CBR1100XX.org Forum

$1,325.25 off MSRP (SOLD SOLD SOLD)

Or…$1,325.25 off what I paid. Purchased from TAG Direct. All papers, cards included. This will cost me $100 just to ship. 

Watch is new. Leather travel case included. 

IMG_5421.jpeg

IMG_5422.jpeg

IMG_5423.jpeg

IMG_5424.jpeg

IMG_5425.jpeg

IMG_5406.jpeg

IMG_5520.jpeg

IMG_5521.jpeg

IMG_5522.jpeg

Edited by DaveK

It's a nice watch in impeccable condition, and I'd love to help you out of your financial woes, but I'll have to decline as I wouldn't want to devalue my collection by adding a lowly Tag watch to the pile of good stuff.

Just fucking with you, clearly.

Every once in a while I feel like getting a nice watch, but I feel that I'd need to get a fairly worn one from a brand like Rolex or Petek.  Something I could occasionally enjoy that would hold value even if I put some wear marks on it.  Unfortunately, that probably means paying a lot more for a much more worn piece than this.

• Haha 1

I just don't wear watches anymore.  I love them, I just don't wear them.  I never had a really good watch - an entry-level Breitling quartz for a while.  Seems a shame for a nice watch like that Tag to just sit in a case in a closet, I entirely get the sentiment that it deserves to get worn by someone.  

On 3/19/2024 at 7:20 AM, IcePrick said:

I just don't wear watches anymore.  I love them, I just don't wear them.  I never had a really good watch - an entry-level Breitling quartz for a while.  Seems a shame for a nice watch like that Tag to just sit in a case in a closet, I entirely get the sentiment that it deserves to get worn by someone.  

+1

I love watches and am brutally cruel to them, forgetting to take them off when changing oil,etc. my EDC is a 33 year old Seiko Automatic. My Tag and nicer watches rest in drawers so they aren’t scratched and come out for special occasions, then I forget to put them on and old trusty Seiko gets to go to the gala.

As Oscar said not driving the nice car or wearing the fancy watch to “save it for the next guy…is like having a beautiful female partner and …..” 😂

Gorgeous watch Dave, good luck with the sale.

Thrilling packaging?

I think I'd want to close it back up and open it again every week or so, cheap thrills.

11 hours ago, 86gn said:

Wow. If life was a little different right now I would consider it.

Talk to me... to have it go to someone here would make me very happy. 

If interested... 

8 hours ago, OMG said:

Thrilling packaging?

I think I'd want to close it back up and open it again every week or so, cheap thrills.

Dude, the boxes and packaging I can guarantee cost them $100+, easily.   Crazy packaging. 

Beautiful watch.  I love Tags.  I have three myself.  Actually four, but one I lost the crown and I can not find a replacement, so it is a "parts" watch.  

If only I could justify getting one more...

51 minutes ago, tecman said:

Beautiful watch.  I love Tags.  I have three myself.  Actually four, but one I lost the crown and I can not find a replacement, so it is a "parts" watch.  

If only I could justify getting one more...

If you get the urge... let's talk. 

• DaveK changed the title to $1,325.25 off MSRP (SOLD SOLD SOLD)
2 hours ago, DaveK said:

Wow, Ebay got Expensive :)

image.png.d2427c6240142a004a1181b2810ba868.png

Dude it's become pretty fucked, to where trade-ins make more sense on some high end stuff.

It seems so. I still got a couple thousand for it but damn - I’d hate to see the price tag to sell a really expensive item. 

Surprised they are still in business. Maybe I’ve just not kept up with the newer, less expensive alternative places to sell stuff on. I mostly throw stuff out these days. 

About to toss $400 Fiat seat covers and a $300 car cover because of this. 

Maybe I can find someone who has a Miata that wants it. 

Well, some money is better than no money?  I find eBay easy and safe, which is why they are in business.  If I had to sell on FB I'd put the stuff in the trash instead.  CL is ok for some things, a disaster for other things.  So yeah, I guess we answered why they can charge a lot.

So this is like that escrow thing that used to be popular for large eBay sales in the 90s and early 2000s?  They hold the cash and check the product, then complete the transfer?  Was that fee included in those fees above?  I hadn't heard of this being a thing lately, but it may solve a problem.  I've still got a bunch of my mom's jewelry that was once worth something, and now seems worthless according to the online buyer/reseller companies.  And it's so hard to authenticate and all, though I do have certificates for some.  It's all in a pile, nobody has sentimental attachment (other than the primary items like wedding rings).

Like, how did you get started with listing an item that needs this service?

15 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

I have 17 boxes of stamps my dad collected…ready to burn them or toss them in the landfill, but they have value which is annoying as it is a limiting factor in getting rid of them.  Wish he had collected coins or guns….stamps of the world.

6 minutes ago, TOXXIC said:

I have 17 boxes of stamps my dad collected…ready to burn them or toss them in the landfill, but they have value which is annoying as it is a limiting factor in getting rid of them.  Wish he had collected coins or guns….stamps of the world.

Go to a STAMP show... and UNLOAD !  Done.

23 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

So this is like that escrow thing that used to be popular for large eBay sales in the 90s and early 2000s?  They hold the cash and check the product, then complete the transfer?  Was that fee included in those fees above?  I hadn't heard of this being a thing lately, but it may solve a problem.  I've still got a bunch of my mom's jewelry that was once worth something, and now seems worthless according to the online buyer/reseller companies.  And it's so hard to authenticate and all, though I do have certificates for some.  It's all in a pile, nobody has sentimental attachment (other than the primary items like wedding rings).

Needs this service.... it's MANDATORY. I have no choice.  I don't even get the buyers address.  Let me check on the fee.