CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blackbirds

silverbird1100

Looks like a stock arm that was beefed up, I don't think that would negatively impact it other than adding a little unsprung mass.  No idea how much stiffening it helps.

2 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Looks like a stock arm that was beefed up, I don't think that would negatively impact it other than adding a little unsprung mass.  No idea how much stiffening it helps.

I believe that's a 929 swing arm.  Seems like it would mess with the angle

On 2/19/2024 at 2:57 PM, silverbird1100 said:

428601955_7666679290018110_3648994756745288745_n.jpg

This builder knows what they are doing.  That is the cleanest looking naked BB I have ever seen.  Guessing that is a Busa front end.

2 hours ago, jon haney said:

This builder knows what they are doing.  That is the cleanest looking naked BB I have ever seen.  Guessing that is a Busa front end.

The crappy collector/headpipe connection took my attention away from the rest of the bike, but your post brought me to look again.  It is pretty cool.

12 hours ago, jon haney said:

I know beauty is in the eye and all that stuff but I'm not seeing that at all.  I think Birds are way too good looking to screw up like that but each to his own.

Edited by blackhawkxx

2 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

I know beauty is in the eye and all that stuff but I'm not seeing that at all.  I think Birds are way too good looking to screw up like that but each to his own.

But you gotta appreciate the oil heater.

They mounted the cooler behind the header.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

I don't disagree, but most of the ones I've seen are just "removed parts", jacked up tails, or total hack jobs.  This one I would ride.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

They mounted the cooler behind the header.

Reminds me of the car with the radiator shroud mounted to the radiator with...sheet metal screws.

On 2/21/2024 at 3:41 PM, TFT said:

Where did you find this pic?

I'd like to see more pics from different angles

I asked him about the build and he sent me this:

,it is a 98 xx blackbird,my mechanic build it for me,the tail is its own but cutten and rebuild it,the oil cooler is lower and behind the water cooler,the headlight I don't remember from what it is,the fork from cbr1000 rr the steering wheel from Ducati i don't know the model ,the rims from rr and the rear fender from BMW GS.

• Like 1

Found this on FB:

"Very sad to say after a three month home paint project on the bird I got an offer and with lots of communication went for the delivery in Grand Junction CO from over by Denver. It was a little chilly over Vail Pass but warm and dry sweepers the last third to GJ. It turned out to be a team fraud and the guy took off on my bike with my wallet, phone, and everything inside the tank bag and tail. He headed west towards fruita but could be anywhere with in an hour. Please keep your eyes out for her. It was painted after the 30th anniversary Fireblade. Characteristics are license plate tucked all the way up with LED lights. Skunkworks sticker under the back tail. Carved wing ankle gaurds. And remoded lights in nostrils as running lights. GJ Police are working it but low hope. Thanks everyone around there!"

Follow up: 

Huge thanks to allowing me to post the stolen Bird! Someone who saw the pics was a friend to guy who did a trade his car for the bird. After seeing it and recognizing it he convinced his buddy to call it in. I had quite a drive with my trailer to get it yesterday at the tow yard! Left at 7am and back at 9PM. Monarch Pass was the south route dur to I70 being snowed in Vail Pass! There's some small damage I can repair and will be spiffing for resale. It ended up being a $450 trip but got her back.

Before and after pics:

430022858_10232373203939824_6731620264180846108_n.jpg

428692266_10232389219460202_661688600879019650_n.jpg