CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: 2001 CBR1100XX, SOLD!! Please delete.

I think I might go try to trade it in on a KLR? atleast if I can't afford that, I could sale it, they go pretty quick in our area, since were next to the Sierra Mountains.

I think it's not going cause it's kinda pricey for a stock bird, I just paid $5500 for mine, but it included 2 brand spanking new shoei helmets, a full exhaust, power commander, K&N filter, painted hugger, corbin G&L, LED undertail conversion, headlight cover, zero gravity screen, and custom grips (and incidentally a brand new battery)... 11,000 miles...

just my 2 cents...

Mag, its nice that you found a motivated seller of a bike that was equipped in the fashion you wanted. But while its not exactly apples and oranges, the comparisons are not that cut and dried. Someone other than yourself may prefer the setup of the bike that Brian has offered. Additionally, the market tends to vary across our very large country, and it seems that bikes generally command a greater value in California where they can be used year round, as opposed to say, Ohio, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey, where sales can be lackluster any time of year except the spring. So while that opinion may have some merit, I think there are a lot of variables involved.

Mag, its nice that you found a motivated seller of a bike that was equipped in the fashion you wanted. But while its not exactly apples and oranges, the comparisons are not that cut and dried. Someone other than yourself may prefer the setup of the bike that Brian has offered. Additionally, the market tends to vary across our very large country, and it seems that bikes generally command a greater value in California where they can be used year round, as opposed to say, Ohio, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey, where sales can be lackluster any time of year except the spring. So while that opinion may have some merit, I think there are a lot of variables involved.

Exactly, bottom line is "" bikes cost more in Cali "", when I was looking for this bird, I was so frustrated because all the bikes in Cali were atleast a grand more than the ones I could find across the country especially in Ohio, it seemed like Ohio for some reason had the best deal on XX's, and personally, I would only buy a bike that has been unmolested and is in stock configuration, and I'm sure there are others out there like me.

Mag I'm glad you got a good deal on your bike, but your deal is not the average deal, so I guess if you subtract all your extras your saying your bird was probably worth about ?? hmm lets say $2500-$3000 bucks? your deal was great, you got very lucky, ( by the way, lets see some pics? sounds like a cool bike! oh and what year is it?) but in no means is it the average deal for an XX. but mine is not too bad for a stock XX in Cali, besides you do see it says OBO? but to me $4800 is the best offer I've had ( from you) and that's not enough. well actually I did have a full price offer when it was $5500 and I talked the guy out of buying it because it was not the right bike for him, and I dont regret doing that, even if it does not sell, I want it to go to the right person who will love it and not regret it. besides, mag, you offered me $4800, plus the $600 you were going to spend for shipping also put you into it for $5400, plus what ever your DMV fees would have been, and now I'm asking $5300 OBO, so you see there are folks out there willing to pay my price, you were one of them, but I'm glad you found your great deal, and like I said lets see pics, and let us know what year it is, of course, I prefer the red birds, I hope your is red?

Also when I bought my ST1300, I ran into the same thing, there were guys all over telling me, hey in my state you can get a new St for 10K new, best we could do at the time in Cali was around $11,500 plus fees, so I paid the higher price, then I found out it was a 50 state bike, and I could have brought a new one in from las Vegas for about $1000 less without needing the Cali required 7500 miles on an out of state bike purchase.

It will sell, maybe it will take awhile, But I waited three years to find this red bird after I crashed my first Red 01, some one out there wants and needs this bike, I just might have to wait awhile for them to come along, in fact in California, the only two red birds I have ever seen, are the two I've owned, I've seen allot of silver ones, some black ones, one or two titaniums, but honestly I've never seen another red one here, and I ride allot and all over this state, there's just not many birds here. and my sons Blue bird is the only one I've ever seen here.

Maybe I need to take it out to the local naval Air Station, thats where I've sold a few bikes in the past, my Hayabusa now lives at NAS Lemorre, maybe My bird will end up there too, I have one sailor who wants to look at it this week end.

I wasn't trying to start a fight here, just so you know... :icon_surrender:

my first pics are posted...btw

I'm not fighting, in fact I'm not upset nor did I take any offense at all, sorry if my response seemed that way, beside, I appreciate the free bump! I was just pointing out why I'm priced the way I am, and that you did offer me what would have been $5400 with shipping , bikes are more expensive in Cali, and yes there will be great deals out there, sounds like you found one, where I live, you can't even get a decent CBR600 for less than 5K, in fact we sold my wifes CBR600 for $5300, I'm sure it has something to due with the fact that we can ride 12 months out of the year, and we have some of the most expensive gas in the nation, ( paid $3.59 a gal for reg yesterday, and that was a good deal) so there will be some one out there who wants , as I call it , an unmolested red XX in this condition, if not I guess I'll jsut have to force my self to look at it every day as it sits beautifully in my garage.

Oh and my kids blue bird will probably be for sale before the summer is over, and we'll ask even more for it!

Where are your pics posted? I'll go looking for them.

