CBR1100XX.org Forum

190 mph

erixx

Hohohoh!

Finally made a topspeed test with the new racing slipons (everything else is stock, Honda filter, no jetting, no sprocket modding,...carb'ed 98 XX- the fast titanium one :lol: -). Also got new clutch plates.

The bike got past 300 kmh, up to 305 kmh!* Thats 189,50 mph more or less! (and i'm a slightly heavy guy, go figure)

Just for fun, what else is needed to join the 200 mph Club? Just kidding...

* Speed measurements with OEM Honda equipment :wink:

The bike got past 300 kmh, up to 305 kmh!* Thats 189,50 mph more or less!

Don't forget to back out that built in 8% speedometer error that is typical of all Honda bikes. That drops you down to about 281 kmh or 174 mph. Still damn fast.

You should be able to join the 200 mph club with another 50-60 hp.

Sure, it's not the real speed, that's why i said 'measured with Honda OEM equipment' LOL! The XX speedometer, I mean!

A friend of mine, who has a FI + powercommander + racing slipons + whatever = does 330 kmh or 205 mph.... thats bloody fast.

(if i can believe him :!: )

Is 200 honest MPH without a turbo (or nitrous) possible?

I don't see why not. The bike has good aerodynamics. Right now, it's almost as fast as a either the 'Busa or a Kawasaki, with around less 20 hp.

Probably 180 HP at the rear wheels and a bigger front sprocket would do the job.

I would think you could get the HP with a big bore kit, higher compression pistons, a good port job, and a 4 into 1 exhaust system. You may also need bigger carbs. (FI guys would need to have the throttle bodies machined largerif there is material enough in the castings)

It's possible and was done 1997-98, this is from the Vand M site, Honda then commissioned them to make the 50 1200cc Anniversary Blackbirds that were sold in the UK, not in quite as high a state of tune as the original.

V & M Blackbird. The First Normally Aspirated Road Bike To Do 200 M.P.H.  

V&M Blackbird  

When we decided to build a road bike to do 200 m.p.h. the Honda CBR1100XX was the obvious choice.

Good streamlining and a strong stock motor were the basis for V&M's Steve Mellor to start work. Wanting to keep the bike flexible and user friendly, the stock carbs and engine balance shafts were left in, but the air box was modified to ram air. The bottom end of the engine was left stock with "Carrillo" rods fitted as "insurance". Power centres around the 1200 big-bore pistons and the extensively gas flowed cylinder head. Careful machining for correct squish and compression ratio and VMR profile camshafts are phased in for optimum power.

Steve also put a lot of work into the stock C.V. carbs, for maximum drivability in conjunction with the ram air box. Fitted with a modified AKRAPOVIC race exhaust the engine produces in excess of 180 b.h.p. at the rear wheel, compared to the stock bikes at 135 b.h.p. Even though the V&M bike has in excess of 45 b.h.p. more than the stock bike, it is easier to ride with the immense torque spread making a very flexible and user-friendly motor.

• 2 weeks later...

las week i put a -1 sprocket on.

Now the bike shows 320 kmh!! hehe not real of course.

It accelerates much better, but i wonder what the real topspeed is incomparison to the stock sprocket top speed... definitively LESS?

gday

watched a proggie on a salt lake in the states somewhere and a speedweek thingy that was on, and saw a fella on a turbo'd suzi hayabusa join the 200 mile club and break the record in his class

he had to do 2 runs in a limited time and the average of both runs was his time

so it is't easy

Well...not sure how accurate my GPS is but I did a run last Sunday on the XX. Stock gearing and a few other non-stock items like the 60 shot of nitrous and this is what I got on my GPS :cool:

20042124264994962755863.jpg

Without the nitrous my previous high speed run was 178mph per GPS. On this last run I did not hit the nitrous until about 150mph.....man was THAT fun!

Cheers-

Sanch

Sanch: Toxxic will be sending you your ticket :!:

283 feet per second! How was the scenery?

After you got out of your driveway, you must of really been flying :grin:

Dano

:shock: now that is moving,  

Did you bike take off like in Biker Boys when they hit there juice?  :wink:  :lol:  

Dave

:pointup: Hah...not quite but the rpm's did a nice little jump :bigshock: and the speed started pouring on much quicker....very smooth at those speeds...I've hit it in second with one tooth down on the front sprocket and almost killed myself :twak: now that was stupid :wink:

Sanch:   Toxxic  will be sending you your ticket :!:  

283 feet per second!  How was the scenery?

After you got out of your driveway, you must of really been flying :grin:  

Dano

BWHAHAHAAA....tell Toxxic to come and give it too me :outtahere: :mrgreen:

Scenery was good...ummm...I think.....but at the time I could care less about what was around me as much as what was in front :lol:

My Etrex Vista seems REALLY accurate..

Well...not sure how accurate my GPS is but I did a run last Sunday on the XX.

:cool: TJ :cool:

Thats what I'm talkin bout! Go Sanch!!! :grin:

And Dave stop cutting and pasting numbers on your GPS! You rode a 190 miles last year and cut and pasted it to the top speed section, comeon Bro you can tell us! :wink:jk

Go Dave! :grin: