CBR1100XX.org Forum

Best Full Exhaust for XX?

KawRider

I've got the TBR ovals in stainless on my bird. Just slip ons though, wanted to keep the dual, but not break the bank on a full setup. I've had em for about a year and a half, no problems. Nice mellow idle note, with a loud rasp around redline :twisted:

I have yet to see any claims that an aftermarket exhaust header is "better" then the stock on the XX. That withstanding, my favorite is TiForce.

TBR claims 6 to 8hp gain with the use of their slip-ons. That would be for the 1999 and 2000 models. Have to check their web site for info on the other model years.

Akra!!

As far as weight savings I dropped 17 lbs. with slip ons and the centerstand is good for another 4lbs. I imagine a full system would offer even greater weight savings.

When you compare the 2 Bros. with the Micron, the Micron is about a half-inch larger in diameter where it joins the can. This has gotta mean better flow - the music is about the same, but the PCII map is better for the Micron (unless you alter it).

On a stock motor, the Akra will produce decent results, and a significant weight savings over stock. Quality is great, too.

On a modified motor, or for maximum gain, you can't beat the TiForce system. Tapered head pipes, large piping, etc. Plus, it's totally titanium, and weights less than 9lbs! :shock: Spacecraft quality, too.

Supposedly good for 10-12hp on a stock motor.

The only problem with the TiForce is the price. $1195 for a full system, and add another $100 for a rainbow finish on the ti can. The Akra can be had for $750.

The stock header is very restrictive, and has glass packing in the collector area. The biggest problem with the stocker is where it splits in two behind the engine, forcing a 90deg turn in the exhaust flow. Welds are intrusive to the ports as well, hurting flow.

If you want performance, go with a full system. If you want looks & sound, go with slip-ons.

My $.02