CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: 2001 CBR1100XX, SOLD!! Please delete.

Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful 01 Candy Glory Red XX , excellent condition, 15,250 miles, all stock except for a Puig DB shield and Buell foot pegs.

I don't ride it any more , so it ashame it just sits,

Asking $5,300 OBO, bike is located in Clovis Cal, (Fresno area) Tags just paid, good till 3/14/08

email me at scmyattb1@comcast.net or call Brian @ 559-970-2702

I am the third owner of the bike and as far as I know it's never been down or dropped, it is a 49 state bike, not a California model, originally it came out of Phoenix, oil changed regularly and I use Rotella T, there are no issues at all, runs like it was brand new.

The bike is financed locally in my sons name, he has already signed off the pink at the credit union so your money will get you the tile the day you pick it up as long as the C.U. is open.

Also looking for a Kendon single rail trailer, could work out a partial trade.

Flickr Pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/16437428@N07/?donelayout=1

IMGP9920.jpg

IMGP9909.jpg

look how this color Pops in the sun.

IMGP9889.jpg

I see a KLR in your future. An 08 with 23.2 miles on it. :icon_biggrin:

Trade it!

He can't! Dave's KLR doesn't have enough miles on it to register a 49 states model in California. You need 7,500 miles for it no longer to be considered "new" here, thus allowing a 49 states model to be registered. Otherwise, it has to be a Calif model or be brought into compliance with Calif emissions standards (probably a carbon canister and plumbing) and certified as such.1 So, if Brian rides his XX to NY, then rides the KLR back to California, he has to turn around and go back to Ohio and then back to Calif. before he can register it here. Unfortunately, that's a couple valve inspections, oil changes, at least one tire change and a really sore butt 2 (no Corbin on Dave's KLR yet).

Moral of story -- we Californians are discriminated against unless Dave will start putting 4,500 miles on a new bike before he unloads it.

1 Probably nearly impossible to find anyone who can certify it, and in light of the price of this kind of bike, all economic advantage from a good deal would be shit canned, and then some.

2 NO . . . I'm not talking about Dave's butt from the obligatory anal sex that would undoubtedly be complementary as a part of the transaction.

have enough miles on it to register a 49 states model in California. You need 7,500 miles for it no longer to be considered "new" here, thus allowing a 49 states model to be registered.

sooo easy to get around that....bought my '02 XX w/1600 mi on it and had it shipped to CA from MI. Insured it, slapped a dealer tag on it (went to dealer and asked for one...said I lost mine)and rode it for 3 mos and put 6K mi on it......then went to DMV with undated title from seller and registered it.....easy.

Even got pulled over for speeding once. Registration? Left it at home.....but here's my insurance card....no problem.

have enough miles on it to register a 49 states model in California. You need 7,500 miles for it no longer to be considered "new" here, thus allowing a 49 states model to be registered.

sooo easy to get around that....bought my '02 XX w/1600 mi on it and had it shipped to CA from MI. Insured it, slapped a dealer tag on it (went to dealer and asked for one...said I lost mine)and rode it for 3 mos and put 6K mi on it......then went to DMV with undated title from seller and registered it.....easy.

Even got pulled over for speeding once. Registration? Left it at home.....but here's my insurance card....no problem.

Unfortunately for me, lying to the DMV has professional complications. Recall that you sign the form about when you brought it in and how many miles were on it at the time under penalty of perjury. That is considered a moral turpitude violation for all state licensed professionals. So . . . it doesn't work well for me or, e.g., for cops.

I see a KLR in your future. An 08 with 23.2 miles on it. :icon_biggrin:

Trade it!

I would love to trade it, but it's financed in my sons name. I had originally bought it, then my son got a loan and bought it from me, so we don't own it, I took over the payments from my son when he bought his other XX, just so it would be around, to play on, but I don't use it since buying the ST

Also the reason I'm selling it is due to the fact that in about three weeks, I no longer have an income, I lost my job and my dissabillity runs out,

And there's also a KLR about two miles from me thats for sale, it does have 1k miles on it, but it also has over 2K in extras, so if I cold buy one at this time, It would be much easier to pick up, but thats dreaming, I'll be lucky if I can hold onto my ST.

What happened to these parts:

VFR bars

Dual star heated grips

Clear alt front signal lens

They are no longer on the bike, bars and lens tentatively sold to another local XX rider, sorry but due to my situation, I had an offer I couldn't refuse, I felt bad about selling them separately, but the loss of my job requires me to try to get as much as possible, and I know they wouldn't make a difference in the price of the bike.

I still have possession of them, I told the buyer I would not sell them until the bike sells, if for some reason I cant sell the bike, I will still have them, and if the guy backs out later, and I do sell the bike,I will put them up for sale once the bike sells,