CBR1100XX.org Forum

Slip ons without a power commander, whats your thoughts?

FDchief

I purchased my 2001 with a set of Micron slip ons. No PCII yet, wondering if I really need it. A slight bit of a worble when the throttle is chopped, but no back firing. Pulls hard all through the Rs, what do you guys think?

20043242193813060605316.jpg

Looks good! :grin:

Mine ran fine without the PC, but ran better with it. Even stock bikes run nicer with a PC installed.

My pipes were pretty black without the PC, but cleaned up once I finally had one installed. The midrange seems to get rich with the slip-ons, for some reason.

Northman, my exhaust also looks a little black, am sure the PC would fix this. I wonder if there is any possibility of fouling plugs running this mixture?

When you got your PC did you just install it as stock, or did you download another map? Where did you mount yours? Thanks for the help.

I have a 99 and installed a pcII. I highly recommend installing one, the bike runs so much better and crisper. I don't have any aftermarket exhaust knowing how the bike reacts to the pcII I can't see not having one with any modifications.

Just my .02

Bike looks great!

My bike has a full Yoshi. RS3 exhaust and a K&N filter. When I bought the bike, it had this setup. I was getting 30 to 33 mpg and the tail pipe was sooty black. Had this setup Dyno'ed with EGA...the air/fuel ratio was perfectly flat "good"...HP was 140 with 80 ftlbs torque.

I removed the PC2. Gas mileage went to 38 mpg and seat of the pants felt torqueier??. Tail pipe is still sooty black after my 85mph hwy. run.

Went to the local Honda dealer today that has a new Dynojet 250 and had an indepth discussion with the lead mechanic who runs the dyno and tunes roadrace sponsored bikes for the dealer...We are going to do a baseline with no PC2 and the install the PC and tune again if there appears to be room to gain HP and still keep gas mileage friendly.

My bike runs fine without the PC2...but I'll post the results after the Dyno tuning.

Porter

kinda off topic but when you get a powercommander, what map comes with it if any? and what will you gain by just having a pc with a stock bike?

You can download any map from the website. I have a stock bike with a K&N airfilter. I bought a PCII used and downloaded a map for advanced timing and a K&N (meaning you have to run 93 octane or higher) and was SHOCKED by the "seat of the pants" performance boost. I believe they come with the stock map in place but not sure.

• 2 years later...

My bike has a full Yoshi. RS3 exhaust and a K&N filter. When I bought the bike, it had this setup. I was getting 30 to 33 mpg and the tail pipe was sooty black. Had this setup Dyno'ed with EGA...the air/fuel ratio was perfectly flat "good"...HP was 140 with 80 ftlbs torque.

It is very possible the a/f ratio checked out fine on the dyno, but don't let it fool you. When your bike is on a dyno, most likely the dyno operator is only checking the a/f ratio at 100% throttle all the way to redline. However, it could be off-the-scale rich at idle and other part throttle positions. This probably explains why your tailpipes are sooty black; most likely your bike is rich around the 2-5% throttle position range (where you spend most of the time just cruising along), but fine at 100%.