CBR1100XX.org Forum

how to lower '99 blackbird?

flexzan

Just a random thought flexzan.

New members join the board ALL the time and have a long, happy existence here.

The fact of the matter is, if you looked around, you'd realize that this is an online place where in-person friends chat.

Check out the rides section and you'll see it.

If I were you.. (and I'm not) I might ask myself how come hundreds of people come on this board and fit in PERFECTLY... yet you managed to have a couple dozen people hating you within your first couple posts?

Maybe we are professionals, maybe we aren't. Who are we to say?

But for whatever reason we all get along. SO much so that we ride (ok, well I trailer) but some guys ride 1000 miles one-way just to hook-up wiht a group of guys for the weekend?

So I don't know.. You'll have to decide for yourself... Couple hundred guys, all of whom were new at some point have made a great forum here.

Every once in a while someone comes in like you who doesn't have the social skills to do the same.

Maybe its us... Or maybe look in the mirror and ask yourself what you could have done differently?

I'm not a professional... but if I was... I'll bet I'd evaluate my behavior in this situation.

How could so many others come in, and assimilate so well yet you were despised within 4 or 5 posts?

hmmmmm

When i first came on here i thought you guys were actually knowledgeable, and may have been good or great riders. But seeing how you respond to "a nobody" makes me wonder, if you all aren't just all talk and no action. It would seem to make more sense since you guys are getting so worked up about defending yourself. If any of you were actually professionals you wouldn't even let it bother you. And seeing how many posts some of you have put up, i don't even think you have enough time to go riding. I don't even know why i keep posting stuff except for the fact that i'm being entertained by all of you.

First off kid, we did give you straight forward, truthful information. If your feelings got hurt because someone saw the lack of skill or confidence to do a job and told you the truth about it, you need to look at it for what it really is. The Truth!

I nor anyone else here wants to see anyone hurt because they lack the skill to do a job.

I have always tried to help everyone I can, Here, on the RC51 boards and in my local area. I work on bikes for free because most people dont have the knowledge, skill or tools to do the job. We all and I think I can speak for 99.9% of the members, want to see our sport grow. That is done by helping educate the younger folks that are just getting into motorcycling in all aspects. From mechanics, to riding tips, to group rides and social gatherings. None of us ever get to ride enough, but I think most of us ride more than the general population of motorcycle riders, yourself included. And your just entertainment for us, to be quite honest. Its guys like you that hurt this sport!

This is from a 42 yr old, middle aged man whos been riding bikes for 30+ yrs. and can run circles around you, But then what do I know! :roll:

Randy,

I remember when you put that link on, and then when it snapped shortly after. :shock:

If I remember correctly, it was some home-made job that a guy was selling out of his garage, wasn't it?

The Schnitz one looks to be constructed a lot better.

I rode it for about 1.5-2 yrs before having any problems with it. I dont know it it was home made or not, it could have been. It was simple enough. Hell I can make half the shit out on the internet nowadays, including the Schintz link, if I put my effort into it. I think the guy that I got it from was parting out his BB. I picked up a few things from him. I think he was from NY, its been along time ago and I've bought alot of shit since. Alot of this stuff, if you actually look at it is preatty simple to fab up. You just need a decent shop to work in and alittle effort.