CBR1100XX.org Forum

after market exhaust whats the best?

scott s.

Depends on what you want.

Fit and Finish?

Noise?

Power?

Most don't offer much as far as HP gain. Some are louder than others(D&D).

Go for what fits your budget and bling factor.

I had dual 2 bros cans on my XX. The sound was awesome--a crisp clear imagunnakillya sound--and the look is also fantastic. Akrapovic is also great. While I think they look better than stackers, D&D cans are kinda plain to me--but they are probably the loudest. Those dual triangle yosh cans look pretty hot on the XX, I don't know what they sound like though.

Are you looking for full system or slip-ons? If it's slip-ons check out Scorpions...no repacking needed and a welded bracket on left mid-pipe to attach your factory rubber bumper for the centerstand stop. My only complaint is two of the provided clamps were too small. I used the stock clamp from mid-pipe to header and the larger of the provided clamps for the slip-on to mid-pipe connection. Sound is excellent...deep and mellow and not too loud.

Are you looking for full system or slip-ons? If it's slip-ons check out Scorpions...no repacking needed and a welded bracket on left mid-pipe to attach your factory rubber bumper for the centerstand stop. My only complaint is two of the provided clamps were too small. I used the stock clamp from mid-pipe to header and the larger of the provided clamps for the slip-on to mid-pipe connection. Sound is excellent...deep and mellow and not too loud.

My 2 cents, Two Bro C5 Titanium slip ons. You'll save perhaps 8-10 lbs, keep the symetry of the Birds rear end, they look cool, sound excellent. They are pricy, $1300 Canadian. I don't recommend Carbon Fibre, I guess I should duck my head to avoid the pot shots, I say, go for titanium although be careful how you clean them. Also for what it's worth, Two Bro recommends C5 not smaller on litre bikes. Cheers

I like my blueflames

Mind if I ask how much you paid for 'em and how's the sound?? Do you have the removable baffles?? I'd love to get a pair of cans with the duel outlets and have some high mount mid-pipes made. Just have to find the right can.

Thanks- UJ

I think i paid about 500 bucks for the slip-ons from streetfighters by design, who no longer carry the blueflames. The sound is pretty good. Not as loud as D&D. The bike actually sounds a lot like a Hayabusa with D&D's but not as loud.

These are the street mufflers with no removable baffles.

Blueflame does make a high-mount with dual outlets, but i'm not sure if they make it for the bird.

I think i paid about 500 bucks for the slip-ons from streetfighters by design, who no longer carry the blueflames. The sound is pretty good. Not as loud as D&D. The bike actually sounds a lot like a Hayabusa with D&D's but not as loud.

These are the street mufflers with no removable baffles.

Blueflame does make a high-mount with dual outlets, but i'm not sure if they make it for the bird.

wow.. have I not been around or is that really cheap for two slipons? I checked the manufacturers website and I believe they wanted something like $650 for one dual outlet can? I'd probably get titanium though :)

Gotta say though, they do look really hot and if they compare to D&D, they gotta have a nice loud sound.

-Chris

I got a great deal on those pipes. Streetfighters severed their relationship with Blueflame and they were trying to move the inventory. They didn't have much demand for the pipes for the bird i guess.

They're rather throaty yet not as loud as D&D's but to me that's a good thing.

Don't know about BF's recent exhaust sytems though. Mine is a generation older than what's out now. They came with a blueflame sticker that was really easy to peel off. Now it looks like they use that riveted badge emblem that I hate.

Yosh RS3 here. Great fit and finish, nice growl when you get on the throttle and not nearly as loud as D&D.

Exact same with my bike. Louder than the slip-ons but not obnoxiously so...a lot quieter than the V&H Supersport system I've got on my CB900F. Perfect sound IMHO.