CBR1100XX.org Forum

Want to sell my low-mileage 2001 XX

Alright ladies and gentlemen. It's time for this beast to go to a good home. I just don't and CAN'T ride it anymore.

I just hate to see it sit in the garage collecting dust. Here are the facts...................

Bought it in Jan 2012. Paid $4400 for it. (I know what I paid is irrelevant, just wanted to give the history of my ownership).

Once I got it home I realized that the 2001 models were red. It has been repainted with '02 silver paint. It's very obvious that it was painted by someone that knows how to paint bikes.

The bike has 25,042 miles on it. She runs like a bat out of hell like all good XX's do. I personally put approx 6,000 miles on her since I bought it.

New chain and sprockets were installed 4k miles ago.

I have a brand new, yet unmounted set of Continental ContiMotion tires that go with the bike. Not the best tires for the Blackbird but for selling purposes they are fine. :icon_whistle:

It also has a Givi windscreen and a MAG Knight tank protector on the bike.

Also included with the sale is a factory service manual and a set of Heli Bars that I bought from a member here but never installed.

Now for the bad...............the top cowl has a half-dollar size hole as well as crack at the top that is about 2 1/2 inches long. I think the right decal would be a good temporary remedy

for the hole........I just never found the right one.

The non-original paint and the cowl issues are the only reasons I'm selling it so cheaply. Mechanically-speaking, the bike is worth MUCH more than my asking price.

It has a clear Tennessee title in my name as well.

I'm putting it for sale here for $2500.................I will give it a week or so then I plan to put it on cl for $3000.

I'll happily answer any questions you have.

Jim Haynie

901-338-9600.

001_zps0684e93e.jpg

002_zps3ed999cb.jpg

003_zpsb9619bb8.jpg

004_zps4345d863.jpg

005_zps2a1de4f7.jpg

006_zps650e64aa.jpg

007_zps29d964c8.jpg

Somebody is going to get a sweet deal- a low mileage FI bird for $2500...better hurry because this won't last long!

GLWS!!!

Pm "Oldgeezer"in Chattanooga. Seriously, he might be interested in a deal this good. Tell him I referred you.

Pm "Oldgeezer"in Chattanooga. Seriously, he might be interested in a deal this good. Tell him I referred you.

I will.

Thank you.

I forwarded to a friend.

I appreciate it mucho.

I really hate listing my XX on cl and letting it go to some young, stupid-assed bonehead but at the same time I'm not doing the bike

any favors by letting it sit in the garage for a few more weeks/months.

I won't have time to list it and deal with buyers till this weekend.......................I'll probably list it Saturday morning before going to work. That will give me two days

to handle everything before reporting back to work Tuesday.

Come on guys.........Surely someone knows someone that can give this scooter a good home.

I forwarded it to a guy I know as well. He has talked about getting another Bird for awhile now, but that has been it. The price is tempting, even if it is just to have some replacement spares in the garage for any possible mishaps or other cosmetic upgrades.

Damn !! It's just so far away at a time that I can't leave my business. planning a Dragon trip in September if the bike were for sale in 5 weeks I would be taking it home with me.

I noticed it has no plates, are you able to do some kind of temp there so it can be ridden home? Are the tires on it now shot?

Or...would you do a truck pickup if the buyer pays shipping?

I noticed it has no plates, are you able to do some kind of temp there so it can be ridden home? Are the tires on it now shot?

Or...would you do a truck pickup if the buyer pays shipping?

I have current TN plates for it; good 'till Feb 2014. I liked the license plate bolts that was on the 'Bird when I bought it, so I took them off and used the bolts on my new 1100.

I haven't been able to find just the right mounting bolts to use.......................everything around here is so fucking "generic and reflective". :icon_neutral:

I've never shipped a bike but I'm open to anything. I REALLY want to sell it to a member here because it is a very special machine and I don't want it to go to a

squid or noob and see it around town all fucked up.

As far as the tires go, yea they (especially the rear) is shot. Don't get me wrong.............................If I was still in my 20s or 30s I would ride those tires until they were flat.

I see you are in Arizona.............No fucking way would I attempt to ride it to AZ at my age!

I would gladly pay to have the new tires mounted, but I can't even get my feet on the pegs right now. That's the whole dilemma.............i LOVE this bike but the knees won't allow me to keep it.

Jim

Also, do you think it was repainted, or just had the fairings swapped out? Or maybe came from Canada (can't remember their colors/years)?

Yes, I know for a fact the bike has been repainted. Right after I bought the 'Bird, I spoke to the second owner who had it repainted because the original owner

for whatever reason(s). allowed the red paint to become scratched all to hell.

The second owner was/is a helicopter flight trainer for the US Army in southern Alabama. Right now I don't recall the base he was stationed at.

This same guy came home from a tour in the middle east and was greeted with divorce papers. He traded the Blackbird to the man I bought it from for a couple of four-wheelers and cash

so that he could spend some quality riding time with his children.

The guy I purchased it from told me that a bbq grill had fallen over in his garage and the handle punched the hole in the fairing. Whether or not that's true I have no idea.

The $4400 I paid for it, as I later found out, was a bit much.....but at THAT time I wanted an XX so bad and it was only a couple hundred miles away and I had the $$$ in my pocket.

As you guys know, this is one of the greatest big motorcycles ever made. FUCK, I love this bike but at this stage in my life I just need to sell it because I've had 2 knee surgeries and both

were out-of-pocket expenses........That and the fact that I just can't get my feet on the pegs and ride comfortably. I sincerely hope to purchase another 'Bird someday, but right now

this one needs a new home instead of collecting dust in my garage.

Jim

Sale pending! To a 55 y/o nonetheless. Supposed to come get it Wed morning.

I guess I should tell him about this forum????????????

Nah, probably not! :lol:

Got a text from the buyer saying "The wife and I talked it over this morning and decided 5 bikes was enough, so I won't be buying

your Blackbird."

Talked it over this morning? REALLY???? :huh:

So this bike is still for sale. :(

Wish I had the money and the room to store it. If I bought this I would be served with divorce papers tomorrow. :0 I also have too many bikes in my shed. My 97 is paid for and barely broken in at 67k miles so I hope you find a good home for her soon. :(

Got a text from the buyer saying "The wife and I talked it over this morning and decided 5 bikes was enough, so I won't be buying

your Blackbird."

I sent you a message

your Blackbird."

I sent you a message

....and I replied this morning. :)