CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stainless steel anti-theft cargo net for gear or whatever

5 hours ago, DaveK said:

Fearful someone would steal all your valuable belongings?  Like the 1983 Mazda or the 2001 Prius?

2013…and not all of us can afford to buy a new car when it’s due for an oil change like you can.

54 minutes ago, Zero Knievel said:

2013…and not all of us can afford to buy a new car when it’s due for an oil change like you can.

So, if I understand you correctly - you are chaining your garage doors shut from the inside to protect a 10 year old hybrid Toyota?  Is this because they are highly sought after vehicles by thieves or is said vehicle filled with cash that someone might want?

Edited by DaveK

3 hours ago, DaveK said:

So, if I understand you correctly - you are chaining your garage doors shut from the inside to protect a 10 year old hybrid Toyota?  Is this because they are highly sought after vehicles by thieves or is said vehicle filled with cash that someone might want?

The garage would provide an ideal spot to cart stuff out of the house, and yeah…the pickup truck, the Prius, my BMW.  An easy $70K to replace.  For you, that’s pocket change.

On 10/24/2023 at 12:13 PM, Zero Knievel said:

He's aware of that Zero, but he's an asshole to the core, and his raging NPD forces his dick behavior and insulting people soothes his fucked up insecurities and self loathing.

12 hours ago, XXBirdSlapper said:

He's aware of that Zero, but he's an asshole to the core, and his raging NPD forces his dick behavior and insulting people soothes his fucked up insecurities and self loathing.

Hey brother - hope you are gearing  up for an awesome weekend.  Weather is going to be kick ass... planning anything fun with the family or friends?  Bike ride, hike... fishing?  Wish you well... and love you man. 

On 10/24/2023 at 5:21 PM, Zero Knievel said:

The garage would provide an ideal spot to cart stuff out of the house, and yeah…the pickup truck, the Prius, my BMW.  An easy $70K to replace.  For you, that’s pocket change.

You should really consider armed guards while away from the house if you are going to those lengths.  Doesn't insurance provide protection from theft?  If you are going to such lengths to chain your garage shut from the inside... might I consider moving to a safer neighborhood?  Sound's pretty dangerous there.

3 hours ago, DaveK said:

You should really consider armed guards while away from the house if you are going to those lengths.  Doesn't insurance provide protection from theft?  If you are going to such lengths to chain your garage shut from the inside... might I consider moving to a safer neighborhood?  Sound's pretty dangerous there.

Yeah, right.

Ever have to replace stuff via insurance?  Will it be worth the effort saved by not caring to prevent the theft in the first place?

Ever have to replace stuff via insurance?

Twice.

Will it be worth the effort saved by not caring to prevent the theft in the first place?

Yes, I came out better than whole, with new stuff.

Is it worth the effort to always believe that the world is ending and wasting a shitload of time on prepping, and then nothing happens?

4 hours ago, DaveK said:

Hey brother - hope you are gearing  up for an awesome weekend.  Weather is going to be kick ass... planning anything fun with the family or friends?  Bike ride, hike... fishing?  Wish you well... and love you man. 

The only good thing about you quoting the narcissistic asshole is that I have no idea if he's talking about you, or me, or both, and I hope it's both.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zero Knievel said:

Ever have to replace stuff via insurance? 

Yes, my wife lost her engagement ring down the bathroom sink.  I think my homeowners cut me a check in about 18 days for full value replacement after deductible. 

2 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Yes, my wife lost her engagement ring down the bathroom sink.  I think my homeowners cut me a check in about 18 days for full value replacement after deductible. 

But you had a laminated receipt, right?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 8:18 AM, Zero Knievel said:

Yeah, right.

Ever have to replace stuff via insurance?  Will it be worth the effort saved by not caring to prevent the theft in the first place?

All my vehicles have the key in the ignition, the garage doors are open, and the house doors are only closed because it got cold out.  A while back while I was out of town my roomie did the 'smart' thing and locked the house on his way out.  When I got home I was briefly fucked 'till I remembered that I keep a key to the back door on a shelf in the patio.  The laziness does have a downside, when you leave your old wooden garage door open forever it starts to sag in the middle.