CBR1100XX.org Forum

how to lower '99 blackbird?

flexzan

MY address is 147 N dewey in reedsburg, its a white house, two car garage(silver blackbird). stop by next time you guys are in the area. We'll go out for a ride and see who stays behind who.

Uh, speaking strictly for myself, I'd be afraid to be on the same road with you.

if you could keep up on say a 300 miles of non stop twisties run.

:shock: Shit dude, what kind of tank do you run on that bird? I can only get 180 before I gotta stop for gas!

:P :stickpoke: :mrgreen:

if you could keep up on say a 300 miles of non stop twisties run.

:shock: Shit dude, what kind of tank do you run on that bird? I can only get 180 before I gotta stop for gas!

:P :stickpoke: :mrgreen:

I didn't say, I didn't stop for gas. The twisties are nonstop, not the bike. :wink: And thats one of the more conservetive runs. I can easily ride 500mi of twisties in a day and do quite often.

You can get a lowering link to drop the bike 1 or 3 inches. I used an adjustable link before with almost catistophic results. The eye bolt broke into. Had I been in a corner when it went, I prolly wouldn't be here now. The rear tire slammed into the undertail/subframe.

...so im guessing you don't recommend the lowering link? :shock:

The link I posted about is a fixed link not a fully adjustable link. There fine, the problem I had was the hiem joint eye broke on the adjustable link I had on the bike. .This one has only 2 adjustments. A 1" drop or a 3" drop and is solid as opposed to a fully adjustable which you screw the eyelets togather/apart to raise or lower the rear of the bike.

My problem was, I was on the downside/landing of a rise/ jump/ hump whatever you want to call it, cought alittle air and upon landing the eye snapped. I didn't think about jumping 750lbs of mass until it snapped. Hell I've jumped the XX before alot farther and higher before. I think the link was alittle weak. So NO I wouldn't recommend an adjustable link based upon my own exteame personal experience.

Get an adjustable shock if you have the money. You kill 2 birds with 1 stone then.

Which adjustable link did you have. I just ordered one yesterday. Now I'm wondering if I should remove it except when drag racing at the track as that will be only time that I lower the bike. Granted I dont plan to use my bike for extream sports and jumping it. I sure dont want it to break... I ordered the Snitz racing link.

Hell its been so long ago, i dont remeber. but then again me being "Middle aged".......Yesterday was along time ago!

I had used mine to raise the rear instead of lower, like you guys are wanting to do. All I do is rail up in the sierras and wanted it to handle alittle quicker. I ended up getting an Penske shock that allowed me to raise the rearend.

I'm sure the newer ones are better as is everything now adays.

http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog...&showprevnext=1

This is the one that I have from Schnitz Racing. It is very beefy. The mounting holes are made to accept the stock bearings out of the stock dogbone instead of the brass bearings some others use. The pic doesn't do it justice. It takes a 15/16" wrench to adjust the nuts and everything is aluminum or stainless. I use it to lower my bird when dragracing, but as a side benefit it also raises higher than stock as well. No more need for shims. There is a clearance issue with it though. If you run the centerstand, you'll have to cut off about 1/2" of the threaded rod to clear the bar on the stand. It won't lower it as much, but I can run my centerstand.

The eyeholes that the bearing sits in, look very close to the same width of the heim joint I used. Speaking about from the Outside diameter of the bearing to the outside of the casing, that width. It looks to be 3-5mm thick. I'm sure its a good link for dropping and dragracing, the hills I ride are a rollercoasters and the bike takes a preatty good beating when your flogging it.

LoweringLink.jpg

I ride rollercoasters here in TN as well. I haven't had any trouble at all out of it. I keep a close look at it though. If it looks like it's starting to stress it'll come off in a heartbeat. It's very well made IMHO and would recommend it to anyone. I've been 2 up with it and no problems. I had to cut about 1/2" of the threaded rod off the end to clear my centerstand though. It probably took about an inch of lowering capability off of it. right now it's set where the tire is about 1/4" off the ground on the centerstand with the forks dropped about 3/8" in the tripples for quicker steering.