I'm not fighting, in fact I'm not upset nor did I take any offense at all, sorry if my response seemed that way, beside, I appreciate the free bump! I was just pointing out why I'm priced the way I am, and that you did offer me what would have been $5400 with shipping , bikes are more expensive in Cali, and yes there will be great deals out there, sounds like you found one, where I live, you can't even get a decent CBR600 for less than 5K, in fact we sold my wifes CBR600 for $5300, I'm sure it has something to due with the fact that we can ride 12 months out of the year, and we have some of the most expensive gas in the nation, ( paid $3.59 a gal for reg yesterday, and that was a good deal) so there will be some one out there who wants , as I call it , an unmolested red XX in this condition, if not I guess I'll jsut have to force my self to look at it every day as it sits beautifully in my garage.

Oh and my kids blue bird will probably be for sale before the summer is over, and we'll ask even more for it!

I know Steve XXwinner wants it, and when he can he will, but with his new job and all the rehab from the wreck it will take him a while to get the past dealt with. He does not have reliable internet as of yet so he has to deal with it from his bro place. The price for it is not out of line.

And I was talking to another that wanted a Bluebird in the states and told him about your son's. Was not even going to ask, but since you said something, I will tell him.

I really hope you don't sell it (redbird) cause I want Steve to have it. I know it is a worthy bike. And that is not going to be easy to find very soon.

I know Steve XXwinner wants it, and when he can he will, but with his new job and all the rehab from the wreck it will take him a while to get the past dealt with. He does not have reliable internet as of yet so he has to deal with it from his bro place. The price for it is not out of line.

And I was talking to another that wanted a Bluebird in the states and told him about your son's. Was not even going to ask, but since you said something, I will tell him.

I really hope you don't sell it (redbird) cause I want Steve to have it. I know it is a worthy bike. And that is not going to be easy to find very soon.

My son just picked up his Blue 04 ST1300, he's only 25 so he said he would never sell his Blue XX, he said he would still ride it locally, same as I said when I just got my ST, I told him, if you can get past the grandpa look of the ST, and accept that only women with blue hair are going to be checking you out on the ST, (thats what he teases me about when I'm on my ST) once you accept those facts, you'll realize you'll have no need or desire to ride the XX, most of our rides are 400 miles Plus and the ST just suits that role better, he said that would never happen, it took me about two months to realize I wasn't going to ride the XX any more, and beside, after surviving 25k miles on my Hayabusa, and another 20k or so on XX's I figured it was time for me to slow down, I thought it might take him a couple of years to come to the same conclusion, , especially since the St is not as sporty as the XX, but he's only been riding a couple of years, and he told me the ST is sporty enough, he said even though I'm on a more capable spot bike, there's no way I can even come close to keeping up to you when your on your ST and I'm following on my XX

We rode over to the coast last week end, put about 400 miles on the ST's his first real ride other than the ride home when he picked it up, I had said nothing to him about his XX, after the ride, he said, you know dad, I think your right, I probably wont ride the XX any more, I jsut love this ST! so we'll see what happens, he's only 25 and I know the XX is a cool bike for him to have, but he also just dragged home another project, a 71 VW camper van my brother gave him, so we'll see how long that XX last in his cramped appt garage.

IMGP0272.jpg

IMGP0273.jpg

IMGP8529.jpg

IMGP8535.jpg

Seems like a damn good deal! I searched and waited months to find my '01 Red bird. Had yours come along I would have bought it on the spot. Mine is not 100% but is 98.9%, but only has 5K miles............... :icon_biggrin:

Wow, that Bluebird looks really nice, me like the color and those rims in silver... what a sweet looking ride. What is that a Canadian model or something? I don't know that I've seen that color except in the Great White North...

Almost be worth the extra $$$ to ship something that one off from Cali to Fla... Bri, you're killing me... I must... resist... getting weaker... :icon_biggrin:

Wow, that Bluebird looks really nice, me like the color and those rims in silver... what a sweet looking ride. What is that a Canadian model or something? I don't know that I've seen that color except in the Great White North...

Almost be worth the extra $$$ to ship something that one off from Cali to Fla... Bri, you're killing me... I must... resist... getting weaker... :icon_biggrin:

It's a Euro spec Canadian model, and it's cool, because it says Super Blackbird on it.

It's a Euro spec Canadian model, and it's cool, because it says Super Blackbird on it.

I have a feeling that a certain bluebird will be living in Phoenix later this year... money is already in the piggybank for it

just a heads up :)

Exactly, bottom line is "" bikes cost more in Cali "",

True in some cases I guess. But I've always been able to get great deals on bikes in So Cal where I ride year round.

My '98 Bird-all stock 14400 miles, never down, adult owned...nearly mint....just needed a rear tire.

Paid $3100 for it this past February locally.

Exactly, bottom line is "" bikes cost more in Cali "",

True in some cases I guess. But I've always been able to get great deals on bikes in So Cal where I ride year round.

My '98 Bird-all stock 14400 miles, never down, adult owned...nearly mint....just needed a rear tire.

Paid $3100 for it this past February locally.

I guess it's nice to live in So Cal, not the same where I live, there's just not the population , and it's not normaly that you can't find a good deal on what you want, normally you cant even find what you want, as a matter of fact, I bought this XX in Torrance. my ST in Costa Mesa, My wifes F4I in LA, my Dads Nomad in LA, my Honda Accord in Ceritos, etc......