbird with these Axxion AK-20 Cartridges installed, the more amazed I am at just what a staggering improvement it has made in the bike. This is the forks the Blackbird should have had all along. No exaggeration, trust me.

IPB Image

Dale,

After reading through the CBR1000rr forum link posted by another member, I was wondering if Max will be making the new GAS CHARGED cartridges available to us, since this is going to be Traxxion's new direction moving forward. He is apparantly pretty proud of their newest release (due shortly). Would it be worthwhile waiting for the latest and greatest?

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=25376

Dale,

After reading through the CBR1000rr forum link posted by another member, I was wondering if Max will be making the new GAS CHARGED cartridges available to us, since this is going to be Traxxion's new direction moving forward. He is apparantly pretty proud of their newest release (due shortly). Would it be worthwhile waiting for the latest and greatest?

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=25376

Did ya read that news article closely? Look at this paragraph towards the end of the article:

"We have a lot of customers who were holding out for the new Gas Cartridges, and we are currently offering to sell them a set of AK-20s to get them to the track now, and then we will issue them a 100% credit to exchange their AK-20s towards the purchase of their Axxion Gas Cartridges when they are ready to ship.”

Now, this is all news to me, and I imagine Mike at CTSMoto might want to discuss these developments with Traxxion. That having been said.... consider the following observations:

I believe - but am not sure - that Traxxion might concentrate on their track bike community before they get into the sport-touring community. A Blackbird-specific gas cartridge might still be a ways off in the production pipeline.

Too, my best guess is that the gas cartridges are going to be more expensive, given the new technology. Speaking of which, it might be prudent to see how these gas cartridges *actually* perform in real-world conditions, vice a smooth, pothole-free racetrack.

Ok folks the new Gas charge kits will not be available for street bikes for some time. For those of you who buy the AK-20 now and decide to upgrade to the Gas charge kits when they become available can return their AK-20 kits and receive a full credit for their kits toward the purchase of the Gas kits.

Keep in mind the Gas kit will cost $2500+ installation. This is not something you can installon your own!

They will not be available for racers for a few more weeks and Traxxion will limit the number of kits they produce this year to 50. I don't know the reason for this but this may mean that the Blackbird versions may not even be available this year.

If you wan tot wait for the Gas kits. You may be waiting a long time.

I will keep you informed.

Mike

CTSmoto