What's wrong with being a middle age drunken pervert? It works for me. I even help young, misguided, squids fix thier bikes at times. Occasionaly, I give them riding lessons too. Except when they act like insulting fuckwads. :lol:

Randy,

I remember when you put that link on, and then when it snapped shortly after. :shock:

If I remember correctly, it was some home-made job that a guy was selling out of his garage, wasn't it?

The Schnitz one looks to be constructed a lot better.

So Mr. Studley is a student (from his profile) in Reedsburg, population <10K. Staggering. It looks like a lovely little town, and they do have a Norman Rockwell museum and a decent size regional airport there. That's about it, well maybe a DQ and a Hardees for him to cruise with his friends. Biggest employer - Land's End at 900. Maybe he works for the Gerber baby food company, with 350 employees (probably taste testers).

Are there any colleges there? Didn't see any. We're not getting wound up about a little boy playing with daddy's bike, are we? That may not have even been his real address.

Does your daddy know you're playing with the big kids now? Do you know who your daddy is?

Williamsburg huh. That place was just about as exciting as here. Ranking as about the fifth largest dwelling for military faggots on the east coast, after norfolk, va beach, newport news, and hampton that is. About the most exciting thing there is busch gardens with all 4 of its roller coasters. You must have a blast working at colonial williamsburg, wearing your late 1800's halloween costume and talking like some civil war reject from a bad movie.

So Mr. Studley is a student (from his profile) in Reedsburg, population <10K. Staggering. It looks like a lovely little town, and they do have a Norman Rockwell museum and a decent size regional airport there. That's about it, well maybe a DQ and a Hardees for him to cruise with his friends. Biggest employer - Land's End at 900. Maybe he works for the Gerber baby food company, with 350 employees (probably taste testers).

Are there any colleges there? Didn't see any. We're not getting wound up about a little boy playing with daddy's bike, are we? That may not have even been his real address.

Does your daddy know you're playing with the big kids now? Do you know who your daddy is?

Williamsburg huh. That place was just about as exciting as here. Ranking as about the fifth largest dwelling for military faggots on the east coast, after norfolk, va beach, newport news, and hampton that is. About the most exciting thing there is busch gardens with all 4 of its roller coasters. You must have a blast working at colonial williamsburg, wearing your late 1800's halloween costume and talking like some civil war reject from a bad movie.

Let me rephrase it,

FUCK-OFF TROLL

And Reedsburg, WI is a real happening place, right?? :lol: Guess you would find my county of 450,000 people very boring then.

You still looking for someone to go to the gym? Let's go. I need a new workout partner.

Rich

And Reedsburg, WI is a real happening place, right?? :lol: Guess you would find my county of 450,000 people very boring then.

You still looking for someone to go to the gym? Let's go. I need a new workout partner.

Rich

Thanks for stating the obvious, i dont like this area to much either. I move around a lot and this is where i am now. Thanks for showing off your huge county to me, im very impressed. Whn im down in florida ill look you up.

When i first came on here i thought you guys were actually knowledgeable, and may have been good or great riders. But seeing how you respond to "a nobody" makes me wonder, if you all aren't just all talk and no action. It would seem to make more sense since you guys are getting so worked up about defending yourself. If any of you were actually professionals you wouldn't even let it bother you. And seeing how many posts some of you have put up, i don't even think you have enough time to go riding. I don't even know why i keep posting stuff except for the fact that i'm being entertained by all of you.

If i'm just some kid and you guys are great "legends" then why do you even waste your time with me? Because your nobodys, thats why. Oh and thanks for the comments about my parents that shows a lot also. My parents are dead. And i only take a shower about every few months, so i think you guys would be scared(of the smell) of me, im happy i could clear everything up for all of you.