CBR1100XX.org Forum

*SOLD* 1997 CBR1100XX Blackbird for sale

As a platform, she's a legend, but showing her age.  Everything has changed since she was designed and built.  She'll still leave you with a smile, but it's more nostalgic now than pure "wow" from performance.  Others have far eclipsed her.

Glad that yours went to someone who will enjoy it.  I'll ride mine this spring, then maybe list it locally.  Running out of room and I have projects that need garage space to get into.  That, and I no longer travel across the country alone to go to weddings and birthday parties.

31 minutes ago, Chewtoy said:

Last word: Throw your leg over something more current.  You'll be shocked.  After getting my Aprilia Tuono and KTM Super Duke, the Blackbird was unrideable.

Well yeah, and a stock bird had shit suspension to start with, also, even for its time.  I'd love to have some time side by side with a stock-ish one and the Zero next to each other, because I think certain characteristics are so much the same.  Could be nostalgia talking.  I had always described the XX's power delivery as electric.  My only recent XX rides have been highly modded ones with mods that were not my thing.

I'm so accustomed to every sale being half way across the country that I didn't bother getting excited about it, and just noticed that he's local, dammit.

On 4/4/2024 at 10:38 AM, IcePrick said:

As a platform, she's a legend, but showing her age.  Everything has changed since she was designed and built.  She'll still leave you with a smile, but it's more nostalgic now than pure "wow" from performance.  Others have far eclipsed her.

Glad that yours went to someone who will enjoy it.  I'll ride mine this spring, then maybe list it locally.  Running out of room and I have projects that need garage space to get into.  That, and I no longer travel across the country alone to go to weddings and birthday parties.

I'm not nostalgic about ICE vehicles unless there is something unique in technical areas, design, etc. 

So, I have second gen rx7 turbo, because of engine- Wankel. Turbine smooth. 

Also, I still have 2004 R1. It was last generation with 5 valves. Yamaha went 4 valves starting in 2007. 5 valves offer unique, sharper throttle response due to the nature of intake flow of 3 valves vs. 2 valves. 

We in era of pussification of motorcycle markets, 600s and 1000s race replicas don't sell, and Japanese are dropping those bikes one by one. I'll probably keep my cross plane 2016 R1 since it is, most likely going dinosaur. Unique engine design.

Gonna have to convert from track to street bike. 

On the other hand I was not emotionally attached to XX, it was pretty typical bike for the era. 

On 4/7/2024 at 4:46 AM, superhawk996 said:

I'm so accustomed to every sale being half way across the country that I didn't bother getting excited about it, and just noticed that he's local, dammit.

San Antonio, Texas

I think he hasn't updated his profile from San Clemente....ad narrative says he's in Texas.

3 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

San Antonio, Texas

I think he hasn't updated his profile from San Clemente....ad narrative says he's in Texas.

Thanks, I feel better.