CBR1100XX.org Forum

Best Aftermarket Screen?

Tipi

Hi All, As a newbie to the forum and also the bike i am looking now at replacing the front screen for a double bubble type and was wondering if anyone could advise me on which make to go for. I have been looking at the Zero Gravity ones and also Pyramid ones just to mention a couple but can't decide which ones are the best.

Chris

http://dave.antiflux.org/bird/windscreen/

Check out that site

The best part is you can or could get it at 15 bucks new from the distibuter. Duno if its still that cheep :) or how many they have sold but its worth a shot.They ended up charging me shipping so my screen was 20 :( I should have complained but I am lazy and its a long distance call so by the time I was on hold for 45 minutes it would have used most of it up heheheh.

It looks exactly like the one on my bike now and I am happy with it.

I just received my Cheetah SST windscreen for $15.95 sent too me.

I love the dark smoke look and is a really nice windscreen, I will snap a few pics of it and post them hopefully today..

Can't go wrong with $16 for a windscreen, only thing is I am 5'9" so if a crosswind does come along I get alittle bid of wobble from the wind..

Dave

I have a Cheetah SST (got hosed for 30 a year ago), but I usually use my powerbronze double bubble, as I think it looks better (MHO). Between the two, I really couldn't tell much difference between buffeting up to about 95. The faster you go, though, the worse the double bubbles become, as they're forcing more air around them, creating a low pressure area above the tank. I've almost had my compass sucked out of the map pocket of my Eclipse tank back doing around 95 a couple of times. Guess it all depends on your riding speeds & tastes.

I have a LP, ZG DB (not ST model) and a Chettah. None are very good at blocking the wind. I like the looks of the ZG DB on the bike though.

I hear good things about the Givi. Good luck.

i am looking now at replacing the front screen for a double bubble type and was wondering if anyone could advise me on which make to go for

You don't mention what year your Bird is. Mine is a 2001 and after using a Givi for more than a year I switched back to the OEM screen and am quite happy with it. I'm about 5'10" and the windblast coming over the 2001 OEM screen is more comfortable than the windblast coming over the Givi.

As a few others have said try the Cheetah SST it cost me 60$ Canadian from national cycle, including shipping brokerage tax all that crap and still was 20$ cheaper than anywhere else around here.

front_after.jpg

I like my PowerBronze double bubble screen.

Good wind deflection for my height (5'-10")

Strong (thick) - very good quality in the dyeing

process (mine was done in a custom very deep red) and it

came out great.

I've had all these, and my order of preference/protection level would be:

Givi

Cheetah

Stock

Double Bubble varieties (had ZG and Powerbronze)

I still have the Powerbronze, anybody want it cheap?

update since my cheetah install: got the credit card bill, they tacked on shipping so total ended up being $20. ah well, not worth complaining about as scubajohn mentioned. if you want a cheetah, hurry up before they fix the price! :cool:

Thanks for that,yep i forgot to mention the year of my bird, it is a 99 1100xx-x model, i must admit that those pictures of the screens which some of you guys have fitted look quite tasty, i better start looking into where my nearest supplier is.

Chris

Yep, it's still $15.95 and if you choose CA first and change to US, it doesn't add shipping. I ordered one, what the heck, it's $16-20 for a screeen. I also have the GIVI but didn't like it for my taste. Any takers? Used it only once during the trip to Santa Rosa lasy year.

I did the canada then Ca thing my computer printed recipt shows 0 shipping charges but they charged my CC the 5 bucks for shipping anyways. I know its an easy fight to win but the time it takes to call be put on hold anda wait on a long distance call just is not worth it. I guess I could send an email :) heheh.

But even at 20 I am not complaing.