CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hobby car starter kits

XXitanium

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/for/d/saint-paul-1969-plymouth-barracuda/7656935328.html

"1969 Plymouth Barracuda/cuda A56 option. Bought this car for parts for another project. body was too far gone to restore. PARTED OUT CAR!!!! Have 90% of pats from car. and some Extra parts i have been saving just incase i find another body. would like to sell as a package deal for all cuda parts. B5 blue car with B5 blue interior.
Parts I Have are:
340 engine with x heads(locked up)
complete 4 speed set up.
4 speed console
4 speed console shifter
8 and 3/4 with 3:23 posi rear gear.
Drive shaft.
bucket seats with headrests.
rear seats
very nice dash assembly pulled out of junk yard car 30+ years ago + original dash parts.
Hood (no hood scoops used on other project).
doors Lt and Rt.
engine K-Member with swaybar and lt and rt front suspension parts.
Header panel X2
grills.
tail lights
finish panel x2
radiator with shroud
plus exterior trim and interior pieces.
you get all barracuda parts i have for one low price.
Parts are in storage best to come see in person I don't want to dig each individual part out for pics unless you are serious. selling each part individually is worth way more than I am asking for the whole lot. Buy it all and you can sell it individually and make some money. $4750 for everything"

00A0A_3giwp8x1siW_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Every once in a while I look on Craigslist for a cheap pre-smog (1975 and older) car to do a project build on.  Something lightweight I can put a decent engine in to have a fun toy.  For power I've considered using an old V-6 2 smoke outboard, sorta retarded, but it would sound super cool and be a compact motor with a good power/weight ratio.

I'm 5'11" and as I stated previously it's easier to fall in and out of that car than to attempt to enter and exit it.  But I have arthritic knees.  The worst part is not the ingress/egress, it's the driving, as rear visibility is laughable and that front end is like swinging an aircraft carrier around because of the bulges in the fenders and the length of the nose is a lot farther than you realize.

The last one I touched for inspection I had to do an assigned VIN on for the state because the original VIN was rusting off of the windshield frame.  Those cars do have steel in them and they will rust.  Badly.  Just like every other GM of that vintage if left to the elements.  When I tried to get the frame stamp I honestly thought it had come from a salt state.  But the fact was it had just been left outside and somebody thought they were going to restore it.  Be very wary as blackhawk says.  The words "no major rust" is always a red flag in my book.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Furbird said:

I'm 5'11" and as I stated previously it's easier to fall in and out of that car than to attempt to enter and exit it.  

...sorry, my memory is starting to turn to swiss cheese.

I'll see if I can make it stick. My Subaru Legacy is a little tough to get in-and-out of like that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 10:21 AM, superhawk996 said:

For power I've considered using an old V-6 2 smoke outboard, sorta retarded, but it would sound super cool and be a compact motor with a good power/weight ratio.

But very poor fuel mileage.

9 hours ago, jon haney said:

But very poor fuel mileage.

We don't worry about that where we're going.  Most of my fuel evaporates out of my stuff before it actually burns.  So my MPG is probably negative in a couple of vehicles at this point 🤣

13 hours ago, Furbird said:

We don't worry about that where we're going.  Most of my fuel evaporates out of my stuff before it actually burns.  So my MPG is probably negative in a couple of vehicles at this point 🤣

Same evaporation issue with my '84 E250 cargo van (5.8L HO) w/40K original miles. I drive it so rarely that I had to install a switch-activated auxiliary inline electric fuel pump to fill/prime the Holley's float bowls before cranking the 351 over. I never paid that much attention to fuel mileage (twin tanks, about 40 gal.) but I think I get about 15 mpg (empty); load two street bikes and that drops to about 12-13 mpg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For you Mustang guys that have some time to kill, check out the show called Demon on Wheels. It's about a guy that has a '68 Mustang that he's been hanging on to since the day. Now he's restoring it.

I'm watching it on Prime.

Whyhttps://m.imdb.com/title/tt2562880/

Edited by XXitanium
  • Like 1