CBR1100XX.org Forum

Posted (edited)

This bike is near perfect. 2012
SWMotech bags, givi topcase, rox risers, barkbusters, sw motech engine guards, triumph radiator guard, kaoko throttle lock and madstad screen, Sargent seat, triumph gel seat and stock seat. Probably something I forgot.  It has 8k miles. 
$5500.

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1616.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg

Edited by 86gn
  • Upvote 4

This is the bike I should have purchased in Oct of 2017 when I instead bought a 2012 Tiger 1200 Adventurer. I'd likely still have it with a bunch more smiles.

I have some sentimental attachment to it but my riding has been little to none for a while. Maybe I’ll find something fun to scratch the itch if it sells. 
This was my dealer’s personal bike that I stumbled across several years ago. I was friends with him and this is about the last bike he had before he committed suicide. 

23 hours ago, 86gn said:

This bike is near perfect. 2012
SWMotech bags, givi topcase, rox risers, barkbusters, sw motech engine guards, triumph radiator guard, kaoko throttle lock and madstad screen, Sargent seat, triumph gel seat and stock seat. Probably something I forgot.  It has 8k miles. 
$5500.

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1616.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg

Love the color, and that looks like a pretty nice deal.  I have been debating getting a dual sport after I get rid of the Concours.

On 6/5/2024 at 7:52 PM, 02XXCA said:

getting a dual sport after I get rid of the Concours

Need Both

• Upvote 1

The Tiger doesn’t sit that high. The seat is adjustable and the Sargent is the low version. I’m 5’5 and comfortable with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

15 hours ago, 86gn said:

The Tiger doesn’t sit that high. The seat is adjustable and the Sargent is the low version. I’m 5’5 and comfortable with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

‘I chuckled at the “it sits too high comment.”  Maybe Mike was thinking of the Tiger 1200.

1 hour ago, TOXXIC said:

‘I chuckled at the “it sits too high comment.”  Maybe Mike was thinking of the Tiger 1200.

Could be.

On 6/11/2024 at 8:32 AM, TOXXIC said:

Maybe Mike was thinking of the Tiger 1200.

Or maybe he was simply thinking, you know how that goes.

• 2 weeks later...

It's gone. Not sure how I feel about not having a motorcycle for the first time since I was twelve.

If I can I would like to replace it with something fun, maybe a Tuono or another Speed Triple.

• Upvote 1

That would be scary not having at least one to jump on when nice riding days come around.  Riding brings a certain pleasure that is different from anything else. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 86gn said:

It's gone. Not sure how I feel about not having a motorcycle for the first time since I was twelve.

I find myself getting itchy and a bit (extra) cunty.

11 hours ago, 86gn said:

If I can I would like to replace it with something fun, maybe a Tuono or another Speed Triple.

I was shockingly disappointed in the Tuono I rode at MotoGP.  It would be a lower choice than the CF Moto.  Of course a big part is something many don't care about; electronics.  They were from the 90s.  But also just all around it felt unrefined and not in a "character" way.  Just meh.  

Africa Twin?  A++  100% of people would ride again.

The Suzuki was surprisingly good.

On 7/2/2024 at 6:40 PM, 86gn said:

‘kind of relieved. Kept waking up dreaming about your bike.