CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hobby car starter kits

XXitanium

Super Bee would be a killer build... but that is most DEFINITELY not the "original VIN" as they are claiming.  That plate is not original, but does display the numbers that are stamped and the fender tag.

14 hours ago, XXitanium said:

I probably wouldn't do it as an original. Anyway. I'd like to do it so I could get what  I have into it back out of it though.

That means I have to buy it right.

...and more importantly, rebuild it right.  Adhering to a low budget while creating something with enough buyer appeal would be tough.  If you could DIY the majority of the project you'd probably have a winner.  If you sent it to a shop for a 'pro' restoration you'd probably be upside down by a fair bit.  Almost every project car I've seen for sale is offered well below cost.

5 hours ago, XXitanium said:

This is kind of tripping me up.

Pickup:
Free local pickup from Boise, Idaho, United States. See detailsfor pickup
Shipping:
See item description for shipping details
Located in: Boise, Idaho, United States

We do not own this vehicle, vehicle is not located in boise.

That broker BS gets on my nerves.  Some guy who doesn't want to deal with ebay and 1000 questions pays somebody to list it then just collects the check to dump his barn car and gets what he gets.  The broker gets the exorbitant fees.  So you think you're buying a car in Nevada and it turns out it's in Montana.  Or Illinois. 

On 7/9/2023 at 9:59 AM, XXitanium said:

Agree, but I thought it a decent probability that someone just bought it outright?

It could be that someone showed up with cash and snagged it.  Or that his listing was inaccurate and he decided to pull it to not get boned.  Or it wasn't getting the action that he hoped so he pulled it to try a different venue.  Or someone 'testing the waters' to see if he should sell it or not.  Or he just had a change of heart.  I've run across all the above and then some.

The guy I bought my green Jeep from snagged it away from Ebay by showing up at the seller's door with a bag of cash.  Years later when I sold it the buyer remembered it in detail, apparently he was going to buy it 'till it mysteriously vanished from Ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL - yeah, I was just telling a friend about the time I tried to sit in a friend's Lotus Elise.

I squeezed in behind the steering wheel and caught my child bearing hips on the recaro seats.

I never really got to "sitting". I couldn't contort back out the drivers door. I had to lurch over and crawl out the passenger door, kind of ugly bear crawl.