CBR1100XX.org Forum

Have any of you used the online Clymer/Haynes service manuals?

SwampNut

Seems like a nice resource, to be able to see things in high res color, and watch videos.  Are you able to print a section also?  That wasn't apparent in their description.  Handling my iPad with greasy fingers or gloved hands is not an option.

$45 for permanent online access, $60 for online plus normal printed book.

Factory workshop manuals can be found for free on www. And you can print specific pages. Trying to make sense out of wiring diagram while looking at your smartphone sucks.

Search specific bike forums. They are way better than Clymer.

Having said that usefulness depends on complexity of work to be done. For relatively simple things Clymer is OK, for something sophisticated like engine overhaul OEM workshop manual is worth its price. 

Counterfeit OEM workshop manuals can also also be found on eBay. In paper form or on CD.

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Seems like a nice resource, to be able to see things in high res color, and watch videos.  Are you able to print a section also?  That wasn't apparent in their description.  Handling my iPad with greasy fingers or gloved hands is not an option.

$45 for permanent online access, $60 for online plus normal printed book.

Are those prices for each manual, or access to all the manuals?

Edited by jon haney

1 minute ago, superhawk996 said:

I hope the seller isn't a crackhead.

Or a fucking Cuban jew.  Did you ever figure out if you had changed the oil?

I bought the manual, it's good.  Well organized, super easy to search, and yes you can print sections.  I much prefer to print things than to use a book.  The book is harder to flip through, and you don't want to fuck it up with oil and shit.  Printed paper can be laid out side by side to see a whole process, and you can fuck it up all you want.  Also, I have a monster printer, so I can print them at nearly 3x the size of a book.  That is incredibly useful for many things.

CEC17417-E337-47CA-A991-DF473A14D4A3_1_102_o.jpeg

• Upvote 1

According to the manual, there's a filter and two screens, and a complex changing process.  I'll run down to Screwy Louie's for a filter, they always have advice that's better than the manual.

Pennzoil, Royal Purple, or Crisco?