CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS 1999 CBR1100XX

They say "If you love something, let it go." I have only ridden her about a 150 miles since I bought the Triumph. :( She deserves better.

About 46K on the odo. Extras not obvious in the pictures are: Racetech 1.0 fork springs and compression gold valves up front, stock rear shock with bigger spring for 200 lb. rider, Shift kit, metal chain guard, VFR bars, full De-link on the brakes w/stainless lines up front, EBC pads, powder-coated wheels & other stuff. Anything you see black that was silver from the factory is powder-coated except for the fork lowers. The Corbin seat has a backrest included.

$3900 OBO.

SOLD! I'm going to miss her.

post-1134-0-36377400-1395338555_thumb.jp

post-1134-0-10825100-1395338573_thumb.jp

post-1134-0-66907400-1395338592_thumb.jp

post-1134-0-45251200-1395338611_thumb.jp

post-1134-0-32231900-1395338620_thumb.jp

post-1134-0-79771600-1395338630_thumb.jp

post-1134-0-42711000-1395338663_thumb.jp

Edited by jon haney

I hate this timed editing thing.

I wanted to add that this bike has never been dumped, but there are some very minor scratches on the bottom side of the lowers from getting aggressive at a track day. A 4mm shim under the shock mount permanently fixed that problem.

I hate the sound of crickets. Don't think I'm too high on the price, at least to start. Is the market just flat at the moment?

I even have the owners manual, both original keys, Honda tool-kit, even the tool strap is an original and still makes a complete circle. Also have some nice accessories I was planning on selling separately, but could throw in if it makes the deal. Can even change the exhaust to a full Yosh RS-3, but will then have to keep the stock system for my other Bird.

This is NOT the BlackBird I drag race.

I don't know what the going rate is for a '99, but I suspect the market isn't all that and hasn't been for a while. It is a 15-year-old model. Lots of people would think twice assuming that "newer must be better."

Yeah, reality is older bikes are getting tougher to sell at any price...

Ive got a B-E-Autilful 99 600F4 on the floor right now, like like new, runs like new, all stock.

All the sportbike squids turn up their nose at it - and all the serious sportbike riders can afford something newer...

I guess I was expecting the normal comments when someone puts a Bird up for sale. Guess mines not special enough. I'll be patient, but you know how it is when you start thinking about what you want to do with the money. :P

I guess I was expecting the normal comments when someone puts a Bird up for sale. Guess mines not special enough. I'll be patient, but you know how it is when you start thinking about what you want to do with the money. :P

It's gorgeous. You'll find a buyer. My lottery ticket didn't come in......

I think the cold weather and snow sticking around has a lot to do with it.

Longest winter in recent memory.

As soon as it warms up it will sell.

Nice bike at a nice price.

Winter has nothing to do with it. The bike has been rode hard and put up wet. Shes tired, ugly, and slow. You will be lucky to move it. That said, I will give you 1k for it, as it would be a misery killing.

Winter has nothing to do with it. The bike has been rode hard and put up wet. Shes tired, ugly, and slow. You will be lucky to move it. That said, I will give you 1k for it, as it would be a misery killing.

Not true. I always toweled her off after I was done raping,....er, riding her. :unsure:

Just another perspective

Just for today there were 30 harleys listed on the local craigslist. Town of 35k

And an 07 busa stock with low miles for 3k

• 3 weeks later...

It's real nice...I paid $3600 for my 97 with 27k on it last month and by the look of the pics you posted yours is cosmetically in better shape and has all the goodys and susp work done already...hang in and you will find her buyer

Thats a clean bike, Jon. You should hang onto it for longer trips. I do know what you mean though. Other than longer trips I have a hard time not riding the Speed Triple. At least I would if I ever get my fucking gas tank back from the painter.

Well, Brett, it looks like a friend of Joe Steiner's is coming Saturday with a fistful of dollars, so I will likely get to experience the biggest case of seller's remorse I will ever have. :(

My Triumph is surprisingly good for the very few longer trips I get to take. The way I figure, more long trips will mean I quit racing. Guess I'll just have to put the drag bike back on the road. :D